Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 15

Being boring with the old format today for the food stuff. I'm tired.


-7 vegetarian (veggie and tofu stuffed) potstickers w/ a sweet n sour sauce (165 cals)

-kashi thin crust spinach mushroom pizza (750 cals)

-bowl of organic fruit (rainier cherries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries) (140ish cals?)

-raw veggies with ranch (broccoli, cherry tomatoes, celery, and carrots) with a few tiny bites of turkey sausage (200 cals? stupid dressing lol)

-iced tea (0 cals)

-jasmine green tea (0 cals)

-leftover pf changs (mostly veggies, brown rice, and a little sauce) (350 cals?)

-coconut milk chocolate/banana/strawberry mini ice cream sandwich (100 cals)

-bite of a sesame cracker with brie (35 cals?)

-lil bowl of cherries (50 cals)


tentative total: 1790 calories



A few more calories than I want, but I'm excited about all the raw goodness. I need to eat that way more often! So good and so good for you. I always convince myself that I hate the "bursting" texture of cherry/grape tomatoes, but man I freaking love them!


Once again I ate at weird times today. I also can't control myself with those Kashi pizzas. I made it knowing I'd eat the entire thing. On the one hand, no one needs to eat an entire pizza, but on the other, if you're going to..that's the one to do it with. As you can see, the whole thing is 750 cals, plus it has tons of fiber, whole grains, etc. Definitely shouldn't be a daily thing tho. I actually was semi-proud, I only ate half for lunch, but then later on I ate the other half plus the bowl of fruit for a snack, so....kinda weird my lunch was smaller (aka more appropriate) than a "snack," but again, I'm such a grazer, especially lately, that it's hard to determine the difference between many of my snacks and meals anyway.


I might have mentioned most of this before, but just in case here's a little background info about me and where I am in life. I graduated college in May (well technically I get the diploma in August, but I'm not walking and my last class was in May), so I don't have a stable schedule to keep me on track. I am currently an online (health) food writer/columnist for a website, which I have mentioned (but I need to start posting my links for you guys to see!) and I also help out at my family's office. My Dad is a psychologist and runs/owns a practice where he also employs other counselors and my Mom (who is also a counselor, but is currently not practicing) is the Office Manager. I'm just kind of their go-to girl and do a little bit of everything. I only work verrry part time at the moment. Usually 1-3 days a week, and even then only half days. I also help out (with office stuff) at home, but yeah...everything I do is basically on my own terms. It's nice, but I am definitely not financially sustainable if I wanted to move out (which I don't, at the moment, but one day of course. I have lived on my own twice, but living with my family works good for now and is mostly by choice). We're attempting to turn the majority of the practice into a nonprofit organization, so if that pans out (which it should), I'll have a LOT of responsibility. My Dad has me set up to be the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and I'll also be a board member for the nonprofit. Exciting times if it all goes according to plan, so keep your fingers crossed with me.


But yes, my point in telling you all this, is that I think part of the reason my eating is so chaotic is because my life is. I thought once I graduated I'd have more time to work out and focus on eating better, and I do, but it doesn't always happen that way.....


I'm all for spontanaity and dealing with change, but I think I do need to create some sort of schedule for myself just so I'm not habitually setting myself up for disaster later on. I just can't figure out where to start. Right now I'm trying to rid myself of clutter like I touched on yesterday, so hopefully I can accomplish that and then make everything else fall into place. But I want to be more proactive. Even if everything does happen for a reason, fate can only take you so far....you have to do the rest to get yourself where you want to be, ya know?


Got a lot to think about and even more to work on.


xo,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment