Monday, March 22, 2010

Parsnips

March 22

-big bowl of organic strawberries with 2 tbsp liberte coconut yogurt and a big sprinkle of granola



-half serving of pei wei ginger broccoli tofu with brown rice
-mandarin orange iced tea with 3 orange slices



-the other half of the pei wei
-water

I wish I knew how they cooked their tofu. Love.

-salmon pinwheel stuffed with spinach, roasted red pepper, and feta cheese
-roasted parsnips with ketchup
-side salad w/ organic spring mix, tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper
-sweet tea
-sparkling red wine




I don't think I'd ever tried parsnips before. Not bad. Tasted like a cross between sweet potatoes and carrots, mostly sweet potatoes.

-weight watchers brand ice cream candy bar (aka "healthy" snickers, but still filled with preservatives)



The ice cream bar tasted great, but the ingredients are really off-putting. Like most things. *sad face* It would be so easy to make the exact same thing without all the crap, but I feel like I say that about everything. It didn't help that I was eating it during that new Jamie Oliver show. Love what he's trying to do.

-strawberries
-water



I wasn't particularly hungry, but I bought a huge tub of strawberries at Sam's Club on Sunday and have to finish them before I leave Wednesday. They were good with the yogurt this morning, but were bland all by themselves. I really don't like strawberries that aren't organic. They don't really taste like anything. Oh well.

Man, I really really need this get away. Is it Wednesday yet?

xo,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Love all the strawberries in this post! I am a huge berry lover, but usually wait till the summer to purchase, as organic ones get so expensive otherwise.
    9 weight loss

    ReplyDelete