Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Veggie Filled Din Din

February 1

I finally got to sleep (aka passed out while watching a Lifetime movie lol) at a decent time (midnite), but then woke up an hour later and couldn't go back to sleep 'til 3-ish. Better than 6, but not quite what I was hoping for. I woke up at 1 pm. Yeah. I don't even know what my deal is. And I'm still tired all the time. Oy.

-1 slice of stuffed crust pizza with beef
-water



I did NOT order this, but when it came I caved for one piece. I don't particularly like pizza hut, beef topping, or stuffed crust, but I was huungry. Excuses, excuses. I gots 'em!

After eating it I looked up the caloric stats out of curiosity. About 400 calories a slice. I'm not surprised, but man....And to think my brother ate about 5 slices. I told him and he was like "well what can you do?" Um...not eat it? Or so many? :-P.

-smoothie (strawberries, frozen peaches, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, half a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 5 drops of liquid stevia)



Ahh, there we go. The real breakfast I had planned.

Even after only using 1/2 a scoop of the powder, mostly all I can taste is the vanilla-y protein. It's not bad, just not very fruit smoothie-like. Slightly too thick and has to be eaten with a spoon too. I did let it sit for a minute and it tasted a lot better once it got a little more liquidy. Good even.

I kept wondering why the stats of the powder were different online and in person and it just hit me...the stats I looked up were for the Biggest Loser powder, the powder I bought was the Jillian Michaels brand. DUH. The BL one is only 50 cals/scoop and this one is 100. For some reason I kind of trust Jillian's products more, but now I'm curious about the BL brand, especially if it's half the cals.

I know my posts are always so random and the paragraphs rarely connect, so here's another huge tangent...

Bella, my amazing, gorgeous, perfect dogtaugher (dog-daughter, for those not in the know), is a clothes horse. Really. I know most people think dressing up dogs is just for the owners, and ok mostly it is, BUT I can assure you with my little girl it is the opposite of mean and cruel. Case in point: today Bella wanted to go outside to play in the backyard, so I took off her sweater. I call it the Chanel-sweater, 'cause it's one of those styles. Anyway, she did her thing and then came back in and hid under one of the tables in our living room, as she often does. I walked by with her sweater and she perked up, got out from under the table, got on her 2 hind legs and put her other 2 legs (now arms lol) in the air, as if signaling me to put her sweater back on her. Like mother like daughter. Gotta love it. :)

Got my nails (mani and pedi) done. FINALLY. As we recently established I suck at doing my own. I usually go every 3 weeks or so at the most. Usually way less. I HATE the process. I don't understand how anyone can find it relaxing. But I digress. Anyway, I hadn't gone since early-mid November and my toenails were LONG. When the guy asked if I wanted them cut I almost laughed outloud. Who wants long toenails? Gross! But it feels good to have them done. They were starting to hurt. Well, they had been for awhile. Also, I asked for a flower design on my big toes. I got it done once and have always had one since. Not that anyone really notices, at least not often, but I like to think of it as my signature thing lol. It's never been a problem in the past, in fact, usually they ask me if I want one, but this guy seemed to have a little trouble. Which was kind of weird, because when I asked for one he asked me what kind of flower. Like he knew how to do anything I desired lol. I told him just whatever, but I guess he needed specifics? :-P. Luckily one of the girls came by and did it pretty cute. Andddd, then this girl walked in just minutes before closing (7 pm--so pretty late for a nail salon) and wanted acrilyc nails and a pedicure. Pretty sure she said she was a "dancer at a club" (aka stripper). But, hey, whatever pays the bills.




-venti Starbucks vanilla rooibos tea (I really need to just buy a few boxes of this tea...)



Dinner was tons of veggies. YAY.

-one bowl of sauteed veggies
-one bowl of my mom's leftover chinese food (broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, and chicken, but mostly just veggies)
-bowl of salad (mixed greens, carrots, broccoli slaw, red cabbage, olive oil, red wine vinegar)
-a small piece of bread with honey butter (not even that good today)





I was originally planning on taking it easy & making a wrap with a big salad on the side, but I realized we had wayy too many leftovers, so I made it even easier on myself (and our about-to-bust-open fridge). Three bowls may seem a little excessive, but I couldn't decide which array of veggies sounded better, and then I realized...hey, since they're (mostly) veggies--why choose?

I'm done with my antibiotics (HALLELUJAH). I'm still coughing like crazy though. That can't be good. But I have more energy, in spurts, and I'm not bed ridden, so it's still an improvement.

-mini Vosges red fire bar (mexican ancho and chipotle chilis, cinnamon, and dark chocolate)




Before I went to bed last nite I watched the Little Chocolatiers on TLC and have been craving chocolate ever since.

-3 mostly raw chocolate chip cookie dough balls
-Thomas Kemper 20 calorie root beer




I had forgotten I got that root beer out of the fridge to have with dinner (when I still thought I was making a wrap), so I grabbed it when I went back for the balls :).

I made another fun treat for tomorrow. All these treats are piling up. Maybe I should finish one batch before I make another, but variety is the spice of life!

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment