Saturday, August 22, 2009

August 21

August 21

I was intending to recreate my salad or blt from yesterday and have it for lunch today, but didn't have time (nor was I hungry). I fell asleep around 4:30am I think, woke up at 12:30 (was supposed to wake up at noon, but my Mom accidentally slept in 'til 12:30 too, so it was OK).

I felt a little sick to my stomach + not hungry at all. I threw a larabar & apple in my purse, but my Mom & I made plans to try the Mexican place for lunch around 2:30 instead of dinner, so they're still sitting in there. I started to get a little hungry around 2, but the sick feeling kept coming and going. I got my massage, which helped a little, but I'm still hurting some.

I chose to ignore the stomachache and we went to eat anyway (against my better judgment). It's this place called Casa Milagro. It was decorated so pretty inside. Since we went at an odd time only about one other party was in there. Although, I've heard at peak hours they always have a wait. I reluctantly (because of my stomach) got the spinach enchiladas sans cheese. They were basically two corn tortilla enchiladas stuffed with spinach and onions and topped with a semi-spicy ranchero sauce. They were supposed to be topped with mushrooms too, but I think mine only had one? Why even bother? LOL. They could have used more spinach too, but they were still good. I ate one of the two. And they came with rice and refried beans on the side (my mom ate most of the beans). I also had about 3/4 of one small frozen margarita. It was strooong. I don't really like margaritas, but it was still pretty good. Only $6 too which is CHEAP around here. Margs are usually between $8-12, $10 on average, especially at a pretty nice place like that. My Mom got the grilled chicken breast meal off the healthy menu (my Mom? healthy menu? What? lol) and it was served with brown rice (altho it had some kind of greenness to it?) and grilled veggies. I had 2 bites of the chicken..really good.




Can I just say my muscles, that have been KILLING ME for weeks actually felt some relief from the combo of massage & a touch of alcohol? It was short-lived, but y'know. Something.

After that I was feeling a tiny tipsy (seriously? Where has my tolerance gone?!). We went to Natural Grocers to pick up some anti-candida pills and a kombucha drink for me. I also ended up getting a neck wrap (one of those filled with brown rice things you can heat up in the microwave), some bath salts for aches and pains, and......I found the vegan cookies I've been searching all over for! The Uncle Eddie's ones. Yay! I got one bag of oatmeal chocolate chip & one bag of chocolate chip with walnuts. My Mom tried an oatmeal one and she thought she'd hate them based on the vegan-ness alone, but she LOVES them. Yay. My stomach started hurting bad, so I didn't have any. I had about 1 serving of my Kombucha tho. I tried a diff brand and it's actually kinda-sorta good, but it's smaller & has 4 servings per bottle instead of 2, so it's a little more sugary and caloric, but not terribly so. I got the aloe flavor. It sounds gross, but I love aloe drinks for some reason.

Then, we had to go get my mom's allergy shot. That place is SO SLOW it's ridiculous. It was really hot in the waiting room and I started to get really sick. I went to their bathroom (when I'm sick like that I like to sit in a nice, cool bathroom to feel better). Well, not only was it even hotter in there, but they were out of toilet paper and paper towels. Dontcha just love that? :-P Not a big deal, they had a few(literally...just a few) kleenexes, but still. I was shaking my hands for like 5 minutes to air dry lol. Then, I thought I was gonna throw up or something before we made it home, but luckily I didn't. I wanted to go shopping a little too on the way home, but I guess it's better that we weren't able to, because my Mom and I are both really tired for some reason.

I had a headache most of the afternoon and evening. My stomach also felt too acid-refluxy to eat anymore. I got hungry, but didn't think it was a good idea. Around 11:10pm I finally caved. I wanted cereal and skim milk, but we were out of the cereal I wanted and we only had my dad's goat milk or my almond milk anyway. I finally settled on a bowl of vanilla kashi oatmeal. I mixed in 1 tsp of maple flavored peanut butter and one banana inside. MM. Also made a cup of hibiscus tea.




I took a bath with one of the lavendar bath salts I got today. I'm still not tired though, grr. I have to wake up around 11:30 at the latest to get ready for Mama Mia. Must. Get. Tired.

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment