Friday, August 21, 2009

August 20

August 20

Man am I on a bad schedule. Couldn't sleep 'til 5:30am. Initially woke up at 11:30am, fell back asleep 'til 1:30, thought I only shut my eyes for a moment, but look again and whoops 2:30.

I wasn't hungry when I woke up either, so I waited a couple hours to eat.

4:15pm
-simple salad with spinach, strawberries, cashews, lemon juice, and a drizzle of honey (thanks to Embracing Balance for the idea! LOVE that kind of salad, but never would have thought to add honey)
-8oz of unpasteurized strawberry-orange juice
-jasmine green tea with lemon juice and drizzle of honey


love my juice glasses lol



The tartness of the lemon juice in the salad hurt my cracked lips (well, the cracked corners) a little, but other than that it was a very refreshing lunch.

Last nite I planned out 6 mini meals and snacks to eat today, but I'd have to eat almost every hour to make it since I don't want to eat past 11 or midnite. Guess that's not in the cards for today.

When I originally planned my first meal I also figured I'd need a small piece of fruit (like a pluot) and maybe a small cookie bite, but honestly I just finished my salad and I'm really full. I'm glad I waited to see how I felt. I had an intuition that what I made, although pretty small, would be enough due to the satiating fat of the cashews mixed in with the fruit and veggie. Perfect meal. It probably would have been even better with a little grilled chicken, but then I would have been way too full in this case. Plus, I'm trying to eat less meat anyway. I am wondering if I'm eating too many carbs though. I guess a lot are from fruit and veggies, so it's OK. I just need to make sure not to eat too many grains or bread products at every meal and snack. Yeahhh right :-P.

Random tidbit, but I'm beginning to wonder if I may be gluten intolerant. I hope not. I love wheat way too much. I think I may ask to be tested at my next doctor's appointment in a few months just to see. I don't think I feel sick after eating wheat/barley/rye/etc. but I do have a lot of stomach issues and pain (in general), which could be signs. They can be signs of a lot of things though, so I won't read too much into it for now. Maybe I should try to eat gluten and casein free for a week just to see how I feel, but idk if I'm ready for that yet. I mean, come on, I just discovered the amazingness that is the honey bunny. Don't take those away from me just yet!!! :-P *sigh*

7:30pm
-while watching BB I got hungry, so I ate 2 sesame water crackers my Mom had in her room to hold me over a litttle

between 8:30 & 8:45
-blt (2 slices veggie bacon, 2 slices ezekiel bread, spinach leaves, an entire small tomato sliced and deseeded, & a 100 calorie pack of guacamole) (really good)
-bbq pop chips
-about 1 liter of water (first water today, oops)



The first ingredient in the veggie bacon is egg whites. WEIRD. On its own it's not that great (but I hate regular bacon anyway), but in the sandwich it was good! I think it will definitely make it's way into my meal rotations, at least until the package is gone. Yum.

I had to wolf down the sandwich, because Bella was being rude and begging, so I still felt hungry after. I didn't eat any more and was nice and full 10-20 minutes later.

11:00pm
-raspberry graham holey donut (picked one of the slightly more caloric ones since I was wayy below cals today..like in the 800's)
-4oz strawberry-orange juice




I could go for some more fruit or something, but my mouth feels a little tingly around from too much sugar, oops. Time to get pau d'arco tea & water & be done with it for the nite.



I've done really well since I got back on track. I'm a little nervous about the weekend. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go out to try a new (to us) Mexican place & Saturday I'm seeing Mama Mia (yay) and going to their pre-show lunch Buffet. As long as I don't overeat or over drink I think it should be OK. I'm going to pick the foods I want ahead of time and limit myself to 1 drink each occasion. If I decide to have 2 drinks that's OK, but that's it, and preferably 1. I saw the buffet menu online and it all sounds healthy, there is just SO much that sounds good, I'll have to be careful just to TASTE each item, not load it on, and even that may be too much.

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment