Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 15 & 16

August 15

4pm-ish
-cheeseburger
-cajun fries



My brother had a date to see Orphan at a theater in a mall he didn't know how to drive to, so my Mom and I planned to drop him off and go to a nicer mall that's 5 min from there to have a nice lunch at Grand Lux Cafe (sister-restaurant to Cheesecake Factory). Well, we were about to pull up to the mall my brother was supposed to be at and the girl canceled on him (long story). My brother was too upset to go with us to the other mall, but since we were (basically) already there I decided I wanted to run in and get a quick lunch to-go at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. I'd heard raves about it, but had never been. My Mom also wanted to go to Lush to pick up a couple bars of soap and I was almost out of my Dream Cream lotion, so we did that while my bro waited in the car. The food was pretty good, btw, but I ate way too many fries and felt sickish and too full the rest of the day. I'd eat there again, but I didn't love-love it enough to need to go to that mall specifically to eat it.

5pm-ish
-small diet coke
(I wanted regular, but decided against the calories, but still wanted something fizzy. ugh to artificial sweeteners though. I wonder what's worse: high fructose corn syrup or fake sugar? Not that I should have either...)

don't remember exactly when
-pau d'arco tea (I think b/c of my asthma medicine I have a tiny bit of oral thrush again? it could be in my head, but I'm taking all the necessary precautions just in case)

at movies--9pm-ish
-a few generous handfuls of my Mom's popcorn (no butter)

My Mom and I wanted to go to shop, grab dinner, and see a movie, but we were too tired (and not very hungry). We did run in Kohl's, but that's it (we wanted to go to another mall to go to Macy's, etc. since we saw some cute stuff when we picked up lunch earlier). Then, we went to the 8:50 showing of Time Traveler's Wife. Neither of us had read the book, but now kinda want to. I understood the gist of it, but it's still pretty confusing in a way. Not like it's possible anyway, so there's not much more to "get", but I like to be 100% clear on stories like that. BTW, I love Rachel McAdams! & Her looks reminded me slightly of Sophia Bush in this movie for some reason.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they're all going back, but I bought 4 shirts at Kohl's. All size small. WHAT? I haven't lost weight at all, gained 1 lb actually (kind of a relief, I though it'd be like 5+ lbs thanks to this weeks eating shenanigans lol). The shirts must run big there. Surprisingly, they're even a little too big if anything. Weird. I think they make me look slightly wide from the front and pregnant from the side, so that's not good.They're OK, but idk. They're the kind of shirts that are fitted in the chest, but then pull away from the body a little bit. I guess that style is only semi-flattering on me, but I want to only spend my money on things that look bangin' lol. Plus, I'm trying to wear mostly fitted things again. Not tight, but not so big that you can't tell where my body is, so I look bigger, y'know? After seeing pics of myself in loose clothes I won't make that mistake again! My Mom thinks the shirts look great, but she likes the loose look. *shrug* maybe I'll take pics later and post them. I still don't think they're worth $100 tho, especially on sale ($100 total, not each, but still...). I used to be such a clothes whore, but now I'm so cheap lol. Except with jeans. But I have enough of those. I guessss. :-P. I really need shirts and shoes. Bad. But I can't find any I like!

12am-ish
-blueberries
-organic apple (well, about half, I gave a lot to my dogs lol they love apples)
-breathing tea with honey
-a few bites of random stuff (noodles, pizza, 2 wheat thins...carb suckage, none was good either)



I wasn't even hungry then, my body just wanted some "real" food, I guess lol. Eating out so much, especially "bad" foods, is making me feel crappy, too full, and not very hungry most of the day. IDK how my body handled it so well in the past. I guess I've always been kinda stomach-sickly.

August 16

1:00pm-ish
-breathing tea with honey

1:30pm-ish
-tall soy cappucino

(a la Starbucks. my Mom had to make an impromptu bathroom run on the way to brunch and felt rude leaving empty handed lol)

2:15pm-ish

-half of a greek egg-white omelet (egg whites, kalamata olives, pesto, tomato, goat cheese, spinach) (a lil salty from the olives, but not really. it was good, good combo of ingredients)
-a few breakfast potatoes (kinda bland)
-mimosa (really good. fresh squeezed juice and pretty big glass)
-coffee (about 3 cups) (a little weak, but it was ok)
-half of a popover with strawberry butter (the ones at Neiman Marcus are way better, well the butter at least, but it wasn't bad)
-1 piece veggie sausage with a little maple syrup (really good)





We went to a new place (well, new to us). Everything on the menu looked amazing. What I ordered was just so-so (well better than that but I wasn't blown away like I was expecting..I had REALLY high expectations tho), but still good enough to know they use good, fresh ingredients and I'd like to go again. Kinda weird tho: mine was supposed to come with wheat toast. I know I ordered the popover, but I was still charged for the popover, so I should have still gotten the toast too or not been charged for the popover. It's not a big deal, I didn't need both, and didn't ask for the toast when I realized it, but things like that annoy me a little. I'll get over it lol.

6pm-ish
-other half of omelet
-rest of potatoes
-rest of popover
-1 square french toast (size of half a slice of bread)
-1 piece veggie sausage



Be sure to check out my review of the Brunch place we went to here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-14990-Dallas-Healthy-Food-Examiner~y2009m8d16-Dream-Cafe-review

(thanks!)

It's 10:20pm right now. A little over 2 hours ago my Mom ordered us Chinese delivery for a late dinner. I'm still sickly full though. I think my body needs a break from eating out for sure. I really don't like feeling this crappy. I've barely been eating anything raw either, which makes me sad. My Dad will be back tomorrow (yay), so even though my life is still unscheduled for the most part, hopefully things will get back to how they were with me cooking almost every nite. At the very least if I "have" to go out I'll just get salads or fruit or something. Or carry around a lot of larabars and protein shakes lol. I'm just so...blah. It doesn't make sense to PAY to feel this way, y'know? I'm paying in more ways than just cash.

I think I may go walk on the treadmill for a little bit to try and feel better. I highly doubt I'll eat the chinese tonite anyway, I can't imagine wanting to feel like this again (or even risk it), but I just ordered steamed chicken dumplings (appetizer) and a cup of veggie soup. Not bad, but still full of sodium I'm sure. Probably won't help the STUFFED stomach feeling. I knew I shouldn't have ordered anything, but oh well.

I think I'm super dehydrated too. I've been drinking, but not nearly enough water. I need to go back to carrying my Sigg on me at all times. My lips are so chapped even though I apply chapstick every 5 min and the left corner of my lip is cracked and a little painful. Gross. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't feel good. My body is crying out for helppppp. I'm sure the copious amounts of coffee didn't help with that either. I always overdo it on the coffee on Sunday's. I just remembered we're going out for breakfast before work tomorrow too. Oh boy.

waterrrr

I am SO tired. I hope I can get to bed at a decent time tonite. I think the excess coffee had the opposite effect on me. *YAWN*

xo,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Oh you HAVE to read The Time Travelers Wife! I haven't seen the film version yet, but the book was amazing. I don't expect the movie to translate the story perfectly since its a complicated plot. It's fairly easy to follow in the novel though. And really well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear! I'll definitely add it to my next Amazon order. I liked the movie a lot, but have a feeling the book is way better. I read a lot of what was left out on imdb.com and it seems like the book will explain a lot more.

    ReplyDelete