Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gluten Free Day 3

November 4

-chobani plain yogurt (100 cals)
-half of a gluten-free lemon muffin crumbled in (140 cals)




How come all of the gluten free products are tasty, but so dry? It's the FLOUR that includes the gluten, not the yogurt/oil/applesauce/whatever. It was still good, but I'll probably start making my own soon. Also, I'm not as impressed with the plain chobani yogurt as I am with the flavored. Together they were a nice combo, but I just felt like something was missing. A little agave or honey, perhaps?

-a&w root beer (170 cals)
-pesto chicken wrap (425 cals)
-water




Yep, again with the root beer. I can't help it! nomnomnom. Or uh...slurpslurpslurp? :-P

-mini toblerone chocolate (180 cals)



Damn Borders for putting all the best candy at the register lol. Nah, actually it was exciting. I rarely eat it, but toblerone is definitely my fave candy of all time. I was just SURE it would include gluten in the nougat or something, just so I couldn't have it, but nope! WOOHOO. Naturally I had to celebrate and have one, and c'mon it was only a mini! :). LOL @ my scarf and nails accidentally being so matchy matchy. How typical of me.

-1 cup arrowhead mills maple cereal (kinda meh) (170 cals)
-3 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk (15 cals)
-1 mini pack of raisins (40 cals)



I wish I could find the new Nature's Path maple cereal, but it doesn't seem to be in ANY stores around me yet. Boo. I have a feeling it's a lot better. Also, I wanted to have my cereal with regular cow milk, but since I'm getting slightly weary of dairy (*tear*) and didn't want to feel sick again, I went for the almond instead and barely noticed the difference. The bottom of the almond milk is a little messed up though and I spilled a cup or so full on the floor. I know there's no use crying over spilled milk (har har--not), but it's so annoying to clean up!!

I was intending to cook fish for dinner (with lentil rice pilaf), but was so tired + sick (when I got home anyway) + I would have probably ended up being the only one to eat it tonite. Kinda pointless. I'm thinking tomorrow, though. Yum. That's the second day in a row I've wanted to cook that rice. Maybe I'll get around to it one day, heh. I'm not going into the office tomorrow, so no excuses for me!

Soon after I ate the cereal my Mom was hungry, but couldn't think of anything gluten free she could make. I offered to heat up some leftover chicken from last nite and top it with a spinach/artichoke sauce we picked up at Target a week or so ago. There were 1.5 chicken breasts left, so I decided to eat the half sized one. I wasn't too hungry anymore thanks to the cereal, but thought I could use a little protein. The sauce? So good. (total=about 200 cals)




I felt mostly OK all day (tho still REALLY tired), but got a bout of acid reflux about 30 min or so after the chocolate. It didn't last as long as usual, but it still was NOT pleasant....:(

On a happy note: I've already lost FOUR lbs. Pretty awesome for not changing anything in terms of portion or calories. When I woke up I looked like I lost 10-20 too. Welllll, until I ate the yogurt and then I looked back to normal again lol.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What is your favorite candy?

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment