Monday, July 13, 2009

Gotta get back on track...so far not toooo bad.

For breakfast, which wasn't until nearly 1:30 pm (I slept 'til 12:30, shh), I had a mug of tea (eggnog tea, which is a mix of black and green tea with natural flavoring) with a delicious slice of Strawberry Rhubarb pie. I had never tried Strawberry Rhubarb until June of this year and now it's easily my fave pie flavor. YUMMY.



I laid in bed attempting to catch up on Youtube vids until about 4:30 when I neeeeded a little real food, especially protein. We're lacking groceries a lil bit, but there was still a few options to pick from. I made a turkey sandwich using a double the fiber english muffin (my favorite), all natural turkey, american cheese (I know, I know, but for some reason I like that orange monstrosity lol), spinach, & mustard. I also had 3 mini pickles and half a serving of parmesan and sun dried tomato rice chips. I'm finally getting some water down too. I've always been a good water drinker, but I probably should start tracking it again just in case.



For dinner I cooked a 12 bean and ham (well, canadian bacon...same thing) soup. Looks reallly tasty. OK, I sampled it a few times too. Shh. I also made a side salad to use up all of the leftover veggies, and roasted the broccoflower I bought last week. I'm not hungry yet though, even though it's nearly 8, since I've been eating at weird times today. I did have a glass of red wine at 7. Hey, I have to finish the bottle I opened a week or so again before it goes bad :).



I think I'm going to aim for 1600 calories for the next week or two. I want to get back down to 1400ish, but since I've been around 2,000 for awhile now (*sigh*), I don't wanna feel too deprived or whatever. To be honest, I don't want to cut back on the gelato/sorbet I've been obsessed with, but I do need to get myself in check somehow and I don't think that's the problem. I was doing so well before and everything was filling and delicious. I need to get back to THAT place. Lately I just feel hungry and run down. Can't just be a coincidence...especially since a lot of my diet seems to be consisting of sugar. Oops. Too many chemicals/preservatives for my liking, too. I don't mind letting myself have a few treats a day, but the majority of my diet? Not good...


I also just remembered that I bought some (priiicey) maca powder a month or so ago. I need to actually use it. Maybe that would help with a little energy? What else...


Anyway, now it's a lil after 8:30 and I'm eating dinner (yes, I eat sitting at my computer often :-x). Good stuff! I kind of inhaled it. Not very smart, but too late now. I also really wanted something sweet, but don't want my "real" dessert 'til later, so I just had 2 small squares of cadbury's crunchie dairy milk. YUM. In a little bit I think I'm going to have a chocolate tim tam Australian cookie and maybe dunk it in milk if we have any.



Also, my Mom and I are Big Brother addicts and we watch them on Showtime every nite from 11pm-2am. A couple seasons ago they were eating frozen grapes one nite and we thought that was an amazing idea and tried it ourselves right away. They're still one of our fave late-nite snacks and we almost always eat them during BB. So yeah, I'm also planning to eat a cup or so of those. MMM.


As you can kinda see, I want to incorporate more of my day into my blogs. I guess I picked a bad day to start since I did almost nothing LOL oh well.


So only an hour and a half later I'm already hungry again. I'm feeling really run down. I was tempted to eat a few cookies for the sugar rush, but instead opted for a natural, sweet snack--no processing required. I'm eating 2 clementines and 1 cut up red delicious organic apple. That was all I was planning on, but when I was cutting up the apple I noticed my collection of peanut butters and decided to add one tablespoon of the maple pb co one for (hopefully) a little protein staying power. Now, aside from the afformentioned grapes and a few more clementines, I think we're completely out of fruit. And aside from half a cucumber, a few onions, and a freezer full of, well, frozen veggies, we're out of vegetables as well. I'm planning to do a proper grocery haul on Wednesday, but I may need to supplement tomorrow. We'll see.



It's amazing how little energy I could have considering I spent the day in bed, online, watching tv, or any combination of the above. The most strenueous thing I did today was cook some soup. Sheesh!


Alright, sorry this is so scatterbrained, I just wrote a lil bit at a time all day. It's now about 11:30. I decided I didn't need the cookie and milk after all. I probably don't need the grapes either, but I may still have a cup just b/c they sound good and I'm not overly stuffed or anything. I took a pic, but I still left it in the freezer for now.



So here's the daily total...


-pie (360 cals)

-tea (0 cals)

-sandwich (225 cals)

-pickles (15 cals)

-chips (70 cals)

-red wine (100 cals)

-side salad (150 cals?)

-bean soup (150 cals)

-broccoflower (60 cals?)

-2 bites of chocolate (60 cals)

-2 clementines (70 cals)

-1 apple (80 cals)

-1 tbsp maple pb (90 cals)

-1 cup frozen grapes (60 cals) (?)


tentative total: 1490 calories



No comments:

Post a Comment