Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16

Woke up around 12:30 today....didn't eat 'til just after 1. Pie and tea sounded good again. Normally I wouldn't eat pie so often, in fact I almost never eat it, but I'm pretty much the only one eating it (my Dad takes bites here and there, but he was recently diagnosed w/ Diabetes, so he's really not supposed to....) and I don't want it to go bad. My Mom has pneumonia and asked me to make her lunch 'cause her medicine makes her really hungry (she's normally not a big eater, but keeps requesting tons of food lol), so while I did that I snacked on a bowl of watermelon and organic strawberries. Yum.



I'm watching Grey Gardens right now. It's been on my DVR since April. I knew nothing about it and wasn't that interested, but for some reason felt compeled not to delete it. It's WAY WAY different than I expected. Pretty good so far. I thought it was more of a period piece for some reason.


I can't wait until Big Brother tonite. I'm soo nervous! What a dork :).


For an afternoon snack I had some more watermelon. Now it's a little after 5 and I just nuked a smart ones breakfast sandwich. It's the egg mcmuffin clone. I remember buying these before and not being that impressed, but it's actually tasty. It's on a real chewy sourdough english muffin with egg whites (why they are yellow, however, is a bit bafflesome), cheese, and canadian bacon. Not sure how they keep it so low-cal though. I haven't had a chance to check the ingredients yet, but I suspect chemicals and preservatives are to blame. Hopefully not tho. Sigh! I kinda want to eat two of them lol, but I'll give myself a good half hour or so to see if I feel full yet (and if not I won't eat another anyway, just maybe some more fruit or veggies or something)


Yeah, I was still hungry. Didn't eat tho. At 6:30 I had a few apple slices. Still hungry again, but trying to hold out 'til dinner. No idea what to have. Don't really wanna make anything big 'cause we have leftovers already, but I don't want any of said leftovers so...hmm. Maybe a tofu and veggie stir fry...that sounds pretty good.



Man, Big Brother.....what a ridiculous season. They usually are, though. Worst case scenario x 2. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.


While watching I had another smart ones. Kinda weird since I rarely eat frozen dinners, but whatever. Sodium overload kinda, but I'll live. I had the potatoes/broccoli/cheese one. What a random combo. Seems like more of a side dish than a meal, but it wasn't bad. Thennn for "real dinner" I decided on a veggie burger instead, so I opened up a box of some Amy's ones I'd never tried and put that, a slice of cheese, and some veggies and mustard on one of my beloved double the fiber english muffins. Too many carbs today, but oh well. I definitely say "oh well" in regards to my food choices a little too often I've noticed lol. Anyway, I also served that with some more raw veggies and ranch. I put some of the nasty pasta salad I made my Mom today (out of a box, full of nasty preservatives and crap) on my plate, but only had a few bites. Wasn't worth stuffing myself silly on something that's not "real food" anyway. Sure it was easy to make, but it would have taken approx. the same amount of time to make a fresh pasta salad and not only would it have been healthier, but I'm sure it'd taste wayy better too. I think I'm slowly getting through to my Mom about that, but we'll see. She has been trying, I'll give her that.



I wanted something sweet as usual, but don't like to eat my dessert 'til a little later, so I'm drinking some lemon gingerbread tea for the moment. The liquid should help keep me full too. IDK why I seem perma-hungry lately! All Summer, really.


For dessert, at 10:30, I had a bowl of Breyer's coffee ice cream topped with some trader joe's whole grain chocolate filled cereal that I kinda crushed up. Suuuuuch a good combo!



Was looking forward to more watermelon....cut into the second slice, as we finished the first this afternoon. The second one is an epic fail. The first was sweet, refreshing, everything a watermelon should be lol. This one was kinda mealy and ughh. Disappointing. I ate like 2 bites and then pulled out some grapefruit I found lurking in the fridge. It's in one of those pre-portioned containers. You can't taste it at all, but it says it's packed in light syrup. Gross! Looks like water/juice to me. Which it should be, ugh. I poured it out, but I'm sure some is still on the fruit.


Aaaaaand now it's 11:40 and I'm drinking...more tea. The chocolate hazelnut by Stash. It's not as good as I imagined it to be, but still good. Smells nice too. I'm still kind of hungry (WHY?!), but no need to eat any more. Time to finish up this youtube video and watch Big Brother After Dark! Then bed if I'm smart. Which I may or may not be lol.



-1 piece pie (360 cals)

-watermelon and strawberries (60 cals?)

-black tea with a tiny pinch of raw sugar (5 cals?)

-watermelon (50 cals?)

-smart one's egg mcmuffin (210 cals)

-apple slices (70 cals)

-smart one's potato/broccoli/cheese (240 cals)

-veggie cheeseburger (300 cals)

-raw veggies and ranch (130 cals?)

-pasta salad (50 cals?)

-ice cream and cereal (200 cals?)

-grapefruit and watermelon (100 cals? ridiculous. damn syrup)


tentative total: 1775 calories


So basically I had a mix of raw foods and fake foods :-P


I love how Breyer's doesn't use artificial ingredients in their ice cream. It's so good and fairly low-cal too. I noticed in the Haagan Daaz ice cream they usually don't, but I bought a frozen yogurt recently and it's got high fructose corn syrup in it. EW WHY? So unncecessary! And of course Haagan Daaz has twice the calories, so even their all natural products are fatty. (but oh so delicious lol. Their coffee ice cream will forever be my fave, but I have to say...breyers comes pretty close! and for half the cals...)


Kinda random it's over 100 degrees every day and suddenly I'm a hot tea-aholic, but that's what a/c is for, right? lol

2 comments:

  1. The TJ's cereal bites sound really good. I'm gonna look for them next time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really good! Kinda high-cal for cereal tho. I think about 250 cals a serving. Totally worth it :). They also make a strawberry filled one. I bought that one too, but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete