Monday, May 4, 2009

Food and Exercise (!!!) 36


A lil disheveled after run numero uno :)

-banana cheerios in almond milk (165 cals)

-brown rice wrap with pesto chicken salad and hummus (320 cals?)

-medium skim iced latte with blueberry flavoring (well, I asked for skim, I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't, but I'm probably wrong. I get paranoid about that a lot lol) (135 cals?)

-1/2 bowl of tempeh, tofu, veggie stir fry in a peanut sauce with soba noodles (340 cals)

-water (over 100 oz) (0 cals)

-1 organic chocolate truffle (55 cals)

-pineapple + frozen grapes (90ish cals)


tentative total: 1105 calories




Exercise: 


40 min jogging on treadmill (10 min @ 3.3mph &10 min @ 4.0mph//20 min @ 3.5mph)


YES I WORKED OUT. For real. WHAT? I was tired of my ass just sitting in a chair all afternoon, so I alternated b/w walking and running (yes, 4mph is pretty much running for me. I'm very slow lol), so I jumped on our treadmill. I promised myself just 20 minutes (but usually when I say that I go beyond it) and 20 minutes is what I did. UNTIL a couple hours later I thought why not just go again? I was in the mood, so what could it hurt? So I kept a stable, in between pace this time (alternating between speed walking and jogging, but keeping the same treadmill speed) and did another 20. Both times I did this I had the treadmill set on a slight incline. I hate to say it, but for a minute there the second interval of going 4mph (I split them up into 5 min sections) was a little rough. I wanted to quit early and go back to 3.3, but I didn't let myself. My chest hurt and I was home alone, so I was hoping it was just asthma and I wasn't going to die of a heart attack with no one around (yes, that's the kind of stuff I think about....), but surprise. I made it :-P. 


IT FELT SOOOOOO GOOD. I hope I keep it up! It's always interesting to me how the first workout after a hiatus (no matter how short) is either hellacious or amazing. Yay for amazing. I was DRIPPING sweat the first time. Gross. 



Haha SO not flattering, but you can see some of the sweat on me & this is AFTER I splashed water on my face and upper chest/neck area (and dried it..)


Oh, and I was wrong. I did lose weight. Only 1.2 I think, but I'll take it! I'm hoping if I work out and eat well consistently this week I'll drop a bigger number (I'd be happy with 3, but would really like 5-6 lol). 


Tomorrow, being Cinco De Mayo, is going to present some problems, but nothing out of control. I think I'm going to hit up Friday's after school. I have a coupon for free chips and queso/salsa/guac. They're also unveiling a new blackberry margarita I'd like to try. If I eat a good breakfast and light snack for "lunch" like I'm planning, hopefully a handful of chips and dip and a marg won't do too much damage. I'll keep my actual dinner quite light and if I partake in more than one alcoholic beverage I'll balance it out with water + stick to vodka and club soda after the initial marg (it's my fave anyway..) and not have a ton at that. It's dangerous territory for weight loss, but it's real life and real life is about making better choices, not rearranging your life. Kinda. I know I don't have to go, but..I want to. :). 


You may have seen in my Youtube video today that I bought sunbutter which is a nut/seed butter made from sunflower seeds. I can't wait to try it tomorrow! 


I still can't believe how little meat I've been eating, how little I've missed it (not that I'm trying to ever completely give it up), and how I'm still getting seemingly adequate amounts of protein without even trying. Nice!


This blog has really helped me a lot too. Sure, I haven't had any major losses yet (well, I did lose the 4 or 5 or so the first week if I'm not mistaken), but I definitely think "would I want to write this down?" before I eat anything. Very good for me. 



XO,

Amanda


BTW, almond milk is pretty good! A litttle sweet (but I vaugley remember hating the unsweetened chocolate, so I can deal w/ a little sweet), but overall tasty. Maybe I'll like it even more with a blander cereal, since the banana cheerios are already sweet. Yay for trying new things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment