Saturday, March 28, 2009

Food and Exercise 1

What I ate/drank today:


-medium iced skim latte with blueberry flavoring from dunkin d's--about 100 calories

-1/3 box (entire box is 2.5 servings) Annies organic mac n cheese w/ a little added 2% cheese (because I accidentally thinned out the original with too much milk)--about 300 calories

-half a scoop of whey protein powder w/ half a teaspoon creatin powder and 4 oz organic skim milk--about 100 calories

-leftover chicken with sour cream sauce, mushrooms, and peppers, and a side of black bean dip (about 1/2 a serving total of everything?)--no idea, but I'd guess ballpark of 400 calories

-2 sugar free chocolates (i know, i know...) --50 cals each/100 calories total

-fake/soy "chicken" patty on 2 tiny pieces of womens health bread (yeast-free), 1 slice cheese, pizza sauce--about 400 calories

-half a serving of Recharge sports drink--about 25 calories

-1 mug green tea with pomegranate flavoring--0 calories

-lots of water (didn't keep track the amount)--0 calories


total: 1425


Not a v. good day nutritionally, but could be worse & the calories are pretty good. 


I decided today that I think when I go to restaurants I'm going to try to eat more vegetarian meals or seafood. I really don't trust nonorganic meat/meat with antibiotics, hormones, not grain-fed, etc. Although I eat that at home and that's fine, I go out to eat A LOT, so this may help me not only eat healthier calorie-wise, but also with the kinds of things I put through my body. We'll see *shrug*. I've already been mostly adding soy (instead of skim) milk to my lattes (except at Dunkin Donuts, b/c I doubt they even have it?) since I realllly don't want to drink nonorganic milk. Every little bit helps. Also, I'm usually torn between Americanos or lattes, and I found the perfect blend... & it's healthier and cheaper, too! I just ask for an Americano and have them add a little soy to that. I feel so dumb that I didn't think of that before. DUH! I usually drink Americanos black, but this works great too. Yummm. 


As far as exercise goes, today I alternated between walking and running for 35 minutes and then I took my dogs on a walk for an additional 15 or so. I wanted to do a yoga DVD before bed, but I think I'm too sleepy. There's always tomorrow...


I think once I get serious about a plan I put my ALL into it when my body isn't quite ready, so I'm trying verrrry hard not to overexert myself. I'm already pretty sore as is from yesterday and today. Also, you know Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? Well, obviously given the name you're expected to do it for 30 Days in a row, but I've been thinking.....I've always learned that you shouldn't train the same muscle groups every day, because they need time to repair and recover. My abs are still sore from yesterday even. I think I'm gonna try and do it every other day and see how that goes. I guess it's safe to do every day, it just seems to go against everything I've learned in the past. *shrug*


Anyway, goodnite for now. 


XO,

Amanda


p.s. reminder to self: tomorrow talk about the AWESOME soup I made

No comments:

Post a Comment