Monday, January 25, 2010

I Hate Acid Reflux

January 24

Yep, that sandwich was a HORRIBLE idea last nite. I didn't go to sleep 'til 4 am and I woke up (after another crazy dream) a little after 9 in horrible pain. My arch nemesis Acid Reflux was back. Ugh. I didn't throw up like I usually do, but it still was No. Fun.

-about 90% of a strawberry, banana, and apple juice smoothie
-2 small crepes filled with a little chocolate ricotta and topped with strawberries and chocolate syrup
-about 1/3 of a side order of potatoes w/ ketchup (bland, slightly undercooked)
-water







The waiter tried to get me to try a different type of fruit crepe, as he said surprisingly the one I ordered isn't very sweet at all. What? How is chocolate syrup not sweet? LOL. I went ahead and got them anyway, and yep. Very sweet. But not too sweet. Pretty good stuff. I'm a crepe-whore, after all. I didn't order coffee myself, and they even had flavored coffees, including my favorite: hazelnut. *tear* But I didn't want to make myself too acidic again. I took a sip of my dad's and it was so good. Next time. We went to an old favorite that we hadn't been to in years. Love that place. Gotta keep it fresh in my mind.

It was a little touch and go for a moment there with me thinking the acid reflux was coming back, but luckily the feeling faded pretty quickly.

Now I'm craving fruit smoothies. I want another one. Good thing the store I'm going to tonite to buy some groceries makes fresh smoothies. Yay vitamins and minerals. I definitely need more fruits and veggies. I hate how I've been too tired to eat "real food" and have relied on so much takeout.

BTW, I knew that "weight gain" had to be a fluke. Last nite, AFTER eating dinner, drinking lots of water, etc. I decided to weigh myself again. Stupid, I know. I figured I'd be up wayy more (falsely, obviously, with all that weight in my stomach), but I was down a pound. So I'm sure those 5-ish fake pounds that showed up the other day are probably gone now. Let's hope. :).

I painted my nails out of boredom at some point. Normally I am like a toddler who can't stay in the lines, but I did pretty good this time. I even added a glitter coat. I'm a little obsessed w/ the way the color turned out. LOVE.

even brighter and prettier in person

-1 gluten free cheddar biscuit



I went downstairs to find something healthy to tide me over until I could get to my second smoothie. Instead I spied the biscuit. Oops. I hadn't eaten in houuurs and needed something. I guess this is something. :-P.

-about 90% of a smoothie with strawberry, banana, peaches, and pineapple juice



Not nearly as good as the morning one, but passable. A little bland.

-8 Burger King chicken tenders w/ bbq sauce
-a couple handfuls of light caramel corn
-3-4 bites of the last of my Mom's container of Ben & Jerry's (there wasn't room for this in the freezer after I put in the new groceries, so I had to do my part ;))






got a lil Acid reflux again :(.Not nearly as bad as before, but it still counts. And I ate that right after I said I was done with crap. My brother wanted BK and I never eat there and was really hungry again. I used to LOVE their tenders, but they must have changed the recipe. Not good. I don't know why I ate them all. Especially because I was aiming not to eat meat for a day or two to give my tummy and digestive system a little break. Oops again.

I took my pill about an hour after I ate, hopefully enough food was in my stomach. After all that crap I downed, surely it was fine. I just couldn't bear to eat anymore. I would have just taken the pill at the time I finished the food, but I guess I hadn't realized it was already (basically) late enough.

SO tired. 5 hours of sleep, especially when sick, just does NOT cut it.

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment