Friday, March 27, 2009

New Beginnings

I've decided to start this blog to have a separate place to talk about what I eat & what I do for exercise. I've really been neglecting my (former) healthy lifestyle lately and I want to actually GET on track, not just talk and think about getting on track. I'm now on Day 2 of working out again and although I am sore, I feel GREAT already. How ironic is it that the more out of breath you make yourself when exerting energy, the better you breathe overall? I have asthma (fairly mild, I don't get attacks or anything really, I just feel short of breath sometimes when I shouldn't). I've always been fairly obsessive about working out and knowing anything and everything about health food (and junk for that matter), but it's time to get back in the habit of practicing what I preach! I don't believe in dieting, but I am attempting to loosely follow the Anti-Candida eating plan for health reasons (which I'll get into another time). Overall, though, I identify with the "everything in moderation" lifestyle (well, for the most part) and just being your best self. I am also trying to eat predominantly whole foods (i.e. very little processing, no dyes, chemicals, artificial sweeteners, etc.), but I know this is not always realistic in the world (and country...) I live in today. But again, I'm doing my best and that's all I can really ask for of myself! 

In a little bit I'll post some "before" pics & at the end of the day I'll list everything I ate and all the exercise I did.

Talk to you soon!

XO,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment