Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 9-11

January 9

-salad (mixed greens, mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, yellow and red grape tomatoes, feta cheese, homemade pesto potato salad, 1.5 chicken tenders cut up, roasted sunflower seeds, light ranch)
-pom juice mixed with lemon sparkling water



-a bite or two of spinach artichoke dip

-homemade iced coffee (4 oz hazelnut iced coffee mixed with 4 oz organic skim milk + ice cubes with 4 drops of english toffee liquid stevia)
-half of a gf sesame bagel with gingerbread cream cheese




Why are gluten free things so caloric? Just HALF the bagel is 220 cals. I know bagels are notorious for being high-cal anyway, but grocery store bagels usually aren't that big. C'mon! The cream cheese is fantastico tho. MMM.

-2.5 chicken tenders with tomato sauce and parm cheese
-side salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, peanuts, crushed sun chips, safflower oil + lemon juice + a hint of agave)
-spinach artichoke dip scooped up with sun chips
-iced tea slightly sweetened i think (my cousin made it, so not sure)





-mango macadamia kind bar



-1 lean beef taco w/ a lil tiny bit of cheese and sour cream
-pom juice mixed with lemon sparkling water




I prepared 2 tacos, but my dogs got ahold of one. Oh joy.

-ice cream sundae (triple chocolate ice cream, strawberries, a cut up banana, chocolate syrup)



I really just wanted to have a frozen yogurt with candy and unhealthy stuff on it, but no extra food or anything, but instead we were stuck babysitting and pulled into drunken drama 'til 1:30am or so, and I got hungry and the yogurt place closed at midnite, and it was just a mess. Makes me appreciate my life much more. No abuse, alcoholism, screaming babies, etc.

So yeah. It was kind of the nite from hell, but I'm scarily starting to get used to other people's drama and I'm almost immune to it. Or at least getting better about separating other people's problems and lives from my own and I can offer support or whatever, but I don't need to get myself personally invested, when it doesn't deal with me, ya know? I feel very sad for my cousin and her situation, but honestly, we said we'd babysit during the football game (7pm-10:30, more or less--we got to her place around 6:15pm), which I assumed was understood...when the game is over....they come home. Not so much. A little after 11 my cousin said they'd be another hour if that was ok. We said 30 minutes would be better and didn't hear from them again until my cousin walked in the door closer to 1:30 am with mascara stained tears and stories of a broken windshield her boyfriend punched into her car. Sad and scary stuff.

Boy was I ever glad to crawl into my bed that nite. I didn't think it would ever come.

And I was also glad this little lady had a safe nite, b/c it was a lil touch and go for awhile there. She was coughing and screaming all nite, she must have known something was up



January 10

-coffee
-half a bowl of coffee-peanut butter-banana smore oats (1 or 2 marshmallows cut up, a dollop of chocolate chip cookie dough peanut butter, a dollop of chocolate hazelnut spread, half a banana, a crushed gluten free graham cracker, and a little bit of my coffee)
-2 egg omelet with herb grilled chicken, velveeta, and spinach artichoke dip
-2ish pieces of bacon...I don't even like bacon, it was just there (well, there because I made it, doh, but not for myself originally...)


tasted better than it looks


Feel free to read my short little oatmeal toppings article if you want more oatmeal ideas, most of mine are pretty common sense to us bloggies tho.

Two weeks in a row and no Sunday breakfast outings? The horror! I was all ready to go, but my Dad had a hurt neck (for the 2nd or 3rd day in a row) and it took a turn for the worse, so I went all out and made us a nice breakkie at home instead. Disappointing, but still super tasty and much needed for the little extra comfort my Dad had.

Thennnnnn, his pain got worse & my Mom insisted we take him to the ER clinic where we remained for....4+ hours. Well, he did. My Mom and I left for an hour and a half or so to pick up his prescriptions and some dinner. They kept doing all these heart and blood tests on my dad, all which came back fine, thank god. But such a waste of time. Better safe than sorry tho. But as he knew all along....just a pulled muscle in his neck. Painful, but (basically) harmless. He's already much much better tho, so yay.

-about 80% of a single serving bag of funyuns



yeah yeah....I was at the drug store and needed fast sustenance! No gluten at least (not then anyway...keep reading...)

-cheeseburger
-cajun fries
-about 1/3 of a bottle of coke
-iced tea (90% unsweet topped off with 10% sweet)





we passed a new 5 guys burgers & fries. I'd only ever been once before, but remembered really liking it, so decided to eat there, despite the recent resurfacing of gluten intolerance-type symptoms. Luckily, I actually felt OK after. Now, I remembered REALLY liking the fries, but surprisingly I thought they were a liiiiitttle too spicy/seasoned, but loved the burger. What's going on with me, former Miss Anti-Burger, lately? Who am I?

-1 tim tam cookie



January 11

-dried cherries



desperation food. Only thing we had in the car pretty much. Didn't get a chance to eat 'til 3:30pm today. MUST stop doing that, even occasionally it's making me ill.

-half of a piece of (super tasty) naan
-a few bites of basmati rice
-a few bites of chicken tikka masala
-a few bites of cucumber salad
-few bites of dal
-few bites of saag (I think that's what it was)
-mango lassi
-a few sips of an americano with a splash of soy










too.much.food. Which I no longer have to worry about, 'cause my dogs tore into the leftovers. How they liked it (it was really spicy), I'll never know. I hope they don't get tummy aches. I'm not too torn up about it, but I did want the cucumber salad oddly, lol. Oh well. It hurt my stomach a lil, but I don't know if it was the caffeine, gluten, or the fact that I waited 'til 3:30pm to eat...sigh. I didn't even eat that much, just got overwhelmed w/ the variety! I wasn't even going to eat the naan (aka gluten source), but it came w/ the meal and....it was pretty much the best plain naan ever. Curses!

-1 chicken flauta
-about 5 chips dipped in queso with sour cream
-1 mambo taxi (basically a small frozen margarita topped off with sangria)
-water





Had made plans to meet w/ my cousin Blake for dinner, but wasn't sure if it'd end up happening. Turned out he wanted to meet at 6. I was still stuffed at that point, but picked at my Mom's appetizer towards the end of the meal.

-1 dark lindt chocolate truffle
-1 mini-mini toblerone chocolate (something like...30 cals each. wow).



-bowl of gluten free frosted flakes with a banana sliced in (cereal was weird tasting. Basically they were not ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrreat :-P)



-kale chips
-water



I'm still a little off on cooking kale chips I think, but I'm staaarting to get the hang of it.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my ridic juice detox. My Dad found a recipe for a 24 hour detox in Woman's World (his fave magazine, no joke) and I'm just doing it with him for "fun," curiosity, whatever you want to call it. I mean, let's be honest here, basically we're just starving ourselves for a day and losing a little water weight that will be back by, oh, Wednesday nite, but y'know. Why not? :-P

I also have a busy day tomorrow and have to be up in like 6.5 hours, so wtf am I doing? *sigh*

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment