Thursday, July 23, 2009

...

Playing catch up. AGAIN. Been kinda busy working at the office more and not sleeping well. I got a $130 memory foam mattress pad and it actually HURT me. I've been fighting neck/head/back pain ever since. Fun. It also woke me up a bunch of times. I used it for 2 days and I think it's been 3 days since I took it off and I'm only now starting to feel sort of better (altho the pain kinda came back today...fun...). My friend told me about a product for pain and sleeping called the Cuddle Ewe (www.cuddleewe.com), but it costs nearly as much as my brand new mattress, so I'm undecided if I should get it or not. I probably will, but we'll see. Mostly I just want that nice, soft sinking feeling when I sleep. Aside from the foam ordeal, my new mattress seems to have helped with my back pain quite a bit and it is comfy, it's just not the-comfiest-bed-in-the-WORLD like I'm going for :-P.


Tuesday nite our office was invited to a special screening of the new indie film, Adam (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/adam/). Please go see it, you guys. It comes out either at the end of this month or in August, depending on where you live. Its success really depends on word of mouth and trust me, it deserves it. It was brilliant. It may be a little hard for people to understand who aren't affiliated in the Asperger/Autism world, but it's still a great story nonetheless. Hugh Dancy, Rose Byrne, and the director were all there as well. They did a Q&A for us after the film. Very cool.


Other than that not too much has been going on. Here's all of my food I haven't posted yet. I'm not going to do the calorie counts for the time being. I'll probably start that again soon, but for now this is fine. I'm also considering making some more dietary changes, but I want to discuss that in another post. Hopefully I'll get that one up later tonite. Stay tuned :).


July 18


-fancyish theatre lunch buffet (salad, various samples of pork/beef/fish/chicken, veggies, chocolate mousse, iced tea, black coffee, etc) (my Mom and I saw Chorus line, 4th row. Fantastic!)

-chocolate banana vivanno

-less than half of small greek salad

-gyro w/ fries and a few bites of penne pasta (I tried not to eat the pita part of the gyro--so much starch in that meal--but when I ate the second half later in the evening I caved)

-caramel tim tam cookie



July 19


-lots of black flavored coffee (approx. 3 diff cups....sampled 4 diff flavors--we ate at Cafe Brazil where they have a get it yourself coffee bar w/ 7 alternating flavors)

-veggie egg white omelet w/ feta

-wheat toast w/ jam

-half of a double fiber english muffin with jam

-fruit salad

-apple slices with choco chip cookie dough peanut butter

-side salad

-steak with A1 (about 3 oz?)

-organic baked potato w/ a lil butter and sour cream

-a little less than 1/2 piece of strawberry rhubarb pie

-bowl of cherries

-chocolate vitamuffin with choco chip cookie dough peanut butter (amaaazing. I seriously like chocolate vitamuffins as much or more than regular cake)



(the leftovers I finished up later)


July 20


-1 slice eziekel raisin toast (finally! I've been meaning to try this for months. It's realllly good)

-1/2 container liberte coconut yogurt with blueberries (also amazing, too bad the yogurt is 250 cals/container. doubt i'll be buying it again)

-half a panera turkey spin artichoke panini

-panera strawberry half salad w/ barely any ff poppyseed dressing (big disappointment. basically iceverg lettuce w/ canned/frozen fruit, blah)

-large black coffee (dark roast)

-random bites of stuff (a vegan cookie, a bbq chip, etc)

-just fruit salad (dehydrated fruit)

-grilled chicken breast w/ evoo, lemon juice, and dill (the chicken was fantastic. soo moist. kind of expensive...it was organic, free-range, blah blah, but worth it)

-cheddar broccoli risotto (not that great)

-brussel sprouts (made in the steamer bags. easyy)

-big bowl of cherries

-3 carob spirulina bites

-1/2 kombucha oolong sparkling tea



July 21


-cheese pizza (some high grain, high fiber one, but it ended up being pretty gross. back to kashi for me...)

-1 boneless honey bbq wing

-small sorbet/gelato mix

-1 shrimp spring roll in rice paper with peanut sauce

-beef pho (a little more than 1/2 of a large)

-organic cherries (rainier and sweet)



July 22


-1/2 a whole wheat pita filled with chicken, lil cheese, marinara, grape tomatoes

-peach

-1/2 an orange

-1/2 a ham, provolone, and cream cheese sandwich (it was my mom's. she usually only eats half a sandwich at a time anyway and I was still hungry. opted not to get my own, since I'd already eaten an hour or so before, but an hour later...starving. oops)

-low-fat dill chips

-large iced tea (wanted coffee, but they didn't have any and acted like I was crazy for asking. sorrrrry. :-P)

-small gelato

-about 1/3 of a medium sorbet my mom decided she didn't want

-1/2 kombucha oolong sparkling tea

-fortified penne with meat sauce (extra lean ground turkey with an organic mushroom marinara)

-2 or 3 just banana slices (dehydrated)

-hibiscus tea

-nectarine

-natural chocolate chip cookie




3 comments:

  1. HI - Here is where you can buy any size Cuddle Ewe for 25% OFF!
    Just search eBay for "New Cuddle Ewe" or
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CUDDLE-EWE-MADE-FIBROMYALGIA-MATTRESS-TOPPER-QUILT_W0QQitemZ160350781295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2555a6bf6f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandi - Yeah, sorry I probably should have warned you when I mentioned the Cuddle Ewe that it IS pretty expensive. I started hearing about it from other Fibro patients about 5 years ago, and I looked into it for like a year, but always put off the purchase because I thought it was too expensive. Then I had this period where my symptoms were flaring really bad, so I was just like screw it, I'll try anything to feel a little better. Honestly, it was worth the expense IMO. There is a huge difference for me if I sleep on another mattress without the Cuddle Ewe - I'll get pain in my hips and back especially. Plus I can fall asleep easier because I'm more comfortable. So you'll have to consider whether it's an expense that is worth it to you, but for me, if anything happened to mine, I'd buy it again without hesitation. And about the above comment - one good thing about buying the topper directly from the company is that they have a pretty long warranty period. I think it might be 60 days or something? But its so if you buy it and its not helpful to you, or what you wanted, you can get a refund on it. When I was purchasing, I considered trying to buy one from Ebay or somewhere else they might be cheaper, but in the end the warranty from the actual company seemed like it was worth paying more upfront. Other sellers probably don't do returns on this kind of item.

    Okay longest comment ever, but I hope that's a little helpful in your research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashley! I've still been in pain every day, so my Mom told me to stop feeling guilty about the price and she ordered it for me. It should be here any day now. I can't wait! She got it direct from the company for pretty much the same reasons you said. I just felt bad because I just got my mattress and now I'm still not comfortable, but I guess it's not really something I can help lol. And I'd have to say not hurting 24-7 is worth just about anything (within reason!), so as long as it works I know it's worth it. I'm glad to hear it's helped you so much.

    ReplyDelete