Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 2nd and 3rd

August 2:


I woke up sick today. I'm not sure if it's allergies or if I have a mild case of my Mom's pneumonia, but either way it's no fun. Instead of waking up with my usual neck and/or backache, my lungs felt extremely tight and I was coughing a little. Of course I can't find my inhaler (I almost never use it), so that's great :-P. I decided to go to brunch anyhow, but it took me about 10+ extra minutes to get ready. After my shower I had to sit down for a little bit to regain some strength. I didn't really want eggs or anything sweet, so that left me with...no ideas lol. Feeling uninspired I went for the eggs. We went back to one of our local faves we hadn't been to in a few weeks, Little Gus.


-few bites of veggie egg white omelete (maaaybe 1/4?)

-maaaybe half of my extra crispy breakfast potatoes with ketchup

-1/2 dry english muffin with a dollop of grape jelly

-coffee x 2 or 3 (I thought I shoulda gone for hot tea, but couldn't resist...)



I swear I always carb it up at that place. The potatoes and english muffins are just so good lol.


A lil bit later after resting a bit I made myself some hibiscus tea with lemon juice. I also grabbed the other half of my fresh grapefruit juice from Whole Foods. It's not pasteurized, so I was a little worried, since the label says people with compromised immune systems shouldn't drink it. I dumped the rest into the tea, assuming it was fine anyway, but if not maybe the hot water would kill bacteria LOL.


My Mom decided to order diningin.com for herself and asked if I wanted something for later. She chose Cheesecake Factory, so I couldn't resist! But daaaamn they've raised their prices. I wasn't sure how hungry I'd be and not much sounded good anyway (my current faves are the renees special, but I like that better in-person, 'cause I don't like salad to-go and it comes with half a sandwich, salad, and soup...and I didn't know their soup of the day anyway and I like the ahi tuna salad, and not only would that be to-go salad, but raw fish as well. No thanks...). I decided on an appetizer (Vietnamese Summer Rolls), side (sauteed snow peas and mixed vegetables), and dessert (low carb original cheesecake with fresh strawberries). I probably should have gone for just the original-original cheesecake. It's only 100 cals more, but no nasty chemical crap (aka splenda), but oh well. It still tastes really good. I haven't had it yet today, but the last few times I tried it I wouldn't have known it was reduced sugar.


-1 small piece cheesecake factory whole wheat bread (which later turned into the entire little loaf. Ouch...)


I shouldn't have even started on that bread. It's one of the few breads in the world that I truly love. Ugh, curse you bread! lol. Kinda hate myself for that...


At 7:30 I was only a little hungry, but couldn't stop thinking about the summer rolls, so I went and ate two of them while watching Big Brother. Then at 8 I polished off the last one. Eh, I don't think I'd get them again. They only have one small shrimp a piece, the noodles were random (not the traditional rice noodles you'd usually find), and they fell apart likethat. They tasted OK, but that's about it.



I'm still angry at myself for the bread. That was what...probably 900 calories or something? WHYYY? It wasn't even hot...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.


Provided I feel well enough to go to the store tomorrow I wanna stock up on lots of raw fruits, veg, and nuts to help give my immune system a much needed boost. I really do want to follow through this time, sigh. I think at least 50% raw would be good until I'm better. Here's hoping....


Hmm now it's 8:35 and I'm eating cheesecake & having chocolate hazelnut herbal (decaf) tea. I did split the cheesecake into thirds and I realized since it's sugar-free my Dad can have it, so I gave him another 1/3 and saved myself the last 1/3 for tomorrow. OK OK and I added peanut butter m&ms to it, but only 3, so it barely counts :). I keep telling myself I'm super excited to eat lots of raw food and do my body good and that obviously my body is inflamed and flour and sugar/dessert will only make it worse and what do I eat? Bread and cheesecake. Oh boy.



Also, my body is playing that cruel sick trick on me where you start to feel moderately better, but then you feel your forehead and your fever is actually worse. Not to mention, you want to actually get up and do stuff, but if you actually do that you'll overexert yourself and end up REALLY sick, but since you feel kinda fine you're soo bored of just sitting around. Yeah, you know the feeling.


Man, I want more cheesecake already lol. One track mind today. Sigh. So many leftovers too. Well, not too many, but about 3/4 of today's breakfast, those 2 small slices of pizza, the sauteed veggies, and those 2 yogurts (not that they may even be good...). Yeah.


I need to try and think of more exciting raw combos I can put together to nurse myself back to health and be happy about it. So far I'm stuck on guacamole, plain fruit, and apples with peanut butter (tho I don't think any of my current pb's are raw, but whatever), veggie sticks with hummus or ranch, and that about covers it for now lol. Besides the usual salads, blah blah. Being sick has left me super uncreative!


Off to brainstorm.


Thennnnn, I kindasorta effed up at nite. I went downstairs for some fruit after reading a raw food blog. I couldn't find what I wanted (well, I found a plum which was delish), so I also had those remaining pizza slices (they're from an individual sized pizza, so they're really small, but still pizza...). I also ate a ton of cherries and got a stomache from eating too many lol. Served me right. JK. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal (the pizza), but considering all the bread I'd already eaten.....:-P



August 3


I wasn't hungry until 3pm or so and even then only a little bit. I finished my english muffin half (with jam) and egg white omelete (sans the leftover avocado b/c it didn't taste as good). I wasn't hungry the rest of the day either, but I sure was thirsty. And not for water :-\. I had about 8 oz of unpasteurized strawberry-pineapple juice.


LOL I can't believe we still have these cups


Around 5 my Mom and I went grocery shopping at Whole Foods. We mostly got fruit. Yummy. I also got 2 kinds of tea to help me breathe better and grapefruit seed extract tablets (a natural antibiotic). I almost got some homeopathetic lung stuff, but decided to wait and see if the other things help. We spent probably the most we ever have at Whole Foods, yikes. The tea + medicine was about $25 tho and I got a magazine, but still. We were kinda out of everything tho. But we didn't get a lot of meat. Weird. Altho my Mom did get some ribs and beef from the bbq section (the stuff that's already made and ready to eat). I guess it all adds up. My Mom didn't care tho and told me not to worry about it lol.


My Mom offered to get me Pacuigo (the gelato/sorbet place I'm addicted to), but I wasn't in the mood *gasp* (it's righhhhhht by Whole Foods too). I was mad tho, b/c plain frozen yogurt did sound kinda good and I forgot the new place we've been meaning to try across the street was open. Oh well. I did, however, want to go to McDonalds for free mocha Monday's, hehe. I tried the iced one last week (not so good, but I don't like mocha's anyway), so I decided to try the hot (even tho it was 100 degrees out and I was already hotttt from feeling sick). I still don't think I'd order one, I'm just not a sweet-drink person, but it was pretty good! I also ordered a single cheeseburger too just b/c I felt weird going for just a free drink, idk lol. I wasn't very hungry, but ate it anyway. Why do I love those things?! And, they didn't hear us ask for the free drink (when you pull up a recording asks if you'd like to try one today and we said yes, but I guess the real person hadn't heard), so I had to wait for the lady to make me one. I love free stuff even if it makes me feel like a cheapo LOL.


I forgot to look at the nutrition facts and got a few natural sodas at WF. 2 of them were agave nectar sweetened, a cola one and a root beer. I think its called Oogave. The nutrition, while better than a traditional soda...not so good. Oops. At least agave nectar doesn't raise your blood sugar as much, I guess :-P. And was more like 100 or 110 calories or so than the 150 in a coke. But still no nutritional value. I tried the root beer one. I'm also not usually a soda person, I swear, despite recent logs, but it was pretty good. It tasted like any old root beer, but had a agave/honeyish after taste. Kinda cool. I doubt I'll buy it again unless I'm realllly in the mood, but I like trying new things, especially new (semi-healthier) sweetened things, just out of curiosity.


I also tried the BBQ Pop Chips that have been going around blogger. Pretty good! My Mom LOVED them. We also got the original. We ate about 2/3 of the bag (hey, it is only a 3-serving bag and we're 2 people!) while watching Jon & Kate + Kathy Griffin. Good times. My dogs weren't impressed that we didn't share. Too bad! lol


I had forgotten about the cheeseburger and was wondering why I still wasn't hungry. Granted, even with that I didn't eat much today. At 10 or so I went downstairs to make some "dinner," but as soon as I was gonna heat something up (a vegan italian "chicken" thing) I realized I didn't really want anything substantial anyway, so I put it back. I had the last 1/3 (aka like 2-3 bites) of the low carb cheesecake slice and one pluot. I also made a mug of the Yogi Breathe Deep tea. It doesn't seem to be working quite as well as promised, but maybe with time. It had a pretty good flavor.


I'm trying to drink water too. IDK what my problem is lately. I love water!


Oh, and my back is still killing me, but now it's moved again! It switches. First it was my upper back, then my neck, then upper back again, now my lower back hurts SO BAD. I think it's sciatica again. Hate that. When will it end????


That's about all, not too exciting! Sorry for the lack of pics today.


xo,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. um, oogave does have nutrients. trace minerals including iron, copper, and magnesium, but no heavy metals. and it is probably the best source of inulin on the planet. the new labels will reflect that. inulin is a probiotic fiber that not only aids in digestion but also promotes intestinal flora. In other words, you are better off with it, than without it.

    Stephen. aka, esteban.

    PS. Love the rest of your blog. Groovy

    ReplyDelete