Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29

August 29

3:00pm
-2 slices of TrulyJess' (from Youtube) Bruschetta (I made it with a chopped heirloom tomato on ezekiel bread topped with basil, oregano, garlic powder, fat free feta crumbles, and a dollop of pesto & cooked in oven @ 400 degrees for 12 minutes)



Really really good! I gotta make this for my dad, I think he'd like it a lot. I was full after I ate it, but I got a little hungry an hour later. If i was gonna make this for a long lasting meal I'd probably add a small salad and/or a piece of fruit or something like that on the side, but I wasn't dying of hunger or anything. The whole thing was under 200 calories anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to add a little something, but either way...good stuff!

5:45pm
-a few sliced organic strawberries (4-5 maybe?)



7:10pm
-small strawberry guava fruit chiller from Frullati



I wish they used fresh fruit, but their drinks are just so good.

7:30pm-ish
-red wine sangria (the first half tasted just like grapefruit juice & the second half just like pineapple juice)

8:00pm-ish
-tons of italian salad
-2.5 slices peta pizza with balsamic chicken (regular cheese pizza topped with a few dollops of goat cheese, arugula, pine nuts, some tomato vinagerette salsa thing, a few portabella mushrooms...)
-glass of prosecco






We tried this new (to us. it opened like 2 years ago) pizza place called Fireside Pies. It wasn't as good as Grimaldi's, but still really good. I wasn't a huge fan of the tomato vinagerette though. It was good in general, but I don't think it worked with the pizza. I wanted to try one of the fancier/more gourmet pizzas and I like all of those toppings, but it was a little fussy/overwhelming together. A lot of competing tastes. I'll still enjoy the leftovers, but I do think next time I'll just want to try the plain pizza (cheese and tomato sauce) & add ricotta and that's it. The salad had some salami on top that was cooked up like bacon. Normally I hate both bacon and salami, but the crispiness was really nice. I liked it a lot. I still have room where I could eat, but I'm glad I didn't stuff myself. It was really expensive, so I don't think it will become a regular place, but it's a fun change. The ambiance was really nice too, though really loud.

11:30pm
-grapefruit sparkling water x 2 (well I had the first can like an hour before that, but whatever)

Not tooo bad of a day considering the heavy dinner. I'm estimating that I ate around the ballpark of 2,000 calories. Not terrible, although the vast majority of that was just in one meal. That part's not so good lol. I'm not sure though, it could be closer to 1,800 calories, even better, but you never know for sure with restaurants.

I think after I post this I'm gonna grab another sparkling water (I'm addicted...). I also had a little over a liter of regular water today too.

OH and I picked up my second graduation present ring today. I got it re-sized to be a little bigger and now it's too big. I'm gonna feel like such a douche when I have to take it back AGAIN, but oh well, I guess that's why we paid extra for the protection plan. It's really pretty:



The one I showed you before is being re-sized now. I wonder if I'll ever have them both at home at the same time :-P

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment