Saturday, August 1, 2009

July 30 & July 31

July 30


-pineapple chunks

-oroweat thin (multigrain) pizza

-6 pb&jelly m&ms (last of the bag, phew)


(why yes, I do love sauce lol)


-2% string cheese

-pluot



my Mom told me she didn't want to go out to eat until 6:30+ (knowing her, I figured 7:30 or 8), so around 4:30 when I was starving I had a snack. Granted it was healthy and did the trick, but around 5/5:30 she told me she was hungry and wanted to go then. Of course! LOL. Luckily, I still had to shower etc. so we didn't end up leaving 'til 6, but I wouldn't have eaten a snack at all had I known.


Still, so far pretty decent. But it alllll went downhill from there.


-3 glasses of merlot

-ahi tuna appetizer over greens

-lobster & crab dip appetizer with lil crusty baguettes (split)

-1.5 oz filet with portobella mushrooms in a red wine sauce (I could have sworn I ate at least one of my three 3oz pieces, but when I got home I saw only half fo one finished. Craziness! Well, not really considering everything else I ate LOL)

-half order saueteed garlic spinach

-small gelato

-small sorbet (my mom has got to stop ordering sorbet or gelato and deciding she doesn't like it after 2 bites. I can't say no!)



Just one boring, hard-to-see pic. I took photos of everything (sans dessert), but the room was dark and I didn't use a flash. I still feel a little awkward being obvious about taking food pics in person. Sorry guys!


-1.5 oz filet

-small handful of fries


I know, not good. We had a coupon for $25 off our fave fancy steak place (Steve Fields) that expired this weekend. I guess $25 isn't that big of a deal when you spend approx. $150 though? Oops. Although, we did eat in the bar and it was during happy hour, so we got live piano entertainment, half off appetizers, and $1-2 off beer/wine/cocktails. My wine was only $6/glass! Again, keep in mind this is a pricey place. Excellent (even though I'm sure that's what they paid for the entire bottle lol gotta hate that). Merlot isn't my first choice of wine (more like last for the reds usually--not to say I dislike it), but I couldn't pass that deal up! Maybe I should have, however. I should have stopped at one or two glasses. I didn't get crazy or anything, but you know when you drink earlyish (we went around 6:30) the buzz wears off and you have a lil headache all nite? Is that just me? I loaded up on vitamins and woke up fine though. I'm only 24 and my tolerance has already gone way downhill from my youth, LOL. I used to not only be able to keep up with the boys, but easily surpass them, but now I'm barely more tolerant than my lightweight Mom. Pathetic! ha. It depends, though. I havent lost all hope :). And on the health plus side, it does encourage me to want to drink less overall, simply because I'm not as apt to want to take my chances. Oh, alcohol.


& You know, as much as I loooove that place (www.stevefieldsrestaurant.com), I think the starters are my fave part. I only like steak if it's a filet mignon from an upscale restaurant, but it's still not my fave food in the world. Excellent, yes, but I'm happy to only have it a handful or so times a year. OK, maybe two handfuls, I'm a little spoiled. But I think we really need to go to the bar just for happy hour drinks and appetizers more often. We always say we're going to, but only have one time (after my last college final to celebrate my impending graduation, aww). It's SO cheap and such a nice ambiance. OK, the drinks are still a little pricey (not too bad), but no more so than anywhere else and you can't beat the food deals. The next item on my agenda to try is the lobster pizza and crab cakes. Nom nom.


The fries were just a dumb decision. I decided maybe they'd help soak up the alcohol and take away my headache LOL riiight. They weren't even that good! And I still don't know who's they were. It kinda creeps me out haha. Surely they were my dad's, but it's just weird because I swore they were my brother's, since we brought him shrimp & fries home and the fries I ate from had tartar sauce in the container too, but he swears he ate them all. It's a mystery lol.


July 31


-turkey on wheat with lettuce, tomato, avocado, sprouts, & mustard (from Great Outdoors--their subs are all 8 inches)

-iced tea



-grapes and pineapple


-medium tart frozen yogurt with strawberries (yogurt was made with probiotics too) from Gooeys


-side salad with spinach, baby carrots, heirloom tomato, a few cubes of amazing avocado, drizzle of light ranch

-3 oz of steak and a mushroom

-other half of the spinach

-2-3 big bites of rotisserie chicken

-chicken rice pilaf


(I don't think I've ever said, but I usually eat off of small salad plates)


Dinner gave me acid reflx grr. digestive enzymes took care of that within 5-10 min tho, luckily.



Muuuch better eating day overall, but of course I had to feel sick! But hey I'll take 10 minutes any day. OK, not any day, in fact I hope I never get it again lol, but when I get acid reflux usually it lasts a good, excruciating 2+ hours. Not fun.


I looked so bloated too. I didn't feel bad, but I looked about 5-10lbs heavier (all in my stomach too) than I did the day before. That oughta teach me not to overindulge, but of course it won't. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment