Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend Eats

Saturday I had my aforementioned breakfast meeting at a new-to-me restaurant in the Highland Park area called Lucky's Cafe. Online it's mentioned that they're "noted by the Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue as a 'must see' Dallas dining spot with 'perfect pancakes and awesome omelets.'" Sounded promising.  I'm not sure when A&F became known for their critiques, especially of food, but I must say in the parking lot everyone appeared to have stepped right out of an Abercrombie catalog. Unfortunately, once inside mostly everyone just looked "normal." Darn. 

I started off with coffee and water, as always. 



But after looking around and noticing what I suspected were mimosas, suddenly I *HAD* to have one too. Just a feeling.


Intuition, baby. Always trust it. That was the best damn mimosa I think I've ever had. Oddly, at first sip I thought it tasted like orange juice and beer, but then it mellowed out. Yum, yum. Definitely worth $4. That was the one thing on the menu with no price, so I was a little cautious. I hate restaurants that charge $10 for a mimosa. C'mon. But this was just right in every way.

I had decided my meal the nite before when I was perusing the menu. 

The Lotto omelet aka pick your own 4 ingredients. I chose spinach, mushroom, chicken, and cream cheese. I asked for egg whites only, but they used the whole egg. I love whole fried eggs, but usually hate scrambled, cooked yolks. I didn't want to cause a scene, so I just ate it and it was pretty good. Woulda been better just whites. I had planned on wheat toast, but read rave reviews about the biscuits and these did not disappoint. And I'm not much of a biscuit person either. YUM. VERY dense, yet fluffy and mmm. I filled the middle of mine with apple cinnamon jam (LOVE when places have any jam besides grape or strawberry-yuck) and drizzled a little honey on top. Pefection. I ate about 1/2 of my meal and took the rest to go.

I didn't eat again until dinner, except for a couple samples at Sam's Club. I went the gym in the late afternoon and did a quick chest & back weight routine and then headed around the other side of the building and picked up Chinese takeout :). A friend had mentioned eating Chinese the evening before and I couldn't get it out of my head! 

Half an order of moo goo gai pan with brown rice. Topped with low-sodium tamari sauce & sriracha

An hour or two later I went back and ate the rest plus a frozen egg roll I remembered we had in the freezer (with sweet chili sauce). My muscles needed fuel! (Or that's what I'll keep telling myself).


I finished off the night with a slice of leftover cake, a lil frozen yogurt on the side, & a fortune cookie. Sugar fest!



I slept in embarassingly late today and headed straight to "breakfast."

That gingerbread pancake was so good

While running errands, I needed something to pick me up and quench my thirst. Starbucks to the rescue! And it was my 15th drink (I swear it was my 16th, but my 'Bux app swears it's the 15th), so I get a free drink postcard soon. Thumbs up to that.

Unsweetened iced green tea

And my dad grabbed me a sample of my favorite dark chocolate covered honeycomb at the grocery store


For dinner I finished off my brother's chinese from yesterday. I ordered him orange beef with fried rice (though it looked more like brown rice, so I'm not positive which it ended up being). I'd NEVER order that for myself, but I didn't want it to go to waste. He's SO picky with Asian food. He said he'd eat it, but most of it was left behind. 


It tasted only slightly better than it looks. I mean it was okay, but not my thing. I didn't know that (aside from chicken fried steak) people breaded beef? Weird. After taking that coating off each piece it was good enough to finish at least. 

A little bit later I tried out one of my new Sam's Club finds:



I wish I had a better review, since this has great stats, but it wasn't very tasty. Bummer. Here's hoping the strawberry is better, but I don't have high hopes. I also don't understand why the first ingredient is skim milk and not greek yogurt. Maybe another company will do it better. If I had my say, I'd make a plain greek yogurt flavor with chunks of frozen fruit. That would be so good. Or maybe with honey. A chocolate one might be interesting too. Hmm.

THEN, I ate half of the half (got that?) of my leftovers from Lucky's breakfast. Well, all of the second biscuit. Even reheated it was awesome. It didn't photograph well, so just look up if you must :). 

Hope everyone has a great third weekend day tomorrow! Unfortuately I'll be working, but we'll still bbq when I get home. I just put together some sangria, so here's hoping it tastes good!

For now I'll leave you with my besties. 


Ohhhh that smile
LOL he'd just gotten out of the bath. Silly boy. 
xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment