Monday, February 18, 2013

The New Normal: The Justification Edition

The New Normal: Day One.

Just kidding. Counting days is over and done with. Back to resuming non-restrictive life with a new and improved attitude. 

I haven't worked out in 5 days. I feel heavy and gross. Time to get back at it. I'm thinking maybe a gym sesh tonight, but for SURE tomorrow.

For breakfast I had a shake. See, even if I don't feel I HAVE to, I still feel it's a good idea some mornings. 

For lunch I had a greek salad with grilled chicken. I kinda wanted the grilled salmon, but decided to pinch pennies, even if they weren't my own.


 I really should have a blog about how frugal I am. It's pretty bad.  I used to spend money on Louis Vuitton and Christian Louboutin, always plotting out my next big purchase in anticipation of things never being enough. Now? I have to justify buying a $13 orchid to myself (FYI, justification? Similar orchids were $40 at another store. I've wanted one for awhile--after I, uh, killed my last one. $13 WITH a cute pot is a STEAL. Thanks Trader Joe's, you always come through!). And forget turning on my heat even when my house is 55 degrees. Personal comfort is not nearly justification enough when the bill triples for it to even be at 60 degrees!!! But I (majorly) digress.

I also ate about 1.5 pita triangles dipped in tzikiki. Gluten, I know. But they were so fresh and warm and good. Bad justification! Still not worth the potential swollen hands and tongue.

For his birthday they gave my Dad a free piece of baklava. We wanted the cannoli. Ho Hum. But as my dad said, this was "passable." We split it, to split up the sugar indulgence among us. Ha, more silly justification (and gluten).


And even more gluten. This morning some girls from Jimmy Johns came by with free samples (about 1/3 of a regular sub), as they do from time to time as our office is within a block or two of their location. I ate a turkey one. Also good. Also more gluten and swelling I cannot quite justify. Perhaps day one I already need a review of the New Normal Rules. Must not slip back into bad habits!


Towards the end of the day I finished off my salad leftovers. I'm not even sure I was that hungry, I just felt like eating (kinda like when I ate the JJ sample. It called to me from the fridge. No, really).  I don't do that often, but today it seemed like a common theme. So much for practicing good habits. Today has got to be an off day! At least it was basically just veggies and grilled chicken. But definitely not a way to eat every day. Maybe I should start another meal plan. Just Kidding. Kinda.

I ate a bunch of chocolate and had wine when I got home after 8 pm. Just had to keep the madness going until tomorrow. It seemed like a given. I really was going to go to the gym, but 8:30 pm was just too late. I ran errands after work and it was just not realistic. Boo.

For dinner I made meatloaf out of ground chicken. On the side I had peas and salad. And more wine.


Tomorrow=Day One:Redo addition! :-P

xo,
Amanda

P.S. I still owe you a good 4 or so product reviews and pics of my house. Yeeeeah, one day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment