Friday, December 3, 2010

Back from the Hospital

If it's not one thing it's another, huh?

I've been at the hospital with my Mom all week. Monday she had a coughing fit that wouldn't really stop, so that morning we took her in and she wasn't discharged until late this afternoon. She's OK now, her lung infection was just back in full force and she wanted extra care to ensure a better recovery. Althouuugh, the care my family has received in hospitals this year has been abysmal, but it still made her feel safer. Just in case.

I haven't been keeping track for the blog consistently. But I wanted to update what I had already written prior to the hospital time.

November 26

-hazelnut latte oatmeal



OK, but I wouldn't buy it again. The flavor was pretty good, but I didn't like the hazelnut chunks.

-Thanksgiving leftovers



Worked half a day. Then, my adopted sister & her husband were on their way back home from out of town & stopped by the office for a couple hours. Luckily my Dad ended up having a cancellation, so we all got to visit for awhile.

I was still huuungry when they all ordered lunch, but I'd already eaten those leftovers just 2 or so hours before, so I just had...

-small chocolate frozen yogurt

hard to believe that's a small!

After everyone left my Mom & I went to buy some decorations for the house + new ornaments.

-the last slice of leftover pizza
-glass o' wine
-yep, you guessed it: even more leftovers




My Dad and I watched tv on the couch, he lit the fire (finally, damn, I'd been asking for 2 days!), & my brother set up the tree. I fell asleep on the couch for a lil bit and then busted out a hanger & took it apart for...

-3 toasted marshmallows



Nom nom.



==============

November 27

-the BEST carrot cake oatmeal (oats, chopped carrot, raisins, lots of cinnamon, vanilla extract, a packet of stevia in the raw, a couple splashes of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, & a dollop of pumpkin cream cheese)
-coffee with lowfat organic eggnog

Perfection.

Unfortunately, I lost the photos when I....

GOT A NEW IPHONE. Yep, again. I took my 4 day old (well, 6 day by then) smashed phone into the Apple store at their first availablity (2 days later, *grumble grumble*), nervous as helllllll. I'd been reading online the iPhone 4's smashing is really common. Not cool, Apple. It seems REALLY random who's they replace for free & who's they charge $200+ for. CA-RAZY for a 4 day old phone!! (or just in general really, but I digress). Luckily, I was one of the, well, lucky ones. I figured at BEST they'd offer to replace the glass for free (and my fingers were REALLY crossed for even that), but the guy said he was "feeling festive," and just replaced the entire phone. SCORE. I left a very happy girl.

I'm not sure if it truly is random (which doesn't seem fair, but hey, as long as it worked out in my favor....) or if they have some system to decide who pays and who doesn't. *shrug* I know he pulled up my account info when I came in, so I was wondering if maybe he knew I was a good customer (read: spend lots of moneyz $ there) and wanted to keep me happy or if he felt bad that not only was the phone brand new, but also not my fault, or WHAT. But heyyyy! It's free for meeee. Hellz yeah.

When I hooked it back up to my computer I thought I lost the last 5 days worth of info (including most of my Thanksgiving pics), but after messing with it for awhile I got it all back (except the oatmeal pics, oddly). PHEW!

I went into Macy's after the Apple store to pick up some Smell of Christmas potpourri and I swear I picked the WORST register EVAR. Slooow family. TTTTtoday junior. Sheesh!

-a little over half of a grande joy hot tea

I never realllly like this tea, but I always have to get a few every year before I learn. I mean it's OK...whatev.

-moo goo gai pan with just a tinnny bit of rice (I requested double veggies, no rice, but I had a weird feeling they'd screw it up & sure enough....)



I ate half, but was still starving, so I finished it an hourish later.



While I was relaxin' w/ the new phone a friend asked for a pic w/ it. I doubt this is what he had in mind, LOL






Although, that is typical Amanda photo-age, so...

Thennnn, later on my Dad wanted to go to dinner. He just wanted a quick thing, aka basically nothing I wanted (like burgers, etc), but I didn't even really want to go out anyway, so I agreed. Against my better judgment. We figured it would be a 30 min or so roundtrip thang, but we had to go to on some errands after and it ended up taking foreverrrr. So much for a quick trip, eh?

-cheeseburger
-shared onion rings
-root beer

oops forgot to take a pic 'til after bite 1. Obvi.




Hey, go big or go home, yeah? Ha. :-x

So much for the no meat thing. Ugh. Kind of annoyed at myself for that, but c'est la vie.

Then, we went to pick up a few grocery things and whatever... and...

-shared a snack size oreo mcflurry w/ mi papa



Yep. Go big alright.

:-x :-x.

Body Bugg Stats:

Calories Burned:
2,125
Steps Taken: 8,088

Nite Nite



xo,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Glad your mom is better, sorry to hear she was sick : (

    Yes the new kind bar flavors sound awesome! I need to find them !

    ReplyDelete