Monday, July 12, 2010

Death to Ragweed

July 12

-2 egg whites on ezekiel tortilla with the last of the goat feta crumbles, pesto, greek olive hummus, and broccoli
-grapes
-the last 3 small sliced strawberries
-herba tussin tea with local honey & lemon juice
-water



I woke up with a bad sore throat & sinus drainage. I think that means our good buddy (read: ENEMY) ragweed is out. Excuse me while I curl up and die for the next month or so. K, Thanks.

The ONE time I got allergy tested they didn't get enough of a sample to test for ragweed. I can ASSURE them, ragweed is the ONE thing I truly am verrrrry allergic to (I came back as a tiny tiny tiny bit allergic to egg whites & mold, but nothing else). It would have been nice to have confirmation of that, because I want a reason, on paper, why I feel like this about twice a year. NOT. COOL. DUDES.

-cup of smores flavored coffee



-cherries
-broccoli with pine nut hummus
-ezekiel tortilla with pizza sauce, goat cheese, oregano, & basil






-venti vanilla rooibos hot tea (for my poor throat)



No one should have to feel crappy enough in the middle of Summer humidity to need hot beverages 24-7. It's just cruel. (OK, but still delicious)

-salmon/feta/roasted red pepper pinwheel
-2 bites of flounder cooked in (vegan) butter & lemon juice
-half of a corn on the cob
-brown rice
-side salad (organic mixed greens, organic baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cut up sweet baby peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, light ranch, black pepper)
-the rest of the tea





I. LOVE. THOSE. PINWHEELS. SO. SO. MUCH. The salad was extra good too.

I love eating like this in general. Everything is so delicious, but so natural and good for me. Yay. That's the way it should always be, huh?

-small nectarine
-super delicious mini vosges bar in Woolloomooloo (salted macadamia nuts, indonesian coconut, hemp seeds, and deep milk chocolate. mmmmm).
-bowl of fruit (organic strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries)






Organic strawberries are about, oh, 10,000 times tastier than nonorganic.

Random Pics of the Day:




Hey, it's probably just the angle, but for once my arms (well, arm) don't (doesn't...) look ginormo :-P

Bella Sandwich! :)



She positioned herself in between 2 pillows to go back to sleep, so the light wouldn't bother her eye, LOL she's so smart.

Body Bugg Stats:

Calories Burned: 2,242
Steps Taken: 7,399

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment