Thursday, December 3, 2009

Liquid Calories

December 2

-a few butternut squash oven fries (good, but didn't really crisp up enough and peeling one of these is kinda more work than it's worth)
-a small red potato cut into (oven) fries dipped in ketchup (excellent, but I seasoned them with a liiittle too much red pepper flakes)
-a few roasted tomatoes
-pomegranate iced tea




I was still a little hungry, but I told myself I had to work out before I ate anymore. Then, I was told I needed to be ready to run errands at 6, so I cut my run (err walk/jog) a little short in order to have time to shower. Turns out now we didn't leave until 6:45, but as usual I just said c'est la vie. I still got 31 minutes + 1.65 miles in. Better than sitting on my ass! I'm feelin' good.

-small bowl of multigrain puffins with organic skim milk and sliced banana



-half of a small raw chocolate tart with a liiiiitle bit of cookie dough peanut butter on top (yummmm)
-2 glasses of water



I thought I was going to have to go with 2 bowls of cereal, but all that was perfect. I was SO hungry.

I had planned on fish, sweet potato fries, and salad for dinner (and even had all of the ingredients), but I opened my big mouth and suggested my Mom and I stop in a restaurant for a drink and chips and salsa after grocery shopping and we just ate dinner there. Boo.

-2 vodka sodas with lime
-water
-chips and salsa
-spinach side salad (spinach, sunflower seeds, hardboiled egg, tomato, mushrooms) with a little ranch (SUPER GOOD)
-about half of my mom's black eyed peas
-1 bite of her burger (no bun--just meat and blue cheese)





We had prettttty much the most incompetent waitress of all time, but what can ya do? At least everything came out right eventually. It was just insane. She'd ask our order and we'd tell her, then she'd try and repeat it (but always be missing something), WHILE she wrote it down, then she'd repeat it back and still be missing something. Nothing was specialized or substituted or anything either. And I asked her three times and my Mom asked her three times for water to go with our cocktails. Yeah, no water. *pulls out hair* Luckily other waiters and waitresses kept coming by to check on us too or we would have been in trouble I'm sure :-P. I also asked her what came on the spinach side salad (since, in my experience, most come with bacon and blue cheese and I hate bacon) and she was like "um....spinach...maybe eggs?" Spinach on a spinach salad, really? :) OK I'll stop being mean. I made sure it didn't have bacon, and although she claimed it did not I was about 90% sure my salad would come covered in bacon. To my surprise (and delight!) it didn't and was pretty kick ass. Good to know for the future! Woot.

-small glass of thanksgiving wine
-2 raw cocoa macaroons
-water



-pear



I tried not to eat anything before bed, but I was toooo hungry and needed at least a lil sumthin' sumthin'.

I've been thinking-- I have got to start drinking more water and less other crap. But I doubt it'll happen anytime soon 'cause I have a fridge full of juice and all that. Hmm. More treadmill time? A thought to ponder another day, I guess.

Anyway.

'Nite

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment