Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Survey

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

WRAP. I didn't realize some people just set them under, that would practically ruin Christmas for me! Half the fun is opening everything!!!!


Colored lights on tree/house or white?

White


Do you hang mistletoe?

Nah. I'm pretty sure you don't need to make out with your family. Just sayin'

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Hmm....I like everything we make, hence why we make it. Fave is prob the spinach artichoke dip.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Can't think of anything specific, but we always had excellent Christmases

Snow? Love it or dread it?

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Shame on you haters! :-P

Real or fake tree?

Fake. We had a real one a couple of times, but it gave my Mom and I horrible headaches, so we're probably allergic.

What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

Seeing people happy

What is your favorite Holiday dessert?

pumpkin pie with gingerbread cookie crust or pumpkin gingerbread trifle

What is your favorite tradition?

watching my family open their presents

What tops your tree?

the past 2 years (we always seem to lose the toppers, so it changes) it's been a SUPER sparkly star that my mom, dad, and I love, but my brother thinks is sooo tacky, lol


What is your favorite Christmas Song?

I'm not a huge Christmas song person, but I like that Garth Brooks "Santa Looks a Lot Like Daddy" one OK, or really any of his Christmas Album...and for shame, for shame, but I've always been partial to that "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" one by N'Sync (I don't know the real title, but I'm sure you know the one...). The Hippopotamus one always makes me laugh, too. And not a Christmas song, but...what are the holidays without Adam Sandler's Hannukah song?!

What do you leave for Santa?

cookies, milk, and veggies for the reindeer, duh!

Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?

Whoever wakes up first (at a reasonable hour, say after 8) can wake everybody else up, as people slowly get out of bed to head downstairs, we all open our stockings, one by one, then find our cozy place on the couch, cuddle in with the pups and kitties, then open the presents 1 by 1. It usually takes 3 hours, at least. Then, I make breakfast & coffee with egg nog when we're done (even though it's usually past lunch time...) and we feast. Only to be followed by beginning to start the appetizers and dinner process.

Picture taken about 5 minutes ago, but you get the idea ;)

Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?

mostly online--more unique choices!

YOUR TURN!!

xo,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment