Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beach Body Day 2

I woke up this morning and decided to start my day with 20 minutes on the treadmill. It woke me right up and set my day right.


I had oats for breakfast again, but this time only about 1/4 a cup. I heated the banana with the oats, which is 10,000 times more delicious than mixing it in after. For toppings, I just put a tiny bit of cranberry peanut butter with a drizzle of honey and a few drops of chocolate stevia. Yum.

I probably should have stuck with closer to the 1/2 cup. This only kept me full about an hour and a half, but I was able to make it 3.5 hours before digging into lunch, so it was okay.


 I grabbed random stuff from the fridge and freezer and threw it together. A frozen salmon burger and brown rice (both covered in hot sauce) + straws. It was good, I should be random more often.

I left work early to go with my Mom to get mani-pedi's. I LOVE my pedicure, but I made a mistake getting bright yellow nail polish. I'm too pale for it to work, but oh well. I kind of ruined it already, so I covered it up with pink glitter. When all else fails, go for sparkles? Sure.

Mom wanted to go to eat after and suggested on this casual Greek cafe I actually tried on Monday for the first time and told her she'd love. Turns out I was right. It was a little early, so I kept it light-ish with soup and salad.


I'm still learning to love cooked beets, but I'm getting closer. I'm still a bit put off by the texture, but I'm neutral to the taste now. Progress! I don't know why I want to like them so much, but it's just one of those pointless personal goals. 

And also as I did Monday, the meal was followed up with fro-yo! (Only this time it wasn't my idea, but who am I to turn down my favorite frozen treat? Exactly....). 



I felt like working out again all afternoon. I tried to find a fun, new workout on demand, but nothing was piquing my interest so instead I ate 2 clif block shots (not my faves, but I wanted the quick energy) and convinced my brother to go to the gym with me where we did 35 (well I think I did 37, but who's counting?) minutes on the elliptical and some light stretching. Love when I sneak in two workouts. 

I came home and cooked what I had planned for dinner for lunch tomorrow instead, prepped breakfast, and finished up the leftovers from my above salad + added half a piece of leftover fish from the other night.

Time to shower & make a chocolate protein cake & do my best to get to bed before 2 am. I'm SO tired, but can't seem to make myself sleep! Story of my life.

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment