Monday, November 7, 2011

Breakfast Lately

I had a busy day, so here's a quick post. I've had some both conventional and unconventional breakfasts lately, but all have been really tasty. Take a look.



See? Busy Bee. *Gulp* that was what piled up within minutes of walking in the door, and it only kept coming. Luckily, by the end of the day it was all complete. Victory!



Brown rice toast topped with a slice of organic american cheese, egg white puff, & grey poupon with coffee with egg nog! That fruit you see is a pear, but it was a little past its prime and most of it ended up in my dog's belly or in the trash.

Today I had basically the same breakfast, only today I added in hot sauce to the egg white mixture before I nuked it. Great idea! It was awesome.



Bella agrees. But she only got some apple slices, her fave food of all time. (Yeah, she was still in her Halloween pj's, whatev. She's in a pink dress now, no worries)



Protein banana pancakes topped with peanut butter, chocolate almond butter, and a tiny bit of chocolate hazelnut butter. Oh yeah. If that wasn't enough of a delight? More egg nog coffee!!



So glad it's back! And this kind is organic too. Bonus!

Obviously those meals are all pretty normal to start the day out right. I typically tend to eat your standard breakfast food items for....breakfast. But over the weekend, I kept picking lunch items instead, even though it was to break-the-fast. Weird! But tasty, nonetheless.

It was coupon use up time again. First up, Humperdink's.

This was only my second time there. Still not impressed, but this salad was great.



I didn't eat the croutons or tomatoes, but left little else. It consisted of spinach, hard boiled eggs, feta, artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes topped with balsamic vinaigrette. Dreamy.

The whole reason I went the salad route instead of going for a veggie omelet was to avoid eggs for a day or two. Oopsie. But I LOVE hardboiled eggs in salad, I couldn't say no!

Funnily, when the waiter asked my Dad if he wanted cream with his coffee and my Dad said yes, he came back with a container of whipped cream. We were both confused and amused, but he decided to give it a try and he liked it. It mixed in easily too. Who woulda thunk it?

The next day we had a Mimi's coup (that ended up not being as good as we thought, but oh well money off is money off...). I started off breakfasty, but that's also where it ended.




Just call me queen of the drinks. I often seem to end up with a trio.

Entree wise, I debated back and forth between the chicken madeira crepes or the shrimp salad. Only, not really, because as I've said before...crepes (almost) always win. Both looked awesome, though. The crepes came with a lil balsamic salad and the crepes themselves were filled with chicken, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms & topped with a creamy sauce. It was good.



I've been getting a lot of stomachaches and also having a lack of appetite lately. I wake up really hungry, eat breakfast, get a stomachache, and feel full for the rest of the day. I try to force myself to eat at nite to keep my metabolism going (and have been making somewhat poor choices when doing so, since nothing sounds good...). Of course, you'd think since nothing sounds good, I'd just eat whatever healthy foods are available, but nope. For some reason it's not working that way. Lame!

Like, for one, fried chicken "fingers." Does putting them on a bed of organic spinach (with light ceasar dressing) make it healthier? Didn't think so... I also slathered the chicken in "special sauce" (lowfat veganise mixed with organic ketchup...also delish, but only faux healthy)



I NEVER make fried food at home. I didn't even know HOW to make fried food before I was 20. I'd never seen it done before I had a roommate. But for some reason I was dying for chicken fingers (something I basically never eat), so instead of ordering out I made my own. Weird.

Hopefully my eating patterns will regulate soon!

I wasn't terribly hungry for dinner again tonite, no surprise there, but my brother wanted subs for dinner, so I got one too. Firehouse Subs! Only my third time trying it, but it was really good. I got the Engineer with a few modifications (smoked turkey, sauteed mushrooms, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, onions, and extra spicy mustard on wheat!) + some roasted sweet potato & a pickle spear a la carte.



For dessert I had most of a mug of (honeycrisp!!) apple cider



Shortly after, I prepped tomorrow's breakfast and I can't WAIT. I made it up in my head yesterday, hoping to have it today, but we were out of greek yogurt. I was NOT about to let that happen again, so I popped by the store before I came home this evening. Chocolate overnite chia oats here I come!

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment