Monday, August 10, 2009

August 9

August 9


I'm pretty much sucking at picture-taking lately


-random samples from Sam's Club


-coffee (only about 1 cup + a few sips of another)

-1/2 english muffin with jam

-less than half of a veggie and cheddar egg white omelette

-a few bites of hashbrowns (just the crispy part on top really)


We went to Denny's ONLY because their website boasts new health food options and I was curious to try it (even if none of it was particularly my thing). Of course, the menu we were given didn't have the new additions. WTF? I could have asked, but decided the omelette was fine. A lot of the wait staff at our Denny's don't seem to speak much english and I didn't care enough anyway. On the way out I saw they did have the health menu inserts on the counter though. I hate Denny's in general, but that one is just the worst. The waitress was sweet, but took forever to refill our coffee even though we asked twice, I didn't have any silverware at first, they made my omelette with yolks and had to remake it (technically not her fault I guess), etc.


AND they had boring, small coffee cups. OK OK I'm not THAT picky. Normally I wouldn't even notice a cup, but the "nice" Denny's on the other side of the city has these ADORABLE, giant orange mugs I want to steal lol. SO cute.


My Dad LOVES Denny's (particularly the pick 4 for $5.99 deal), so at least it was a treat for him lol. I think he just likes it because it's cheap lol. Of course, I had to make fun of him because he ate 4 eggs, 2 pancakes, and half a bowl of oatmeal. I was like seriously? You wouldn't even eat 4 eggs at once at home, let alone WITH other stuff. That's just gross if you think about it LOL. He agreed, but said it was his breakfast and lunch and he'd have a light dinner. In his defense, we didn't end up eating 'til 2pm for some reason, but c'mon....4 eggs? :-P


-1 slice leftover pizza

-cranberry-almond smartfood popcorn


YUMMMMMMMMY (it's just a regular cheese and tomato sauce pizza--but the mozzerella is really fresh and gooey and good--with ricotta and mushroom. Hardly any mushroom tho for some reason. SOOOOO good. Love ricotta on pizza and ahh just all of it....


-3 grilled chicken tenders with ranch (IDK why I ordered this, I wasn't even hungry really)

-a few fries

-a patron margarita martini (it was more orangey flavored though??)

-a glass of pinot grigio



Went to see Julie & Julia at the Studio Movie Grill. Love being able to have cocktails while watching movies, even if that martini was grossly sweet and the wine was only so-so. I always have myself convinced that as far as white wine goes I'm a pinot grigio fan, but I think I'm more partial to sauvignon blanc. I guess I don't drink white enough to remember.


-blueberries (like 1/4 of a cup?) (I wasn't hungry then either, but we bought 3 pints of blueberries today for 99 cents each, so I had to dive in. My body was craving enzymes).


Also, random note: we checked at both Sam's and Walmart today and neither sold club soda. WTF? Well, Walmart had like a tiny bottle, but I wanted cans. Crazy. And they had NO plain seltzer (only a few small bottles of aspartame-filled flavored ones). I wanted to stock up and instead left with none. Who'd have thunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment