Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 3 & 4

Remember how I said I only wanted to eat out on weekends and even then only for dinner if I could help it?

FAIL.

:-P

Since I'm soo behind (story of my life lol) I'm gonna break this up into a few posts. Here's part one...

September 3

Of course I didn't get tired again early. Not only that, but around 1 am I got hungry and went downstairs for fruit only to discover my brother didn't eat his slice of ezekiel garlic bread and, well, I couldn't let it go to waste! So I had that + a small plum. Must. Stop.

1:00pm
-smart one's egg mcmuffin
-small plum
-water



4:15pm
-salad (spinach, baby carrots, peppers, herb grilled chicken, small bit of cottage cheese, light ranch)
-medium iced tea
-water
-one coffee hard candy





6:30pm
-iced tea (free, while waiting for takeout to cook)

7:00pm
-honey roasted peanuts (random craving I had last nite and had to buy at the store today)



7:15pm
-1/2 portion of greek combo meal (sampler platter with moussaka, one dolma, souvalaki, 2 pieces of shrimp scampi, spanikopita, lemon potatoes, and green beans, my fave thing there...it would be too hard to decide between the moussaka and spanikopita!)
-a few bites of greek salad (kinda soggy, not their best)
-lime sparkling water





8:00pm
-baklava parfait (basically baklava broken up into some vanilla ice cream. I figured it would be with greek yogurt, not ice cream, but still so good)



11:15pm
-the other 1/2 of the greek combo
-a small bowl of strawberries
-grapefruit sparkling water





I was just gonna have fruit, but I realized I wouldn't have much opportunity to eat the leftovers, so I caved :-P

September 4

1:30pm
-tuna salad (made with a can of tuna, one laughing cow light garlic and herb wedge, a dollop of plain greek yogurt, and half a chopped apple) served with a brown rice tortilla
-the other half of the apple
-grapefruit sparkling water

2:30pm-ish
-a little less than half of an orange
-water



4:45pm-ish
-half of a peanut butter cookie larabar


Now, originally for dinner we were thinking we were eating a nice buffet at the theatre (My Mom & I went to see Menopause the Musical lol it was really funny. We had 2nd row center seats too, woo). Well, we had reservations we made that morning and everything, but when we got there they weren't doing a buffet that nite. WTF?? No idea who took our reservations then! So, we walked across the street to the Renaissance hotel and had a nice dinner there. It was (mostly) great, but not what we'd been looking forward to, ya know? We thought it was gonna be REALLY expensive too, but it ended up not being too bad.

6:30pm
-vodka soda
-water
-asiago cheese bread stick (normally I wouldn't have had bread, but I was starving and it was surprisingly gooood)
-salad shared w/ my Mom as an appetizer w/ spring mix, artichoke hearts, and chicken with balsamic vinaigrette (SO SO GOOD)
-half of a crab cake (it was weird, too much going on...I gave the rest to my Dad when I got home. crab cakes should be simple. Lots of crab and little else! I was originally gonna get pasta, but thought it'd be too much w/ the salad too, but I coulda just taken it home...or gotten the calamari. Oh well).
-a few bites of a dessert (almond spongecake with a chocolate mousse center and topped with ganache) (amazing, thankfully. Dessert is what we'd most been looking forward to lol. Kinda funny too b/c I don't know if I've even ever had almond cake before, but before we got there I was like ooh I hope they have some kind of almond and chocolate cake..prophet! LOL)






that's a lil fleck of gold on top. fancy :-P

On a not so happy note, on our way home, around 9:30pm we heard a shattering noise on the road near our car. We didn't think it was in our car though, but lo and behold the next morning we saw a tiny hole in our car and the lil 6-ish inch hatchback window (we have a Prius) in the back on the passenger side was shattered (it's still held together, but looks all cracked). We have NO idea what happened. My Dad said it would be REALLY unusual for a rock to have hit it. His guess is a bebe gun. WTF? It could have even been a real gun, but idk it seems too small. I'm still pretty anxious about just the thought though. WHO DOES THAT? We have Obama stickers on the back windshield and this is Texas, so there are some really passionate right wing nutjobs (sorry, but it's true...) who I wouldn't put it past to do that in this area, but idk...it was dark, I don't know if they'd have even been able to see it. It could have just been some rambunctious kids. We really have no idea. :-\

10:00pm
-a few more bites of the dessert
-2 pieces of low-cal bruschetta on ezekiel bread



12:40am
-a few cut up strawberries
-cut up nectarine
-lime sparkling water



I was starving all day, even after eating, including the time I wrote this out at 3:30am, grr. I don't need to have that happen again!

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment