Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey Day (y mas)

November 26

-egg white frittata with a tomato sauce and a littleeeee side of fruit (a few grapes + a bite or two of honeydew)
-coffee x 2 or 3
-water
-small grapefruit juice





I REALLY wanted oatmeal (with bananas!), but apparently even tho they serve breakfast all day, some items, including the oatmeal are over at noon. We got there at 11:40, but were not seated until 12:20. LAME. That's the whole reason I went there! My breakfast was delish at least, but gave me a stomachache. I took a pepcid and was ok, thankfully. It was one of those pains where it could go either way: be quick and no big deal or get really bad. Yay for the former. Phew.

-typical thanksgivingness (picked at appetizers aka cheese plate, caprese salad, and spinach dip + 1 plate of food)
-2 glasses red wine






apple cider cranberry sauce with mandarin oranges and cointreau


Then I felt horribly sick from being WAY. TOO. FULL. and I went on a 20-25 minute walk around the block.

yay Christmas lights

I don't think I even ate that much, but I did eat off of a dinner sized plate and usually at home I eat off salad sized plates, so it was probably nearly double what I'm used to, oops. I did leave most of the mashed potatoes if that helps LOL.

-about 1/2 a glass of chardonnay
-a few bites of cheesecake (brownie and pumpkin) and a bite of pumpkin pie





My cheesecake and maple syrup-cinnamon whipped cream were HUGE hits. Yeaaaaah! IDK if anyone but me tried the pie. It was alright, not my best, but it worked. Then again I was still a bit sickly (theme of this post? or thanksgiving in general? lol), so maybe I just didn't really even properly taste it?

Then I came home (we had Thanksgiving at my aunt's) and ate a littttle more (a lil more turkey w/ cran sauce, a bite or two of stuffing, and a bite or two of sweet potatoes) and got SICKly full again. Whyyyyyy do I do these things?

I tried to remedy it, again, and went on treadmill this time (walked slooow @ 2mph) for 45 minutes, totaling my walking today to over 2 miles. Not bad. I was stuck watching bowling with my Dad while I walked, but what can ya do? :)

I was truly planning to do all gluten free, but I did have a smalllll portion of the stuffing just because it was there and I wanted to know what it tasted like. I think that's all though. I don't even like stuffing, so that was dumb, but my aunt's was pretty good. Oh yeah and two bites of the brownie cheesecake and one or two fried onions on top of the green bean casserole. I fail. But could have been WAY. WAY. worse.

I'm just glad Thanksgiving part 2 at my house is scheduled for Sunday and not tomorrow. I need a couple days to recover :).

my parents & lil Kendyll, of course

QUESTION OF THE DAY: what's your favorite thanksgiving food item? As a self proclaimed semi-foodie I am ashamed to admit, but mine is green bean casserole, fo' sho'. And I totally mean the kind made from canned green beans and condensed soup. Normally I avoid that kind of thing like the plague, but together? *angels sing* Ahhhh, heaven.

November 27

-roasted chicken (white meat)
-mashed potatoes and gravy
-yeast roll (must. stop.)
-half serving of baked beans
-lots of water
-water with emergen-c



My body is so tired of carbs and protein (poultry overload). My feelings from last nite have not changed: I need to go on a fruit and veggie overload for a couple days. Well, a day anyway, and then resume Monday. Sunday is kinda out since it's Turkey Day again. But I just feel so perma-full. Even when I'm hungry I still have that heavy, full feeling in the pit of my stomach. Blargh. I wonder if the small amounts of gluten are to blame? I knew I shouldn't have had the roll, but they gave it to me and they used to be my fave rolls EVAR, so I thought one wouldn't hurt for old times sake. Too bad it wasn't even good anymore. I should have stopped after a bite or two, but live and learn (and then get loves? jay kay). It seems like I complain when I eat aything though, so maybe gluten just has a bad rep. Still undecided at this point.

-iced tea

My Mom and I went to pay our last ever T-Mobile bill (Yeahhhh!!) and she had to go to the bathroom SO BADLY and the guy there wouldn't let her use hers, so she RAN over to a nearby mexican restaurant lol. She made me order a drink so she didn't seem rude for just using their restroom and leaving lol.

-2 vodka sodas
-small carribean salad with grilled shrimp (lettuce, mandarin oranges, pineapple, and 4 pieces of shrimp, kind of lame and sparse for being $9, but kinda good. I'd probably get it again. Maybe. it's the only salad there not covered in cheese, fried meats, etc.)
-5-10 or so chips with queso



My adopted sister, who I haven't seen in probably 8-10 years, came into town with her husband and we had dinner with them last nite. She was a manager at Chili's for years and years (she's an art teacher now), but for some reason the first restaurant that came to mind for my Dad to suggest we eat at was...Chili's. LOL. Her and her husband didn't eat though, so I guess they didn't have to be sick of it lol. I wasn't hungry either, but ordered the salad to scrounge up a few enzymes. Of course, AFTER I ate I started to get hungry. Isn't it weird when that happens randomly? Or is that just to me? Anyway, so I ate a few chips and then made myself stop. I felt like I could have eaten an entire entree AGAIN though. What?

-2 small slices of pumpkin cheesecake
-1 small slice of pumpkin pie
-glass of organic skim milk
-water



Once at home I tore into the desserts, natch. Of course, THEN I was sickly full and hurting, so I walked on the treadmill for 50 minutes. This time I switched back and forth between 2mph, 2.5, and 3. And my Dad had fallen asleep the previous nite, so he watched the SAME bowling show AGAIN and fell asleep again. I have the players scores memorized :-P. It was a match (is that what they're called in bowling? lol) from 1995 and spoiler, Norm Duke wins, LOL.

Still SO. FULL. even the next morning, as I'm posting this. Yeeesh. But walking does help.

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment