Monday, August 31, 2009

My Friends Say I Should Act My Age...What's My Age Again? What's My Age Again?

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you two kinda funny, random stories about my age/looks. I know I look young, but c'mon.

So today I was at Sam's Club with my Dad. You know how they have samples set up on Sunday's, so you can try random products they try to push? Well, they always seem to have yogurt and today was no different. I went to grab one and as I turned to walk away the lady was like "WAITTTT, are you 15?" I was like wtf? I know their signs say children must ask their parents if they can take a sample, but where did 15 come from? It was really weird. My Dad was behind me when I first went to get the sample, but he didn't want any, so he went down a nearby aisle and she saw that, but...it was just...weird lol. I was like "Um, I'm 24..." and she's like "oh ok, well man you are LUCKY then." I'm just like uh huh....and walked away lol. I'm surprised she didn't try to ID me. Only I would get (verbally) IDed for one spoonful of yogurt! LOL

And on Saturday nite at the pizza place we had to wait like 15 min for a table, so my Mom and I got drinks at the bar to pass some time. My Mom ordered first, then she ordered for me (because she was closest to the bar and it was really packed/loud). I was paying for us both, so I gave the bartender my credit card & at the last second, after looking like he was kinda second guessing my age all of a sudden, asked for my ID too (and pretended to threaten my Mom to see hers. So lame lol-no offense to my Mom!). I know they still have to ask if they aren't sure, but it was kinda weird how he did it.

ANYWAY, that's not the really strange part. So a few minutes later we get seated, order, etc. The waitress asks if my Mom & I want refills when she takes everyone's drink orders and we say later when our food comes, just bring us water for now. Well, when we order the food I ask for a glass of prosecco instead (I was drinking red sangria before, and it was obvious that's what it was) and she IDed me. As I'm holding an alcoholic beverage AND she'd already offered to get me another one of those. As my friend Mer said on my facebook, I guess I got younger between the time I ordered drink one and drink two lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment