Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Salad"

August 24

I'm dumb and didn't feel like eating breakfast when I woke up. By the time I was ready it was too late.

I packed my lunch for work today, but my Dad had a couple hours off around lunch time, so since I was nice enough to go with him to his doctor's appt this morning instead of working out, he was nice enough to buy me lunch and Starbucks. I told him just Starbucks would make us even, but who am I to turn down a free meal too? Come on, people. Not that he EVER charges me when we eat out together, but that's besides the point.

Anyway...

-a few bites of a "salad" trio (seafood salad, fruit salad, potato salad)
-mini-ish bran muffin
-water



We couldn't decide where to eat lunch, so he told me we'd try this salad place he thought I'd like. Um, to me salad means VEGETABLES. This place was more of the chicken salad, seafood salad, potato salad, pasta salad variety. AKA salad= mayo. Ughh. I gave him shit for it the whole time, lol I'm so nice. I ate just enough to not be hungry, let him take the leftover seafood to-go, took my fruit to-go, and left the potatoes. Kind of a waste. Shoulda stuck with my original lunch (fruit + veggie & hummus sandwich). Though, oddly, I've kind of been craving more of the seafood salad ever since, even though I didn't particularly like it. Weird.

I still had Starbucks to look forward to at least.

-grande iced americano with a splash of soy and a bunch of cinnamon

Don't get me wrong, I like my coffee black and strong usually, but this was STRONG. It still got the job done.

It must have been strong but shy, no idea how it skipped the camera's eye??? (hey, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it, har har).

I've been SO unmotivated this week, it's been really hard to get the desire to get things done at work.

Case in point:

Office Bathroom Mirror self-portraits (that pretty much all look the same):

deformed face
looking away

grrrrr

Yep, that's how I wasted some time today. Pics & Facebook. That's how I roll, yo.

-organic strawberries & blueberries
-pellegrino aranciata




I figured the aranciata was a twist off cap. FAIL. Just picture me in the back room fighting with the bottle with a pair of pliers. True story. While that didn't officially work, I was soon able to twist it off, so hey. Don't knock it. (Though the credit for the idea goes to mi padre).

Had a super long day. Didn't get home 'til after 7:30 and went promptly into the kitchen to cook dinner (still in my 4-5ish inch heels, mind you) like a good woman should. Kidding. But I did do it.

-side salad (organic spinach, organic tomatoes, light ranch, black pepper, kamut puffs, goat cheese crumbles)
-orange roughy with greek seasoning & lemon juice
-sauteed spinach
-garlic brown rice
-about 1/3 to 1/2 of a glass of rieseling (a little too sweet for me)





Nom.

I realize the kamut puff is a weird salad topper, but....while I like a little crunch, I'm not much a crouton fan. This worked fairly well. I'd do it again.

First day I didn't get a chance to workout in 5 days. And I probably won't tomorrow either. Hate that!

-mint chocolate chip coconut milk ice cream with a warmed chocolate vitatop crumbled in
-water

Normally I'd only use half a vitatop, but I was still hungry after dinner and decided a whole one was riiiight up my alley.

Silly me forgot to take my vitamins w/ dinner, so I had a plumot & water (basically a pluot...) to digest 'em with.


Body Bugg Stats:

Calories Burned:
2,208
Steps Taken: 6,708

Not the greatest start like I planned, but better!

Buster Brown Outfit of the Day:



LOL

Shoes of the Day:



Weird how they look too big there, hmmm.


xo,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. UMMMMM I am paying you the BIG BUCKS
    GET BUSY WOMAN!
    Love your BOSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you have a baby you're supposed to be watching? Maybe YOU should get busy ;). Miss Athlete.

    -YOUR boss :) mwhaha

    ReplyDelete