Monday, August 24, 2009

August 23

August 23

My Dad and I were going to go eat at Mimi's Cafe since we loooove their breakfast now, but I got up a lil too late (he asked me at 11:30 and I hadn't even showered or anything and technically breakfast is over there @ 12:00, tho sometimes they'll serve a lil later). I couldn't fall asleep 'til after 5 again ugh, so I stayed in bed 'til noon and finally got up. Then, we were gonna go to Original Pancake House, but at the last sec I decided I wanted my Dad to try out Dream Cafe, the place my Mom & I went to last weekend when he was out of town. It's a lil far from our house, but not too bad. I told myself I wasn't allowed to eat eggs since I didn't wanna risk another stomachache, so I took it as an opportunity to try the cloud cakes.

around 1:30
-one big ricotta pancake with a lil creme fraiche, strawberries, and a touch of vermont maple syrup (OK, but kinda bland, I expected better)
-1 piece veggie sausage (again, soo good)
-coffee

they look pretty



I wanna give them one more chance, but I think the idea of the place is better than the execution. It's still fine...I love the sides actually (I also took one bite of my Dad's side of cheese grits. I don't even really like grits, but these were phenom!), but the entrees are just average. Boo.

around 5:30 I wanna say?
-same meal as above (leftovers), except no coffee
-lime seltzer

not so pretty anymore lol


around 7:00
-salt & vinegar pirate's booty

around 8:00-8:30?
-lean turkey sloppy joe
-alphabet tator tots

lol I had fun w/ the alphabet shapes. My dog's name is Bella Dahl and since she's theloveofmylife I decided I'd eat her name :)
so of course Bella (and Buster) had to come check it out. :-P

spread out
-2 more lime seltzers

I forgot that I had also chilled a beer for myself. Grr oh well.

Today was a long day kinda. After breakfast we went to Sam's Club & Walmart (I tried on practically all of the new Miley Cyrus line, but they fit weird or didn't have the right color/size in stock, boo they were cute & really cheap too...). We also had to pick up my Dad's car @ the mechanic & go get dog food (we may change brands AGAIN, they used to looove Natural Balance, but now not so much..hmm).

At home I noticed my Mom was gonna give away a ton of bags of stuff....ummmm I looked at them and noticed half were full of my stuff? NU UH!! Mostly sheets I love and stuff like that. I rescued them all lol, plus found two faux feather beds. I put one on my bed (w/ my cuddle ewe still on top, I just wanted it thicker & fluffier..idk if i got a bum cuddle ewe or what, it's soft and nice and everything, but it's SO THIN...it says it's supposed to be 3 inches initially and mold down to about 1, but I think mine started at 1? With the extra padding it feels cozier tho so far) and I think I'll put the other on my brother's bed tomorrow. She almost gave away a blanket she loves and 2 pillowcases too, just b/c she didn't wanna go through them.

My body hurts a little from bending down a lot to go through the bags and when I was helping my Dad w/ my dog, but it seems to be getting better pain-wise. We'll see.

Can you guys believe it's already almost the end of August?! Wow.

xo,
Amanda

P.S. here's the asian burger and tots my Mom requested I make for her. I spelled out her name :). I had to go through the entire bag to find enough N's lol and the last one is kinda squished, but it works. The ketchup was supposed to look like a heart, but is a semi-fail



Oh yeah and I weighed myself again this morning just out of curiosity since yesterday was the first day in awhile that I actually ate normally/enough cals and I was up exactly a lb. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment