Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August 31-Sept 2

August 31

2:30pm
-one leftover egg
-the rest of the breakfast potatoes from yesterday
-the rest of the smoked ham
-3 strawberries (my dog's shared the 4th you see pictured)
-small handful of blueberries
-1/2 honey bran muffin
-water



I also had one bite of my Mom's Panda Express orange chicken that was in the fridge.

Yep, another stomachache followed by more digestive enzymes. :(. Not as bad as yesterday, but still. What's up with that?

IDK what time I ate the rest of the day. I didn't eat another thing until 8pm and then just grazed. I got really hungry while I was grocery shopping around 7, but by the time I got home my stomach hurt again. I ate a few bites of Ben & Jerry's (the new Marzipan flavor) to see how it reacted. Vanilla-y ice creams sometimes help settle my stomach, so I thought it was safe-ish. It seemed OK, but I was still aprehensive. That ice cream is damn good, though. NOM.

My cousin (who had the baby) invited us over tomorrow nite to keep her company while her boyfriend is at work. I offered to make her some food. I think we're gonna bring Luby's over for dinner (I know, I know, restaurant food), but I made her a salad, a fruit salad, lemon and butter pasta (her request), and lemon chicken with artichoke hearts and capers to have around, so she doesn't have to worry about cooking when we're not there. I hope she likes it. I can't decide if the pasta tasted OK to me or not when I sampled it.

For my Mom & brother (and Dad, but as you'll see he wanted something else) I made egg noodles with a mushroom soup mixture (not condensed) and baked pork chops. I ate a few bites of those noodles while they cooked too. My Mom also wanted edamame and I wasn't in the mood, so while I made those for her, I sauteed some spinach in a little olive oil and lemon juice for myself. I picked at that while I cooked everything else. I love me some spinach (if you can't tell. LOL I put it on just about everything).



My Dad came home late & said he had a heavy lunch and just felt like soup. I offered to make him some bruschetta, so he said he'd have that too. I had just bought that broccoli V8 soup that I heard was great, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it, so he said he'd like to try it. I caved and decided to try it too, so I made it for us both. I'm glad I finally tried it, it's great! And only 80 calories. Now I'll have to try the red pepper one I bought a few months ago lol. So pretty much I had a small bowl of soup, some random noodle bites (prob equivalent to half a serving, it wasn't just one or two), and spinach. When I FINALLY finished cooking (took me 2.5 hours, geeez) I made a bowl of fruit for my Mom & I (watermelon, like 2 strawberries, a small handful of grapes).




Even though I had a little bit of ice cream already I was still craving dessert. I was going to finish my last red velvet cupcake only to find my Dad already did. He claims their was only a sliver left. Um, try 3/4 of it. He shouldn't be eating sugar anyway...ugh. Plus, even if it was just a sliver, I think it's so rude when someone eats the last bite of something that isn't theirs, you know? Even if it is just one bite, maybe the person who bought it was saving that last bite. Duh. Ugh! I had a skinny cow chocolate ice cream cone instead. I suck, I couldn't decide between buying chocolate or vanilla and chocolate won. Naturally, I was craving vanilla once I got home.Actually, more like once I got in the parking lot after buying chocolate. Oh well, it was still good. The best part is that chocolatey part at the very end of the cone anyway. It's like a nice little surprise, even though you know it's coming LOL.



Otherwise I've just been drinking water.

I was gonna work today, but couldn't fall asleep 'til 5 this morning 'cause of my stomach and such, so I just took it easy today (well, easy until I had to spend like 3 hrs in the kitchen!). Hopefully my stomach will be ok tomorrow. I made myself a sandwich to take to the office tomorrow, but I couldn't find the cheese I bought yesterday. I looked everywhere. So weird when that happens. I was also bitching about how I need to throw away so much of our tupperware b/c we don't have the lids to match most of them, so we just need to start fresh. And then I went and somehow lost the lid to one of the new ones. I seriously have no idea how. It was right in front of me prior to that! Strange...

Ugh and around 3:00 am or so I couldn't stop thinking about the rest of that damn Panda Express, so...



September 1

1:00pm-ish
-organic mini grape-apple (I think?) juice box

1:30pm-ish
-faux chicken on ezekiel bread with spinach, tomato, and tomato sauce
-a small container of blueberries
-a small container of grapes
-iced tea
-2 coffee hard candies (espresso & latte flavors)






5:00pm-ish
-another mini juice box

5:30pm-ish
-tall soy pumpkin spice latte
-sample of pumpkin spice frappuccino (the barista asked if I'd ever tried one and I said no and insisted she make one for me to sample. A litttle too sweet, but omg delicious. Must try again.)




6:30-7:00pm-ish
Instead of Luby's like we'd planned (which is pretty healthy cafeteria-style food for those who don't know), my cousin wanted Mexican, so we got Mi Cocina.
-mole chicken
-a few bites of refried beans
-spanish rice
-a bite of my Mom's sour cream chicken enchilada



Another pic I took of Miss Kendyll



9:30pm-ish
-ben & jerry's marzipan ice cream (mmmm marzipan..)



don't remember exactly...maybe 10:00pm-ish?
-nectarine



I really wanted watermelon, but the kind we bought yesterday (and that tasted fine then) was kinda mealy today. Hate that! The nectarine was still really good tho.

like 15 min after the nectarine:
-2 vegan cookies (I tried to only eat half of each, but a few min later went back for the rest, oops)



Sept 2

I think I went to bed last nite around 4:30...got up at noon today and felt SO TIRED and kinda acid reflux-y. Lame.

Got to the office around 1. I got a lil free sample pack of Somersault sunflower seed crackers in the mail, so I ate those. Pretty good. I realized my stomach didn't hurt anymore, but I still wasn't sure I should eat anything substantial, so I just drank a few glasses of water.



Left the office around 3:30 (the perks of working for the fam....) and ate the small, simple spinach & strawberry salad I packed (w/ olive oil, lemon juice, and agave nectar dressing drizzled on top).



Then, my brother wanted a shaved ice, so we got to the area and realized none of us had cash. My Mom & I ran inside the nearby Mexican/Hispanic grocery store, Fiesta to go to the atm. I'd never been there before, but it seemed kinda cool. We got a SHITTON of tupperware for only $1 each. Some of the smaller ones had even smaller ones inside too. 3 containers for $1? I'll take it! And we did :-P.

So, we got the shaved ice's (my Mom & and, as usual, just got plain ice-no syrup) and I decided to get an order of elote. Based on the picture I assumed it was just corn on the cob, but they handed me this corn in a cup with mayo, hot sauce (they made sure I wanted hot sauce too. My Mom thought I was dumb for getting it since my stomach has been a bitch lately, but oh well hot sauce is good!), and topped with some crumbly cheese. WEIRD. Mayo and corn..really? I hate mayo usually, so I was grossed out, but I'll try pretty much anything, so I did. Not bad. I don't think I'd get it again (tho never say never), but I kinda liked it. The cheese on top was awesome. I googled "elote", and I guess it is usually served on the cob, but they just shelled it to make it less messy. Whatevs. I got the smallest one they had and still only ate about 3/4 of it.




Since we were sorta in the area I decided we should stop at the new-ish farmers market we'd never been to. It took us awhile to find exactly where the stands were, but I'm glad we went. It's much smaller than I expected, but still worth going to. Aside from a few things, like avocados, they make you buy an entire (small) bucket worth of fruit. You can't just pick one or two apples or whatever. Each bucket has like 6-10 pieces I'd say, depending. Almost all of it was organic too. Woohoo. They had 2 separate stands run by different people, but they pretty much sold the exact same stuff. I felt bad tho and had to buy a little from each lol. In total we got one avocado, a bucket of oranges, a bucket of plums, a bucket of nectarines, a bucket of apples, and a basket of strawberries for $20, I think. Not bad! I keep making everyone smell all of the fruit lol. You know how a lot of supermarket fruit, even from the health markets, don't smell like much of anything? Probably because they've been sitting out awhile? Well these smell so strong and fresh and vibrant mmmm. Especially the strawberries. I told my cousin we'd bring her over some fruit soon since we got so much, and I told her all the diff kinds, but I didn't even mention the strawberries....MINE. :-P. OK OK, and my Mom's too. I'll share with her.

Thennn, my Mom & brother decided they wanted hell on earth aka Chicken Express. Where every single thing is fried. Gross. I looked at their nutritional stats once online and just one chicken finger is 200 calories and they sometimes give more than 6 I think? Maybe even 10? zomg. Just..no. And they come w/ fried sides too. WHY? Of course, I'm saying all this, and I'd never ever order anything from there on my own, but....I did eat one super small chicken finger, a few fries, a few fried okras, and one roll of theirs. And to add to the shitstorm I dipped all of it in gravy. I suck. The only thing that was even sort of worth it was the roll. Yeast rolls ftw. I don't think I would have eaten any ofthat had I brought more than just a lil salad for lunch, but the only other thing I packed last nite was some more of those mushroom noodles & pork I made the other day and when I woke up that didn't sound good, so it stayed at home.



A bit later I tried a nectarine. Pretty good! Of course then the cookie monster took over and I had a vegan cookie.




I got dead tired around 6, but I was trying to make it 'til 10 at least to sleep, so I'd (maybe) sleep through the nite, but I couldn't make it. Around 7, maybe 7:30 I passed out for a few minutes while watching tv. I think I only slept maybe 20 min tho? I finally got out of bed around 8 & made dinner at 8:30.While it cooked I ate 2 bite sized, gluten-free, vegan brownie cookies. I wasn't very hungry, but ate din-din around 9 anyway. Kinda dumb, but I didn't feel sick or too full after, so it's OK. I made spaghetti with lean meat sauce and a half slice of toasted ezekiel bread with a garlic butter spread.



At 10:30ish I ate a few strawberries. For some reason the roof of my mouth feels all raw and it HURTS to eat a lot of things (the mole chicken last nite, for example) and the strawberries were no exception, but I didn't care. They are sooo good. I should buy a few baskets of these next time. It sucks we just found this place & now Summer fruits are almost out of season! That always happens, huh?



Just drinking a grapefruit sparkling water now & watching a lil Food Network (soon to be Big Brother After Dark, natch). Hope I can still doze off early tonite. Zzz. 'Nite.



xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment