Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 11 & 12

August 11


UGH. BAD BAD BAD.


We have someone come clean our house every Tuesday. She usually comes between 11 and 2 and stays about 2-3 hours. I kept waking up off and on this morning starting around 9am. I stayed up for good somewhere between 11 and 12. That's when I SHOULD have made lunch, but I didn't. The house cleaner came around 1:30 and I kinda barricaded myself in my room to avoid getting in her way (and to keep my dogs from barking in her face lol they're not social/polite except with my family and our friends they know). While I do appreciate being able to have someone help clean, it is such a nusiance on the days when I'm at home. At 3:15 my cousin came to pick my brother and I up for a movie and all I'd eaten was about 2-3 (desperate) handfuls of chocolate Trader Joe's cereal that I keep stashed in my room so no one else can have any LOL. What I really wanted was a turkey sandwich.


At the movies I had a small coke (whyyyy?) and a pecan pie larabar. We saw Orphan. I already knew the secret, so it wasn't as exciting, but still really good. I kinda wanted it to keep going.


Then, my Mom and I took my aunt out for her bday! We wanted to go to this El Salvadorian/Mexican restaurant, Gloria's, but the birthday girl decided she'd rather go to Olive Garden or Outback (she's usually a Mexican food/margarita freak, but had it the nite before and it gave her a stomachache), and she finally settled on Outback. With those options I was hoping she'd pick Outback, but now I kinda wish it had been Olive Garden. I probably wouldn't have screwed up at all, let alone THIS BAD.


So, I started with a side caesar salad and Australian beer (Coopers sparkling ale), then I had crab stuffed shrimp (it was gross), filet (it was okay. I ate about 80% of it--it was sliced more like roast beef though, kinda weird), half of a small baked potato with sour cream, and a glass of pinot noir. All that was already approx. 1,500 calories. If that's not horrible enough, when they found out it was my aunt's bday they sent over a dessert sampler platter with cheesecake, peanut butter pie, and a brownie with vanilla ice cream on top. My aunt ate most of the brownie part, but I probably ate a good half of the other two by myself (we did leave a little of each, but still). Kill me. Add another 1,000 calories there. SHAMEFUL! I'm not sure if I was that bad because I barely ate all day or if I would have done that poorly otherwise. Usually when we go there I get the Victoria filet, I wish I had. It wouldn't have saved any cals tho really, but what I got entree-wise was sooo not worth it. If you're gonna splurge THAT MUCH at least pick something you already know and love!



August 12


Great food day. Yay, finally.


2:30 pm

-preservative-free turkey, lemon hummus, and mustard on a sandwich thin

-kashi chocolate coconut granola bar

-cashews

-grapefruit sparkling water



4:45pm

-half of an amazing greens energy bar (the chocolate one)


6:30pm

-a half salad (still pretty big tho) at tomato-tamato at the food court (basically a "build your own" salad bar, but they make it for you in a big mixing bowl while you tell them what to put in it...endless veggies, nuts, cheeses, and meats....I had mixed greens, green peppers, beets, chick peas, black beans, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, carrots, and tofu with the fat free tomato vinaigrette)

-iced tea



8:45pm

-a venti Starbucks hot green tea

-a few cashews (mindless snacking out of hunger until I realized fruit was a better idea and what I really wanted)

-a big, organic nectarine


10:30pm

-other half of amazing greens bar

-2 more grapefruit sparkling waters


As you can see, I kept getting hungry every 2-3 hours or so. Kinda annoying since it wasn't planned, but at least the energy bar and the nuts/nectarine tided me over just as good as the meals and I was always around places where I either brought food or had easy access to healthy choices. MUCH better than yesterday. PHEW. Just under 1/3 of the calories, in fact. LOL that's pathetic. Despite it being annoying, I really do like eating this way (so long as I'm prepared with options).


I went to the office for about 2 hours today. Then, my Mom, brother, and I went to the mall. We had a 6:45 appointment at the Apple store to have my computer looked at. The guy said it could be one of two things: one easy (and cheap) to fix, the other...not so much. Of course it was the latter. It would have been nice to walk out of there only spending $85 for a new power source, but we were prepared to replace it, so it was ok. I'm just glad they think they can salvage everything off of the hard drive. I got a new 24-inch iMac, which should be ready tomorrow. It's HUGE and beautiful and I can't wait. It came with a free (after rebate) iPod and/or printer. I already have a new printer (and iPod for that matter), but I got the iPod and gave it to my brother. I'm so nice :-P. I thought about selling it, but figured I'd ask my Mom and brother and see if either were interested first.


Now to backtrack a little. We got to the mall around 5:15, so to kill time I went to Forever 21. I really need shirts--all of mine are either too fitted and make me look pregnant or they're too loose and, well, make me look pregnant lol. Where's the happy medium? Apparantly not in stores, as ALL the clothes are really loose-looking. Well, they're all really tight and small at the top and really blousy at the bottom. SO unflattering. I just ended up with 2 dresses (same dress one in navy one in purple). I have a similar one already in navy with a floral print, but I don't care. I'd buy even more if they had cute ones, it's a really flattering style. I should post a pic sometime. Here's what it looks like on the website (except I tie it in the front instead of the back, so it makes my waist looky tiny. love that!):



They also had those cheesy, shiny pleather leggings and I was tempted to buy a pair...god knows why. I thought they'd be kinda fun for a happy hour or something with a cute tunic and heels. I would have gotten them too, they looked surprisingly great if I do say so myself, but the pair I tried on already had 3 holes in them. I figured if they couldn't withstand someone trying them on (I didn't make the holes fyi lol), they probably weren't worth even $18. Oh well.


Then, we had to eat something. We were planning to go to a "real" restaurant, but cut the timing a little too close and now I'm happy about that, since my Mom and I decided to try out the salad place. When we were last at the mall we thought it looked pricey, but it really wasn't bad at all. The half salad, which is barely smaller than the full-size, was $5 + an extra $1 for my tofu. Very reasonable. (The full salads are $7 and your optional protein would be $2).


That about covers the day. I also had to do my Dad's laundry and mundane things like that. He's going on vacation to Providence tomorrow. I'm jealous! My Mom was supposed to go, but it turns out that she's not able to this time. So, instead of grocery shopping this week she decided we're going to go out every nite my Dad is gone (4 times--plus Sunday brunch), so that should be interesting. Hope calorie and sodium-wise we do alright. Although I already know 2 of the places we want to go aren't so healthy. Eep. I'll do my best.


xo,

Amanda


P.S. the amazing greens bar tastes pretty good, but it's left a weird aftertaste in my mouth, even after drinking 2 seltzers. Maybe it's psychological, but my mouth feels all grassy lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment