Monday, December 7, 2009

Cookie Addict

December 6


Lots of calories today, I'm afraid. I was on the move alll day today at least. But yeah, I shouldn't have been so nom nom nom-y, LOL. This was all over the course of like 16 hours, but still.

-half of a veggie egg white omelet with a tiny bit of feta (kinda oily and salty)
-the crispy tops of the hashbrowns with a lil ketchup
-2 corn tortillas with mixed fruit jam (yesss my fave jam, the places we've been going only have grape or strawberry--boring!)
-coffee x 2 or 3
-lemon water





I was hoping to go to a diff place for breakie, but we didn't have time, boo. We went to an old standby that we hadn't been to in awhile. It wasn't busy at all, but we had slow service and the food was only so-so. Disappointing!

-grapefruit juice mixed with spring water

-other half of omelet
-1 corn tortilla



-eggnog flavored tea with 4 drops liquid stevia (veryy sweet)
-nana's chocolate cookie bite with a dollop of honey peanut butter on top (meh, cookie=grainy. I wouldn't buy again)



-the rest of my gluten free pizza from last nite (still sooooo good)



Both times I ate it I got a stomachache, but luckily it only lasted like 5 min.

-about 85% of a tall eggnog latte



I was at Target and went to the in-store Starbucks intending to be healthy and get tea, but I saw the egg nog latte actually on their sign (I know all of the stores supposedly still make the drink this year, but since it's not one of their featured holiday specials I hadn't seen it on a sign this year), I took it as an actual sign that I NEEDED one lol. False alarm though, it wasn't very good. It tasted a little off, but maybe it was just me. Oh well.

-2 pieces of pesto tomato bread (gf) drizzled with white truffle infused olive oil



I was hungry when I made this, but not that hungry by the time it finished cooking like 15 min later lol, ugh hate when that happens! I still ate it though, oops. Didn't wanna be wasteful, but that was dumb. I did give my dad one big bite :-P.

-samples of the cookie dough I made to taste (not gluten free. I originally intended to make ALL gluten free cookies, but I couldn't find any xanthan gum today and didn't want to wait 'til tomorrow, so I just used regular unbleached organic flour)

-water

I made 48 cookies total (28 chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips + 20 almond sugar cookies with almond sugar icing), gotta get rid of a lot of those asap! It took freaking forever to do (stupid butter not getting soft enough!), but they seemed to turn out really well, yay. I wanted to make more tomorrow, but I think I'll wait 'til these are gone first? We'll see. I still want to make a pumpkin cookie of some sort, peanut butter cookies with mini chocolate peanut butter cups, and gluten free sugar ones made in Christmas shapes with cute icing designs! I found out the icing (pre-made) I wanted to use for the designs has wheat in it, ugh wtf, so I'll have to improvise.

While the cookies cooked I'd go on and off the treadmill. I did just over 1.5 miles today total, which took 30 min. Yep, I'm still taking it slooow. I was on an incline again. I finished around 3 am. I need help lol. I probably only burned like, what, maybe 100 calories :-P, but it's 100 I wouldn't have burned otherwise...

This just in: BREAKING NEWS: my brother found the cookies and said they're "frickin' amazing" and a 10/10, so YAY. I didn't really get to try them yet, but it makes the 3 hours they took all worth it.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: what's your favorite kind of cookie?

I'm torn between a really good, warm, gooey chocolate chip that's sliightly underbaked or those gluten free ginger ones I'm obsessed with. I used to hate cookies when I was little, too bad that changed lol now I loooove them.

Aaaaaand now it's after 4 am and I'm not even tired (and I only got 6 hours of sleep last nite). Again: what's wrong with me????

Maybe a pic of my sleepy girl will help? ;)



Before I went to sleep last nite (err this morning), she was UNDER the covers completely, this was when I pulled them back and got a surprise LOL she's so cute! This is why it's always necessary to have a camera nearby!

And here she is in her new Christmas pj's tonite! She loooves them. True story.

being a lil shy

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment