Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Killer Headache

January 18

Workout:


-33 min elliptical

Woke up with a killer headache. Maybe even a very mild migraine. You know, the kind where lights hurt and you feel naseaus. Still, I went to the gym. Dedication? Maybe. But I also hoped the endorphins would help my head. And I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, so it was either workout in pain or lay in pain and focus on the pain. You can see which I picked. I also popped 3 advil. I felt better after, but still hurty. And that was prob the slowest I've ever worked out on the elliptical. Oh well, better than nothing!

I'm kinda wondering if it's related to the kiwi incident of last nite? Maybe I am allergic and it was a lingering side effect? Guess I'll never know, but if it could kindly go away that'd be grrrrreat.

-the rest of the fruit plate
-2 small slices of toasted chocolate cherry wheat bread topped with pb
-most of a misto made with nunaturals vanilla stevia!! (been wanting to try this forever and since I never win any nn giveaways I FINALLY bought my own. Accidentally got the kind with alcohol, I know the blog-popular one is generally the alcohol free, but stilllll!)




I wanted to make a spinach & artichoke egg white scramble, but since I AM allergic to egg whites and I already felt sick I figured I better not chance it.

Today was technically Kendyll-watching day, so obviously I didn't go to the office. Well, it turns out now I'll only have to watch her on Thursdays. But by the time I found out it was kinda late to go in to work. I mean I could have, but even though I felt mostly better I took it as a sign I should rest up. Or something. Probably a good call as my headache faded in & out all day.

Finished my book (last in a series *sniff*) & watched some youtubes.

Then ate lunch.

-salad (organic mixed greens, matchstick carrots, organic celery, sliced tomato, brown rice) topped with tuna salad (made with lemon hummus, relish, mustard, hot sauce, greek seasoning, and black pepper), a little ranch, and a litttttttle goat cheese + mary's gf crackers for crunch
-half of a pomegranate Kombucha




I would have made something different had I known it wasn't going to be a to-go type lunch, but I premade this last nite and didn't want it to go to waste. It was actually really good.

Took a nap. Set my alarm for 45 minutes. Hit snooze once. Woke up hungie again. And with a smaller version of my headache. Rude. Waking up with a headache is the worst. I really need my massage tomorrow.

-small bowl of crock pot beef stew packed full of veggies




I thought this would take 'til at least 7 pm to cook (put it on slow @ 9 am), but it cooked fast.

Meh. The oven kind is better. Not big on the tomato sauce-iness. Would try in crock pot again, but with a diff recipe. Oh well, good enough to finish & at least I tried.

-a couple bites of chocolate coconut milk ice cream, a couple bites of mint choc chip coconut milk ice cream topped with a few more vegan chocolate chips



-more beef stew this time with a handful of spinach added in
-2 pieces of sourdough toast with light vegan butter



-ginger peach rooibos tea



I really wanted water, but our Ozarka was out & my Dad's busy. Guess I can bug my brother. Tea works in the meanwhile. Last time I tried to change it myself we had a 2-room flood, LOL. Granted that was years ago, but it still makes me nervous!

P.S. Keep your eye out for a giveaway! Have it all typed up & ready to go, just need to take a few pics!

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment