Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stuck In My Room

April 1

-2 or so really gross (nonvegan) french onion sun chips
-water



Ugh, they were all I had in my room to eat (got them at the airport, didn't thoroughly check the ingredients first, oops) and I'm semi-stuck in my room because of the people taking up the hall to remodel my bathroom, but I couldn't even eat those. Terrible. I gave the rest to my brother

-kind bar
-water



I remembered my bar stash in my room to help buy me a little more time without having to starve. Phew!

-seeds of change organic indian rice with lentils, chick peas, and mung beans
-a few mixed nuts



-smartfood popcorn honey multigrain flavor



I'm still eating honey, vegan or not. Can't get me away from that deliciousness. Plus, I mostly only eat local honey anyway. Good for allergies. Not that honey popcorn counts for that, LOL. Oops.

-piece of crystallized ginger for my belly



-2 chocolate almond chunks of energy



-plaintain chips

Unpictured because I nom nomed the shit out of those in front of the fridge ;)

-brown rice fettuccini with pesto, sundried tomatoes, steamed broccoli, and steamed cauliflower
-extra steamed veggies with pepper
-water



I forgot until I was plating it that pre-made pesto is made with parmesan cheese. CRAP. By this point I really wanted it, so I ate it anyway. The combination of it all wasn't really worth it. In fact, I didn't really like it much at all. Bummer. On its own or with one plain ingredient (like if I had the noodles and pesto solo) I LOVE it, but I guess from now on I'll just have to make my own pesto, sans cheese.

I know I'm still learning and every step I take is ultimately going in the "right" direction, but I also know if I don't eliminate meat and dairy entirely the "magic" won't happen, which is what I'm striving for. I want to know if this will make me feel great or if I'll feel the same and THEN decide where to go from there. But if I keep cheating I'll never really know. But...tomorrow is another day to start over, so *fingers crossed* :-P.

-a tiny bit of vanilla soy ice cream with chocolate + chocolate-hazelnut (both have a litttttle dairy, hey I said tomorrow I start over, LOL)



xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment