Monday, March 30, 2009

Food and Exercise 4

-fruit and cheese (and 3 water cracker) plate from starbucks (about 350 cals...the whole thing was 380, but I gave my Mom some)

-tall soy latte (130 cals)

-water (over 100 oz) (0 cals)

-medium iced tea (0 cals)

-same "chicken" sandwich as I always mention (400 cals)

-4 oz plain greek yogurt (60 cals) with 4 strawberries (10ish calories) and cinnamon (0 calories)

-salad with various greens and veggies with 1 tbsp olive oil & lime/lemon juice (about 175 cals?)

-whole wheat penne (200 cals) with ground turkey breast (100ish cals) and organic marinara (50 cals)

-cinnamon sugar free rice pudding (with xylitol tho, which I'm mostly ok with-more on that later) and I added extra cinnamon and nutmeg (70 cals)

-yogi chai redbush tea (0 cals)


total: 1545


I think I've decided I want to stay around 1400 calories/day for now, so I went a little over but not tooo bad. Stupid fruit and cheese plate! Nah, actually even tho I don't really like cheese, it was fairly filling and better than stopping for fast food or something (I didn't have time to eat before class and was running errands all afternoon). Plus, I was only about half a mile (if that) away from my favorite bubble tea place that I almost never go to and was SO TEMPTED, but resisted. REALLY proud of myself for that one. I typically only order unsweetened iced green tea with pearls anyway, but I learned the pearls are approx 7-15 calories each. Omg! I knew they were a lot, but that's crazy. I don't even want to know how many calories the two I had in Nashville were, since they were more milk-shakey and sugary. Yikes. 


My calves are still slightly sore (especially the bottom right one), but not bad enough to prevent exercise. Still, I didn't want to end up out of commission for 3 more days, so all I did was the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred again. This time even tho I hadn't gone for a run first it was WAY harder. The first time I didn't think it was that bad, but this time I couldn't even finish some sets. I kept hearing her voice tell me that when I stopped is when the real work would have been done to my muscles and growth lol, but hey at the beginning of the video she also said she doesn't want injuries--so there! :-P I'm trying! 


So basically right now I want to:


-avoid yeast (except a small amt. of beer & wine on occasion b/c I love it) 

-eat less meat

-eat about 1400 calories a day

-avoid sugar

-avoid artificial sweeteners 

-eat more fruits & veggies overall (mmm)

-exercise consistently (at least 20 min day, preferably 45+ min, at least 5 days/week, preferably 6)

-make sure I'm getting adequate fiber

-eliminate as many additives/chemicals as possible

-always go for whole wheat/grains over white when possible



& I'm sure the list will continue to grow :). I'm also curious about my typical ratio of carbs/protein/fats, but I can worry about that later. 


Tomorrow I'm going to the Britney Spears concert (yay) and I'll be in class all day, which is tough. It's hard to figure out food to keep me full, on plan/nutritionally balanced, that's also easy to eat in class (no silverware, no mess, doesn't need to be heated, etc). Not to mention that I'll probably have to grab dinner at the venue, so all of my meals will be on the go. Gonna be trying, but hopefully I'll pull through! 


XO,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment