Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco De Drinko

May 5

-1 cup fiber one with half a banana sliced in with 3/4 cup almond milk and topped with cinnamon
-mini apple juice box



-mini piece of dark chocolate


melts in your hand not in your mouth? :-P

-salad (spinach, carrot, radicchio with organic italian dressing)
-raspberries
-2 tbsp hummus with raw broccoli
-about half a cup of smores coffee
-water




-mini krackel bar
-mini mr. goodbar




-2 veggie tacos (organic blue corn tortilla shells, spicy black bean dip, chunks of avocado, tomato, spinach, topped with salsa)
-spanish rice
-55 calorie beer




Happy (healthy-ish) Cinco De Drinko :-P.

Taco nite is a family fave. It needs to go back into the weekly rotation, me thinks. I still make an extra lean ground turkey version for my fam, but I'm just as satisfied w/ the veggie ones. The avocado is the best part anyway! My Mom usually has a tiny appetite with any other meal, but she ate, no joke, SIX tacos and 2 scoops of rice lol. Crazy. & she usually she eats about 5. I don't know what her deal is with tacos lol.

Overall a great eating day! Healthy and delish. Love those days. OK, OK the chocolate wasn't so healthy, but each piece was only 40-something cals, so it's a small indulgence :).

xo,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Deadlift- Not many weight training exercises work as many muscle groups and build muscle as fast as the deadlift. The neck, traps, upper, middle, and lower back, glutes, hamstrings, quads, biceps, forearms, and abs are all utilized in the deadlift. No other exercise is a better test of overall body power. While uninformed people always ask, “how much can you bench,” the question they really should ask is, “how much can you deadlift?” A deadlift is the most basic exercise anyone can do. Bending down and picking a weight up off the floor is the one weight training exercise that mimics everyday real life situations. Most people will rarely find themselves on their back needing to push a heavyweight off their chest but everyone has to bend down and pick things up. If you could only do one exercise to build muscle this would be the one to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that heart bowl in the top pic. And I keep hearing about that Smores coffee; makes me think I should get my drip coffee maker out of storage (I've used a Senseo for the past several years).

    ReplyDelete