Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 1

I can't believe it's already August. WOW.


When I woke up I reallly wanted to go out for brunch--particularly flavored french toast. Kind of a weird craving for me. Nobody wanted to leave the house, so I eventually made my own. It took me about 2+ hours of starving to get off my ass and do it lol. Saturday's are notorious for being lazy days in this household. I made way too much dipping mixture, but oh well. I took 2 eggs, some almond milk, a splash of vanilla extract, a splash of Kahlua, and a shit ton of pumpkin pie spice & extra cinnamon and mixed all that together. I dipped 2 slices of raisin ezekiel bread in the mixture and used vegan flax oil Smart Balance "butter" to cook it in. Then, I put some six grain peach Liberte yogurt, a lil bit of mimosa jelly, and a drizzle of real maple syrup on each piece. Not quiiite as good as a restaurant, but still delish. I've also been working on the rest of the container of yogurt all afternoon. I don't really care for the grains in it. I don't think I'll buy it again. I'm more of a plain yogurt kind of girl anyway, but I have one more container I need to get through (six grain pear) Today, actually. I think they both expire today, oops. Oh yeah, I also really wanted a cappucino, but instead opted for jasmine green tea with a generous splash of pom juice.




I'm thinking seafood for dinner, but not sure what or where. It's already 5:30 and I'm still full from breakfast. Though breakfast was at like 2:30 or 3 LOL :-x.


Just Kidding. We went to Boston Pizza. It was a toss up between there and Macaroni Grill. I got the same pizza I got last week, but with whole wheat crust instead. UM it's just as good if not better and like 300+ calories less. Crazy. I got the Tuscan one, I think it's called? It had basil, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, and spinach. Reallly good. I also traded a piece or two with my Dad who got the extreme mushroom on whole wheat. It was also extremely good. I'd be tempted to say even better, but I love me some tomato sauce and it had a little pesto instead. Or so it said. We didn't see it, strangely. My Mom got pasta which we all sampled, but none of us liked. She stole some pizza from each of us lol. I still had 3 slices left. Nice! Last time I ate the entire thing in one sitting and was still slightly hungry if I remember correctly. Granted, I did start with a spinach salad (spinach, mushroom, candied pecans, onions, dried cranberries) that I shared with my Dad, but still (which would have been good, but it needed less onion, more mushroom, and a different dressing. The dressing they used was so sweet. Yuck). The fiber in the whole wheat must be extra-filling. Good stuff! And I drank (only) water *gasp*. I thought about wine, but wasn't really in the mood for a drink-drink.



And just for the record, I had about 5 baked salt and vinegar kettle chips as I walked out the door before the movies LOL.


Then, we saw Funny People. The first half is slow (good, but slow), but the second was really good. We were running late, so I didn't get any candy. Usually I'm not a candy person, but I really wanted some for some reason. I was digging in my purse hoping some would appear out of nowhere and..surprise. It did. haha. I thought someone got into my leftover peanut butter m&ms from when we went to the movies last week, but I guess not! I only ate 5 or so of them, which was just right.


On the way home my brother texted and asked us to bring him McDonalds, so I got myself a vanilla cone & stole 3 of his fries. I also nibbled on one more piece of my pizza. I still have 2 left. I was tempted to just finish it, but I knew I wasn't really still hungry and decided to control myself :-P.


I really want some tea now (hibiscus), so I think I'm gonna wrap this up and go make a mug. Hopefully the pear yogurt will still be OK tomorrow. My Dad always laughs at my obsession with expiration dates, especially dairy. He's like "it's not like the morning after it says it expires it suddenly knows to grow mold. It can be fine for a few days, sometimes even longer." I mean...I'm sure sometimes he's right, but it just seems icky! LOL.


Anyway, goodnite.


xo,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment