Thursday, January 21, 2010

& Now A Pulled Neck...

January 20

Not only am I STILL sick, but I also seemed to have pulled a neck muscle last nite. Fabulous. Yet another day of bed rest was in order....

-candy cane lane tea
-small plate of a few bites of roast beef, mac n cheese, squash casserole, mashed potatoes, turnip greens, and mac & cheese
-xxx low cal vitamin water




I've mentioned this before, but just for reference, I almost always eat off of small salad plates.

I watched Requiem For a Dream today for the first time. I've been meaning to see it ever since it came out, but never got around to it. I felt depressed for about an hour after it ended. What sad lives some people lead. Fiction or not, that sort of thing really does happen. Horrible.

-spelt tortilla with ham, turkey, mixed greens, and dijonaise
-frozen peaches
-1 raw chocolate coconut ball
-the rest of the vitamin water

I had to send my mom to the store solo and she had trouble finding some of my requests, especially the tortillas. I know spelt isn't gluten free (not that the macaroni was either....), but it's supposedly easier on the digestive system than most other forms of wheat and it was the best she could do. At least they're yeast-free, which is my big focus again. At least for now. I guess Whole Foods moved around products since I was last there (um, 10 days ago...) and she couldn't find my usual brown rice tortillas (that I've been eating before I even started watching my gluten, actually). Boo. She also got me mini gf corn tortillas that looked homemade and amazing, but I took one bite and they were beyond dry and not appetizing. Bummer.

I felt so bad: my list had less than 10 items on it and it took her about hour to find them all since they were so specific. I really appreciated it though!



I used to be obsessed with eating frozen fruit for snacks, peaches especially, and got the random craving again. Well, really I just wanted more (frozen) grapes, but oddly they don't seem to sell pre-packaged frozen grapes, so while I waited for her to bring me my own grapes to freeze, I figured these would do for tonite.

-2 more raw chocolate coconut balls



I started to crave sugar again and remembered these little, delicious suckers. 5 grams of sugar per serving, which I'm pretty sure is approx. 2 balls. Not too shabby.

-more frozen peaches

xo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment