Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 6-8

I hate when I get behind and have to post more than 2 days. It gets soo long.

But alas...

August 6


-scrambled egg sandwich (1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 slice of cheese, tiny bit of mayo, hot sauce on an oroweat thin)

-2 pluots



I'm stupid. Scrambled eggs always make me feel like shit for some reason and today was no exception. I don't think I've had them in years. I knew it was a bad idea, but haddd to try. IDK what the deal is? I'm very very very very mildly allergic to egg WHITES (like so mild it almost doesn't show up at all. .002 of a percentage, I think), yet I do mostly fine w/ the whites and mostly fine w/ the entire egg when it's fried or w/e, completely fine if it's used in cooking/baking, but scrambled? Not so fine. What gives?


-chinese takeout (like 4-6 steamed dumplings, spicy chicken and shrimp, fried rice)

-bowl of ben and jerrys (I'd guess entire serving was less than 1/2 cup, but idk. the most caloric ice cream I've had in...man...forever. 280 cals/half a cup. ridiculous, but I wanted to try the flavors--that steven colbert one...something about a cone...americone maybe? & the elton john one..yellow brickle road or something? le sigh)


I wanted a celebratory meal for Big Brother. Yes, I'm a loser, but I just KNEW Jeff was getting the "wizard power" & that Ronnie would be evicted. :)


-nectarine, about 5 raspberries, somewhere around 10 cherries

-breathing tea with honey

-fortune cookie



August 7



Sorry, no pics. :(


-great outdoors veggie sub on wheat with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, sprouts, avocado, sunflower seeds, cream cheese, munster cheese (gross. way too much cheese even after I took some off and just overall did not taste good. im trying to eat more veggie subs, but i think i'll stick to turkey @ this place)

-iced tea


-orange cranberry gnu fiber bar (it was ok, and tho I love me some oranges, I really find I don't like orange-flavored products very much)


-one fish taco from long john silver's (my dumb ass thought this would be grilled for some reason. wrong....it too was ok, but not my thing)

-medium plain shaved ice (just the ice, I don't like the syrups)


-spicy black bean burger (only ate the bottom of the bun)

-about 1/2 side of sweet potatoe fries

-a few chips with salsa (5 maybe?)

-glass of champagne


I had the 3 above items at the movie grill. the proposal was really cute! & the champagne helped loosen up some of my tight muscles a lil bit (tho I did also get my 20 min massage that day as well..)


-oroweat pizza thin (probably only needed half)


after movie I was hungry again at home, even tho at the movie I was STUFFED. funny how that works.


-ben & jerrys (about 1/2 cup?) (mostly I'm just obsessed w/ the white chocolate chunks, which is weird b/c I'm not a huuuge white choc person usually)


August 8


HORRRRIBLE EATING DAY (not that the past 2 were toooo much better lol)


I'm starting to feel better, but still tired and a litttle weak (tho, oddly hyperactive in a way) and kinda just didn't give a damn (well I felt guilty all day, but kinda felt like "fuck it, this is what I want and if I eat like this every day it's bad, but once in awhile won't kill you" ya know?)


-leftover chinese (fried rice & spicy chicken/shrimp with a few peppers and crispy noodles)

-pom and club soda spritzer



-lil less than 1/2 cup ben & jerrys (again with the white chunks, tho I only found one, boo I think my brother ate the rest)



-small gelato


-mediterranean salad

-Grimaldi's Pizza (omfg sooooooooooo good) (about 4 slices? it's super thin crust, but I mean..still a lot. altho a "personal" size was I thiiink 6 slices? CRAZY)

-1/2 carafe of wine (about 3-4 small glasses)



I can't believe I forgot to take pics of the pizza, wtf! We have leftovers, but it prob wouldn't be the same :-P


I've heard mixed reviews of the pizza place, but I saw it (the original Brooklyn location) on food network today and we've been meaning to try it for awhile anyway and HAD to try it tonite. SO worth the hour wait. O.M.G. Normally I'm just a sauce-lover, I don't care much for cheese or bread, but the crust was unbelievable. The whole thing was just GREAT. Nom.


-small sorbet



I feel stuffed and mildly uncomfortable. Not to mention, I really only wanted (and needed) 2 glasses of wine, but the price of the 1/2 carafe was only $1 more than 2 glasses, so I couldn't resist. Dumbass. I just downed a bunch of vitamins tho lol. I'm not drunk, just tired and slightly woozy, I guess lol. Not really tho. But, I think unless I'm intentionally "partying," 2 really should be my limit, 3 max on a good day. My how tolerances change! And all that ice cream wasn't intentional. I knew we'd be getting the gelato later, but I couldn't stop thinking about the b&j's, so I had a little. The sorbet was a diff story. On the way home from dinner my Mom & bro stopped at a Walgreens. Nearby I noticed ANOTHER Pacuigo location--one I've been curious about for awhile. Out of curiosity I looked up their flavors online (on my phone) and they had a sorbet I've been DYING to try for like..a month. We HAD to stop. Eh. It was strawberry balsamic vinegar. Sounded weird, but good, but honestly just tasted like plain strawberry to me. I wouldn't get it again, but oh well at least now I know.


I really need to do better :(. And freaking work out now that I'm feeling better. I think I still need to do some lower impact stuff for another week or so, just b/c I'm still fighting the illness a litttle, but I don't need to sit on my ass anymore either...


Right now I'm watching Big Brother Afterdark. I've already brushed my teeth and all that, but I think I'll make some breathing tea and try to relaxxxx. We're going to Denny's for breakfast tomorrow to try out their new "heathy" menu items. I'm sure they'll still be a sodium overload, but hopefully it'll be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment