Sunday, October 7, 2012

Breakfast Lately

I'm still getting settled in my house, but I have been taking (iPhone) pictures almost every day along the way. I'll have TONS of house photos to share, but let's start with meals.

Breakfast, in no particular order.

My first time having sweet egg whites. Made with stevia and cinnamon. Topped with pumpkin cream cheese. Surprisingly DELIGHTFUL.

Fancy breakfast at the Waffle House ;). Cheesy eggs with pepper, raisin toast with apple butter, and grits that I also put apple butter on. Clearly in their eyes carbs>protein

Half a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese + stevia egg whites with pumpkin cream cheese

iced coffs with vanilla unsweetened almond milk & stevia

First time using my new Vitamix (!!!!). Smoothie + my current fave breakfast of sourdough bread lightly toasted with mashed avocado topped with an over medium egg and black pepper. YUM.

Repeat.

pumpkin spice bagel thin with pumpkin cream cheese (yay full of yellow dye x 2. I can't believe I, of all people, didn't read the ingredients TWICE) + a slightly overcooked egg beater (meh) scramble (supposed to be beloved egg whites, but the wrong container was picked up at the store) made with spinach and soy chorizo + iced coffee.

 Self explanatory.

 Salmon benedict, hollandaise on the side. I'm never sure if I use more sauce this way or if they just poured it on top. I didn't know the potatoes would be fried, I would have subbed fruit. But they were pretty tasty.

egg white omelet with spinach & cream cheese + breakfast potatoes

English muffin. Too bad I forgot to say no butter. Also topped with high fructose corn syrup. Aka jam.

Homemade misto.

Egg beaters, cheese, and a ripped up, leftover burger. This is called what happens before a much needed grocery trip. But it was actually much better than it looks. I was shocked too.

Well folks, that's all she wrote for now. 

Back with lunches in a bit. Or maybe dinners. I can't remember if I have any lunch pics. Hmmm....

xo,
Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment