Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 17, 18, & 19

August 17

UGH. Once again, too full.

Woke up at 10 to go to breakfast, but was way too tired, as was my brother. Went back to sleep 'til 1. Yeah, yeah, I was up 'til 4:30 am watching the Big Brother live feeds. Oops. I took a Melatonin last nite and was exhausted already, so idk why I couldn't sleep 'til then! Well, I prob could have around 3, but that's still late.

Around 2:30 I heated up my chinese dumplings and soup. I also added some of the meat out of my Mom's combo fried rice. Ughhhhh full. I really just wanted banana pancakes. I should have made like...two of those and been done with it. No more restaurant food for awhile, I'm thinking. Blaaaaah. I had all six dumplings plus a little over half of the soup. Not to mention a bunch of water too. It's not THAT much, but idk. Still too much considering how bad I feel...I took some digestive enzymes, but I guess they didn't do much for me.




I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes before I had to pick my Dad up at the airport. I only went approx 2.5 mph, which I know is super slow, but since I've been lazy lately I could feel my muscles working a lil bit haha. I went that slow because I was reading a magazine at the same time lol. My treadmill said I burned over 100 calories, but when I plugged the info into the Lose It! iPod/iPhone app it said only 65 calories. LOL that's pathetic. I know the machines are usually wrong, but if 65 is right it makes it seem not even worth it. Ah well, better than sitting around....

My dog Bella doesn't seem to want to eat her dog food, I hope she's OK. She eats when I hand feed it to her a lil first and she still seems interested in "human" food, so I idk it's weird. She isn't acting sick, maybe she's just not that hungry. Usually my Dad feeds her, so maybe she's usually like this and doesn't eat much. Doesn't seem like the girl I know though! lol.

After we picked my Dad up we dropped him off at home and went to Whole Foods, so I could stock up on fruits and veggies. I also got some hulled hemp seeds to put on yogurt and stuff. It's kinda high-cal (well, 90 cals for 2 tbsp, not tooo bad, but every lil bit counts..), so I'll have to be careful. It seems like good stuff tho! Lots of omegas and protein and all that. And I got some more of those unpasteurized juices. They may not be the safest juice in the store, but I can't stay away. They're sooo good. I cant find the vegan cookies I want to try tho! Oh well. On the plus side, I was excited to see the soup I was really into last year: a cold strawberry-peach one. Mmm. If I ever get hungry again tonite I'm having that for dinner. It's so delish from what I remember.

Around 7:30 I ate a small handful of Amy's organic honey bunnie cookies (basically like semi-healthy teddy grahams). OMG these are delicious!! I just wanted to try them, but I'm still really full from the chinese and feel horrible :(. My lungs are killing me, my back hurts, I'm so tired, my head hurts. :( Whine, whine, whine. I'm getting so tired of being in pain.

Oh, I also had a 16oz whole foods acai agave tea (green tea, acai berries, hibiscus, and agave nectar).



At 9:45ish I went downstairs for a snack. I wanted a popsicle or ice cream for comfort I guess? I'm not really a comfort-food kinda girl, but dairy sometimes settles my stomach. I knew the reason I felt bad to begin with was due to poor eating though. I was gonna make some fruit salad, but was still too uncomfortably full for "real" food, despite what my body needed. I went for the popsicle. It's mostly water and grapefruit, so it's not too bad. SO delicious! Why have I been eating crap when healthier options are way better anyway? And even meal-wise, despite not being able to eat anything, I'm having visual cravings of big salads and bowls of fruit. A far cry from the greasy mess I've been eating, but sooo much tastier. Now I just need to always keep that in mind.

Around 10:30 I decided to try and eat something. I wasn't really hungry, but I also didn't feel as sick to my stomach anymore. Not as bad anyway. I read a recipe a friend wrote for protein pancakes (made with oats and cottage cheese) and since I was still craving pancakes I figured I'd give that a try. My cottage cheese tasted a little sour though, so FAIL to that. GRR. I was gonna throw the pancakes away, but my Dad told me to save them for him for breakfast. Yuck. I snacked on random carbs (a couple more honey bunnies, a couple pop chips, etc) and finally a few min before 11 just made a bowl of fruit with one cut up banana and two small pluots.



August 18

I've been feeling up and down today health-wise. Mostly down, but with things looking up. I woke up still exhausted (I slept probably 8-9 hours) and my stomach hurt a little. I initially woke up at 7am (ew) with back pain. I think it was acid reflux, but I barely ate yesterday, so that doesn't really make sense. Then again, my bouts with AR never really do make sense. It could have been asthma or just plain back pain tho. I rubbed my back for a few min and tried to relax myself back to sleep and thankfully it worked pretty quickly. Phew.

Then, our house cleaner came around 11? 11:30? Bella barked her head off for a few minutes, but then quit and went back to bed with me. I was so relieved, sometimes she barks the entire 2-3 hours.

My Mom made sure I woke up around noon to go to the office, however, I stayed in bed reading emails on my phone 'til 12:30. Finally I got up and showered. First we stopped by Central Market to get salads from the salad bar for lunch. I couldn't resist topping mine with 4 little potato bites, a couple artichoke hearts, a scoop of cottage cheese, a litttle bit of tuna, and a drizzle of ranch, but other than that I tried to make myself pick all raw veggies. And for the foundation of the salad I loaded TONS of spinach onto the bottom. I LOVE spinach. We wanted soup too, but none of them sounded good (too spicy or creamy, two things I'd normally be OK with, but not with a stomachache). I decided fruit would be a good substitute, but didn't really feel like paying $5 or w/e for a lil container, so I just grabbed one banana for 26 cents. That's more like it! I also forced myself to get a Kombucha. If you've never had one, it's a probiotic drink (made from fermented tea) that's REALLY good for you, but it tastes a lot like vinegar. They have different flavors, but they only make it slightly more palatable. I first tried this elderberry and lavender one and it was so bad I had to throw more than half of it away. The second I tried was citrus and while it's not good, I can drink it. I also tried an original one from a different brand and it's not good either, but at first sip it was. Again, I can choke it down. I'm trying to aquire a taste for it for the health benefits, but before I wasn't sure it was worth it :-P. It's $3-4 a bottle, so it doesn't come cheap. You can make it yourself at home for like..12 cents a bottle, but it seems like too much trouble to me lol. A lot of the Kombucha reviews I'm seeing online are positive. What is wrong with these people? LOL JK. I'm jealous, I wish I loved the taste! One day....



Anyway...

When I was ready to eat (at 1:45) I noticed my stomach hurting again and didn't want to chance getting acid reflux or a really upset stomach, so I just drank a bunch of water and went straight to work. My Mom offered me a few of her grapes, so I ate those (maybe 5-10?) and was OK, but I could tell if I ate much more I wouldn't feel well. I drank a little Kombucha and more water. My back was KILLING me at this point. At 3:30 I got a massage. Usually I get a 20 minute chair massage every Friday, but for now I'm going to get one every Tuesday AND Friday until my back stops killing me. Usually she focuses on my entire back, neck, shoulders, arms, head, and hands, but this time she mostly focused on the back and did a little with the head and neck. I wish I could be massaged 24 hours a day lol. Even though some of the tender points really hurt, at least you can feel that hurt getting worked on. As soon as she finished it started hurting again :(. It was nice while it lasted...

When I was done, I rested for about 10-15 min and drank more water and Kombucha to help flush the toxins out. I also slowly ate my banana. It was a really good banana too lol. Finally, I got back to work for another hour and 15 min or so.

After we left the office a little after 5, we ran a few errands, one being Whole Foods again, as a.) they double charged our debit card yesterday and we needed to get refunded and b.) we needed a couple more things. While I was shopping, I passed the little refrigerated raw foods section again. I'm so tempted to try the raw macadamia dip (looks like hummus) and the raw chocolate, but they're both pretty pricey and I don't know what they taste like to justify it. I did buy 2 of the raw, "live" granola-type bars made from sprouted and dried seeds and fruits. They're also gluten-free and vegan and all that. I figured I should eat something and that might be easy on my stomach and it was. They're really big and only 230 calories. I also picked up a couple vegan cookies, though they're super high-cal and not the ones I've been looking for. I've had this brand before (Alternative Baking Company) and they're really good, so I figured I'd just eat half at a time for now 'til I can find the others. And I bought some more of those amazing grapefruit popsicles. I ate the "granola" bar in the car. Kinda bland, but not bad. I'd buy it again. It didn't make me ill, so that's a plus.



At home I finally finished the Kombucha, just rested, blah blah. During Big Brother, at 8, I decided to try and eat my salad. When I got to the kitchen I noticed my Dad had made my Kashi pizza for himself (spinach and mushroom) aka my fave frozen pizza EVER. I asked him if I could have the last two (super small) slices and he said sure. I don't know if that was a good idea, but it sure tasted good (even tho it was cold. I couldn't be bothered to reheat). I also finished my salad. Then I got a stomachache. UGH. I don't know if it was from the pizza, salad, or dairy (cottage cheese in the salad). I feel alright now though (at 10pm). A little cloudy/fuzzy-headed, but my back only hurts a little and my stomach/head only hurt a little, so it's an improvement on some other recent days. I just don't know why I'm SO tired and in so much pain Argh. I don't really feel like going to the doctor tho, so I'll just keep bitching while I try and figure it out myself. For now.

August 19

2:30pm
-coconut cream pie larabar (aka the best one)



3:30pm-ish
-about 3/4 of a pretty big plum
-1/2 container of strawberry-peach soup (not as good as I remembered, boo)




The larabar kinda filled me up, so I wasn't very hungry while eating any of that. Plus, the plum wasn't quiiite ripe enough. Hate that!

5:30pm-ish
-medium shaved ice (no syrup, just ice)



7:30pm-ish
1 vegan/gluten-free brownie cookie bite (a little grainy, but pretty good. Only 60 cals. Could add up quickly, especially since they're pretty small, but just one or two is v. reasonable)

7:45pm
-bowl of beef stroganoff with mushrooms (I also added a little spinach to my portion) (ate a lil too much, but didn't feel sick thankfully)
-a few pieces of zucchini with cheese (the picture below is of the entire batch, not just my portion)




While preparing the beef stroganoff I realized we had all of the ingredients except the seasoning. Oops. I improvised and I think it turned out pretty good anyway. A little more liquidy than I generally like, but the flavor was still good, which is what matters. I'd also have preferred to wilt the spinach in while cooking the entire dish, but my Mom doesn't like cooked spinach, so I made do.

11:00pm
-grapefruit popsicle (OK seriously these are amazing. I'll have to take a pic of the box next time I eat them)
-2-3 bites of my Mom's cake slice from whole foods (it's like a sponge cake with berries and whipped cream)
-Annie's bunny graham friends (bunny cookie mix with honey, chocolate chip, and plain chocolate bunnies. The honey are still the best, imo)




I still feel like eating a little, especially more desserts lol, but I've had way too many carbs today already! Plus I don't think it's hunger, just boredom. No mas!

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment