Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dinner & A Movie

January 29

-bowl of hemp oatmeal with 1/3 of a large banana mashed in, a little cashew butter, and a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk topped with chopped pecans & bits and pieces of the new batch of protein granola bars
-a small iced coffee made with skim milk (only drank about 2/3. Don't quite think my body was ready for that much caffeine and dairy yet).




My dumb ass stayed up 'til 6:30 am (omg), so I decided to forgo work (was only going to go in briefly anyway, but still) AND my massage to go back to sleep. I haven't had a massage in about 2 weeks. I usually get 2 a week, so you know I was tired. I'm kind of pissed I slept 'til nearly 3 again. I know I'm sick, but it's just getting embarassing. I can't seem to convince myself that there are only so many hours in a day. And it's not like I'm even getting anything productive done for the most part. I was just watching all my dvr'ed tv shows & then still wanted time to read my Sookie Stackhouse book. Both of which are perfectly fine pastimes, but seriously, I could have stopped at show 2 or 3, didn't have to watch every single one and THEN read. I have no priories, sorry-to-say. Maybe one day. Maybe. OK, probably not. What can I say? I'm a tv (and book...and internet...) girl!

I guess the plus side of that is I didn't go out to lunch, so I made a healthy brunch at home :-P.

-a few bites of caesar salad (including a whole anchovy, ahh. I've had, personally cooked with, and liked anchovy paste, but the actual anchovy is a little too strong for me. I'm not a salt person. But I have always wanted to try one, so yay for that)
-about 2 or 3 oz of filet mignon
-about 1/4 of a loaded baked potato (forgot to say just sour cream when ordering. I did take the bacon off, because bacon is gross, but I went ahead and left the cheese)
-a TON of water

pictures came out too dark

As you can see I've pretty much lost most of my appetite again. BUT, a month or so ago our favorite local steakhouse sent me a $25 off coupon, as they do from time to time for e-mail members, and today was the last day to use it. We were tired + sick, but couldn't pass that up! Their entrees are about $20-50ish, so it was like getting a free steak (we usually go for the $27-35ish ones, so basically a free meal). I felt kinda cheap for ordering the cheapest, smallest (but, imo, best!) steak, no alcohol, no appetizers, etc, but oh well. It still ended up being a $100 meal for three of us (3 meals, 1 soda, and 1 salad) when all was said and done with a 20% tip, so I guess it's still not exactly a bargain. But yeah, my stomach hurt, so I just ate enough to make my mouth satisfied without doing further damage to the tummy. Darn antibiotics. I think I'm going to have to skip tonite's dose. No way can I ate anything else and I'm too scared to chance taking one on an already hurting empty stomach.

We had reservations for the main dining room, but usually end up just eating in the bar for the piano music, half priced appetizers, and $2 off cocktails, but the bar was pretty full and we'd have had to sit on stools. I wouldn't have minded, but I was sort of dressed up and since we didn't go for apps or drinks anyway, it was nice to be in the fancier, quieter room. I definitely want to go back soon just for martinis and/or wine, crab cakes, and shrimp cocktail. Ooh and the crab & lobster dip. And maybe the homemade bleu cheese and brie chips. Drool. Can you tell I love that place? They also had a red snapper that sounded amazing, and it was only $22, but I always leave their disappointed if I don't go for the steak, so of course I did just that.

Anthropologie Cavorting Canines dress + Anthropologie Road Not Taken boots. & yes I know kissy faces are extra douchy, but I can't help it, they're my fave.

After dinner we went to see It's Complicated, which was really entertaining. Oh, and in between the restaurant and movie I picked up the second Sookie Stackhouse book. I only have half a chapter left in the first and couldn't bare to wait. So good. I know I jumped a little late on board the True Blood train, but as long as I made it who cares? :). LOVE. Except the Mary Anne storyline. That got old FAST. But otherwise, I'm obsessed. And I hear it's different (and shorter-yes!) in the book anyhow, so I'm excited to see. I ordered books 3 & 4 on Amazon, so hopefully they'll come before I finish 2. I did try to get them from my library, but there is a hold and I just can't wait. What's $10 or so dollars a book anyway? Reading is good. :). Part of me wishes I read the books first, out of curiosity for how I would have pictured all the characters. But then again the other part of me has a fun time re-picturing each episode with each chapter I read. Catch 22 I suppose.

-homemade hot chocolate topped with ricemellow cream, light whipped cream, and a tinnnnnny drizzle of agave



OK OK, so I did chance it with a little dessert, but it's really cold out and I wanted a fun way to warm up. Sue me! I made the hot choc with organic skim milk and one of the many ingredients was a little protein powder, but otherwise it was prob not very healthy. At first I was going to use diet hot chocolate packets and just have fun with the toppings, but then I figured why not go all out and added everything but the kitchen sink :). It was good! I think I'm likin' ricemellow cream. I'd never had it before. Very rice krispie treat-ish. I'm pleasantly surprised I didn't feel bad after drinking this *knock on wood*

OK, I spoke too soon :(. About 30 min later I got bad acid reflux. Whyyy me? It went away right before I thought I was gonna have to throw up. But it still hurt pretty badly. Ugh.

And just call me Miss Indecisive, but I think I'm going to transfer the other posts (or maybe not) and just make this blog a food and fashion one and not worry about keeping up with two. The more I think about it, the more unnecessary two blogs seems. *shrug*

&, I really want to jazz up and personalize this page. If only I had any ideas lol. I'm going to play around with things for a little bit. It'll be a work in progress, so if it looks crazy, trust me, I know. I'm working on it :).

xo,
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment