Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rest Day, Insatiable, & Skinny Girl Feast

March 24

If I didn't mention before, I'm taking Thursdays off for a few weeks. Not leaving the house. I'm on the go nonstop daily and need a little recovery time.

I was actually planning to work out in the am, but, err slept in until 11, YIKES.

Watched TV in bed for awhile & then finally got myself down the stairs to eat.

-side salad (organic mixed greens, a little goat cheese, garlic gold nuggets, slivered ranch flavored almonds, light ranch)
-about 1/3 of a mug of green tea





while my real lunch heated through in the oven...

-spanikopita




Meh. Their enchildas ruled, but this was WAY WAY too oniony. No thank you. IDK why I ate it all? And once again claimed to be 2 servings when it's clearly not. *shrug*

I watched a movie with my brother, a Swedish film called Let the Right One In. It was pretty good. Better than I expected from his type of taste, LOL.

While our cleaning lady was in my room I hung out with this pretty Princess:


We watched a little more tv followed by making my brother watch a movie of my choice, Food Inc.

It was pretty good, but I think I expected more? IDK. At least I FINALLY saw it.

But I became exhausted again. Weird. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer & took a nap. Geeeez. My stomach had been hurting too. And I had a weird headache. I wonder if it's because I had no coffee? Hope not. I also blame the spanikopita :-P

-small coke
-faux chicken parm sandwich (brown rice toast, faux chicken patty, marinara, sundried tomato laughing cow)
-sliced apple
-a couple hershey's mini eggs





I don't know why I always want coke when I don't feel great. Weird. At least this was a tasty one. It always sucks to crave a crappy coke & then get one that has no flava.

===========

March 25

-2 sweet potato pancakes with white choc pb, apple butter, & maple syrup drizzle
-half a cup of pumpkin spice coffee with hazelnut coconut creamer
-about 1/3 of a mango Kombucha




Still hungry after. Hate that!

-iced tea with vanilla stevia



-organic salmon frozen meal with brown rice, quinoa, & veggies




The salmon was just meh. The rest was a little better. Wouldn't buy again, but did have great stats and ingredients.

Again, still hungry. What's up with that?

-2 raw coconut macaroons



Lookie who got a hair cut?



Actually, all the dogs did. They look amaaaaaaaaazing.

Went for another girls nite din-din with mi madre.

-2 vodka grapefruit's
-2 lobster & shrimp tacos with a citrus sauce + 2 kinds of hot sauce
-a few bites of black beans and white rice (seriously who serves white rice with tacos? It was pretty terrible)
-shot glass chocolate mousse dessert





It was all just OK. The tacos were double wrapped. First a hard shell covered by a soft (altho it was toasted too, so not exactly pillowy). 2 tortillas= VERY unnecessary, imo. NOW, had they added refried beans or something in between the two, then we'd be talking. But just to add them to add them? Weird. But I was starving and with no sides I could eat, I polished them off. Easily.

The waiter also saw me taking a pic and asked what it was for. Busted. LOL. Usually I'm so discreet! No big thang. But kinda embarassing lol even if he said it was cool.

===========

March 26

-about 1/4 of an order of vegetarian migas (1 whole wheat tortilla, a few bites of egg whites with veggies, a few bites of rosemary roasted potatoes) with ketchup & tobasco
-1 mug of bourbon pecan coffee, half a mug of hazelnut creme coffee, half a mug of b52 coffee aka kahlua all with vanilla stevia



Workout:

-heavy lifting arms & legs YAY my fave

5 reps/3 sets each:

(tricep press @ 60 lbs, squat @ 120 lbs, under & over wrist curls @ 45 lbs, calf raises @ 70 lbs, bicep curls @ 55 lbs which was a little too high but I did it, leg extension @ 100 lbs, overhead tricep press @ 27.5 lbs, leg curl @ 65 lbs which seemed alllllmost high, and hammer curls @ 20 lbs)

Got new shoes at Tar-Jay. Look just like the Loubie version I've always lusted for.




-about 1/4 of a real sugar throwback mountain dew



Eh, nothing to write home about. Who knew it was made with orange juice?

For dinner we had a rarity: my whole fam went out together. We went to Cristina's and ate tex-mex out on the patio. Perfection.

Self-portraits on the way there...yes, I get bored easily.

classic moi
A little better
Yep, I wore 'em right away. Wouldn't you?! They're half a size too big, but when they're this pretty who really cares? LOL

-2 skinny girl margaritas
-a billion chips with salsa
-2 shrimp fajitas that were WAY too salty with borracho beans, spanish rice, pico, sour cream, guac, & corn tortillas
-1 bite sized flauta dipped in queso





Way too much food! Oops.

I just realized we have almost no family pics, especially recent ones. We should get on that.

xo,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. -cute shoes
    -cute earrings
    -your blog always makes me soooo hungry .. lol.
    i have a question, where do you buy the brown
    rice bread/toast you always eat? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley!

    I'll take a pic of the bread bag later so you can see what exactly I'm talking about. They have a similar one, but with different (imo, slightly less stellar)stats. I get mine at Sprouts or Whole Foods. It's crazy expensive (like $5-6 and it's a small loaf), but I don't eat a ton of bread, especially at home, so it lasts me awhile. And tastes sooo good. But only when toasted (and you have to toast it on the hottest setting possible to get it really delicious. It doesn't crisp up, just gets warm & softer and yum).

    ReplyDelete
  3. U are too cute!!! Such a diva ; ) Loving the glitter heels! U can never have too much glitter in your life : )

    Ok that salmon looks so good too! I will have to look for that! So much good stuff on here! Your dog looks so sassy with her new haircut!! adorable!

    Yes flats can be fun too! I love those pink tory burch glitter ones so much! I need them! Have a great day love!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shoes, I want a pair! I've wanted a cute pair of platform heels for awhile now, which is odd bc I don't wear heels that often, other than my heeled BR boots. Maybe it's bc I'm sick of my clothes and feel I'd have nothing to wear cute heels with LOL.

    -sassymolly

    ReplyDelete