Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 10

Addendum to August 9


I forgot to add that yesterday I also had a Steaz green tea cola. Kinda weird. It was OK, but I wouldn't get it again. Too much sugar, and yes it tasted like a Coke, but it had a weird aftertaste (not bad or even THAT noticable, but still faintly present). For about the same nutritional value as a regular soda...no thanks.


August 10


Today was a long day kinda. I got ready around 11:30. Then my Mom and I had to drop off one of our old, dead laptops at the office for some reason. I ate a Banana Walnut Gnu fiber bar in the car. Thankfully or else I would have been starving. You'll see why soon. That was around, oh, 12:15? So then we decide to get our eyebrows waxed, pedicures, and manicures. My Mom usually gets manicures every week, pedicures every 2 weeks-month, and eyebrows every 2-3 weeks. I have to get my eyebrows done frequently or else I scare small children (and who are we kidding? adults too..), but other than that I HATE getting my nails done. I love how it looks, but it definitely does not feel like pampering to me. Now, my mom gets ingrown toenails easily, so if she doesn't get a pedicure every 2-3 weeks her toes start to hurt and if she waits much longer than that they always get infected. Unfortunately, while I don't think I get ingrowns myself, I have noticed recently that if I don't get a pedicure every month or so my toes start to hurt too. Annoying! Well, it had been about a month since either of us had done any beauty treatments, so we were both ready. What we weren't expecting was being there for two hours! And that was just for the eyebrows and pedicures. We told them to forget the manicures, we'd have to come back.



(the pretty design on my big toe)


Soo, needless to say, we didn't have lunch 'til 3pm. The nail place was next door to Smoothie King, so I got a 20 oz smoothie in addition to my actual lunch. Bad idea, I know. While my toes were drying I looked up nutritional info on various smoothies there and finally picked one with a reasonable (sorta) amount of sugar (around 30 grams--as compared to 50+ of their others) and only 150 cals when you ask for it to be made "skinny." Not bad at all. Um, when I got there that was the ONE smoothie not on their flavor wall. What? No fair. I kinda panicked and just went with one I'd had before and knew was healthy-ish, the Angel Food one with an immunity boost. It's about 250 cals (when made skinny) and has about 50 grams of sugar. Oy.



THEN, we went through the Great Outdoors drive thru and I got a turkey sub with veggies (including avocado) and mustard. I forgot to ask for sprouts and I forgot to ask for wheat bread though. Dammit! Usually they ask if you don't specify, but oh well. The white is sliiightly less caloric at least :-P. So, that's my usual sub from G.O. these days, but it tasted way saltier today? I wonder if it was the white bread, but I doubt it. Kinda weird. It was reallly good tho. So good, in fact, that I ate it all. Which is usually what I do and am still slightly hungry, but when you have a smoothie too? BAD MOVE. I only drank maybe half of my smoothie (and spread it out), but I was still uncomfortably full. Boo. Oh, and the smoothie was $5. Kinda sucked to throw half away.



After I ate I got to work in the office. I hadn't worked in like a week and everything was in shambles. Annoying. I thought it'd take me about 3 hours to fix, but it was more like half that. Not terrible, but ugh why can't people just not touch my stuff--or if they do at least leave it how they found it. Sheesh! I felt really foggy headed and sickly. I probably shouldn't have gone back yet, but it's not like I stay long or do anything streneuous...idk why I felt SO out of sorts. I couldn't stop coughing too. I didn't even cough much when my lungs were killing me last week. The stapler broke too and I REALLY needed it. Hate that!


We only stayed for about 2 hours and then went to Target to get a new stapler. Once in the parking lot guess what we realized we forgot to buy? Oh, yeah, the stapler. DOH. lol. That always happens, huh? My Mom said she'll pick it up on her way in tomorrow. I was going to start working every day to keep things in order (as opposed to my usual 2-3 days/week), but my Mom thinks I need another day off to recuperate. Wednesday we're going to the mall after work to buy me a new iMac! YAY!!! Mine broke about, oh 4+ months ago. I stil have my delightful Macbook, but I'm a desktop girl at heart :-P. It just randomly shorted out one day. I realllly hope the old info on the hardrive can be recovered from the old to the new *fingers crossed*. Oh, and back to being a food blogger....I drank a grapefruit sparkling water in the car that I got at Tarj :-P


When I got home I was a littleeeee hungry, but not enough to start dinner. I had a big nectarine and that held me over perfectly.


For dinner I made a side salad (romaine, heirloom tomato, celery, carrot, ff feta, black pepper, light ranch), had an apricot, cajun spiced salmon (about 4 oz), & purple corn on the cob with flax seed light smart balance spread. Yum. I had that with another sparkling water.



Then I had one of the UNBELIAVABLY AMAZING cookies my friend sent me from Hawaii last month. O M G you guys. He sent me a huge box, but a.) b/c they're SO good and b.) b/c they're pretty caloric (they're small and have 90 cals each) I've only had 2 total, but omg I could seriously eat half the box if I'd let myself. I can't even describe how good they are. They're kind of a light and airy shortbread cookie dipped in chocolate. But that doesn't even give them justice. The chocolate especially is scary-good. I'm tempted to have one more, but I think I'll go for a vitamuffin or something slightly more filling for the same calories. But..just...WOW. I gotta indulge in these more often.



I'm actually craving some fruit. Maybe I'll make fruit salad or something in a bit.


I am SO tired it's unbelievable otherwise. I think I only got 7.5 hrs of sleep last nite, but I shouldn't feel this tired!


Oh, and just to keep myself more accountable I'm going to go back to calorie-tracking on my iPod. I won't bore you with the details like before, but maybe I'll give a little weekly update to let you know how it's going.


For another snack I had some blueberries (maybe 1/4 a cup?), 7 cherries, and a plum. I shared a little bit with my dog as always lol (she LOVES fruit), but I got, oh, 97% of it :-P



Then, I made some more breathing tea with a drizzle of honey. *fingers crossed* that I'm OK for the nite. I'll probably be up awhile still, but maybe if I just quietly hang out I won't get hungry again.


No comments:

Post a Comment