Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Food and Exercise 37


-hemp oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (260 cals)

-a few chips with guac/salsa (and a tiny bit of this disgusting thing they tried to pass off as queso, but besides looking like cheese dip the similarities ended there) (255 cals?)

-a giant "cosmo" margarita made w/ patron and a splash of cranberry juice (guessing 600 cals? could be way off either way)

-1 and 3/4 regular margaritas (300ish cals)

-1 vodka soda (60ish cals)

-part of an order of calamari (175 cals?)

-small greek salad (200 cals?)

-activia light blueberry yogurt (70 cals)

-water (over 100 oz) (0 cals)


tentative total: 1920ish calories


So, I lied last entry. I did have more than one margarita. Oops. If it makes you feel any better a couple hours later I got a killer headache that last all nite. Sigh. 


What happened was, we went to Friday's and I was looking forward to it all day. It SUCKED. Their emails/website said you'd be greeted at the door with some mardi gras flair and appetizers were 5 cents each from 4-7 and the new blackberry margarita was making its debut, we had that coupon I told you about for the free chips and dips etc. Sounded like a pretty good plan, right? Ugh, or not. The dips were seriously TINY, which I don't care about (hey, it's free), HOWEVER it took like 30 minutes to get to us. WTF? The place was DEAD and it's not like any of it had to be cooked! My Mom joked that they probably went to the mexican place nearby and asked for their rejected food. The chips were really stale too. Plus, they didn't even have the margarita! Well, I didn't ask, but it wasn't advertised (a blackberry long island iced tea was, but that's it. Weird...). My Mom encouraged me to ask, but with our horrible service already I wasn't very enthusiastic. I figured at best they'd just offer to make up a blackberry marg recipe, so I decided to just try the cosmo one. A little sweet for my tastes, but it was pretty good. Since the chips took FOREVER the manager came by and told us dessert was on her. Sweet! (no pun intended). We were planning on getting the pumpkin cupcakes to go anyway. I felt kinda weird tho since neither of us were that hungry we decided not to order anything else, so all we were paying for is the drinks. Oh well. OH, and they kept telling us appetizers were half off for mardi gras. UM, they're half off for happy hour every day??? The email said 5 cents! I heard the people at the table in front of us ask about that and their (good) waiter had to check it out (WTF? how do they not know any of this?), but they, of course, honored it. My Mom wanted to get some at this point, but I felt kinda cheap already haha idk I shoulda taken advantage of it, but I didn't want to wait even longer, so I suggested we move the party elsewhere :-P. (And just as an FYI, the cupcakes were tiny too. No wonder they give you two to an order! I gave my brother one and told my Dad he could have a BITE of the other. Yeahhh....he ate most of it and ALL the frosting. Rude!).




After a little deliberation we decided on this margarita bar/restaurant called Red's. They're kinda shifty w/ their prices (their website lists happy hour margaritas as $3...yet when you go there they say $5.... and 3/4 of the time they charge you full price anyway. WTF?), so my Mom asked the owner about it (since we found out he was sitting right behind us) and ugh she was already tipsy and was just being loud and crazy and embarassing me lol. It's a long story all she said, it was funny but sooo unnecessary and just..god...WHY? haha. On the way there I was hungry, but once again, as also happened at Friday's, once I sat down I just wanted a drink, didn't feel like I needed much food. My Mom had no idea what she was doing (half tipsy half hyper, apparantly), so she ordered guacamole and forgot about it lol b/c it was only $2 or so on happy hour (usually $8!), so I couldn't resist the calamari ($3! usually $10, I think). BAD!!! She also got a hamburger, but we ended up taking most of the food home. They also said they were gonna give us a free marg to make up for her having to pay extra all of those times, but of course they didn't. I hate that place, but she loves it, so oh well. I wanted a fancier or "healthier" (read: less caloric) drink, but since only the house margaritas are on happy hour as far as I know, and they're not made from a mix + they're small I just got one of those. Then I (probably stupidly) switched to vodka. I was gonna have another vodka (glad I didn't..), but my Mom had only drank a few sips of her margarita and we were almost ready to go, so I just finished that. 


UM and our bartender thought I was 14??? Well, he believed me, but he said he had to see my ID before he served me b/c I look 14, but I should appreciate that. 14?! Riiight.


My brother went on his first official date last nite (aww), so that's cool. We had to help him find out how to get to her house, how to get to the movies, etc from her house, and back again. After that I decided I should probably eat something, even tho I was still only a bit hungry, but felt I could use a little nutrition. Hence, the salad and light yogurt. I wish that yogurt was organic tho, ugh. I always feel creepy after eating something with chemicals and especially hormones/antibiotics pumped into it. Ick. Anyway..


I'm sad Ron/Mike were below the yellow line on Biggest Loser last nite. I want Tara to win (tho I'd be OK w/ Mike), but I really wanted Ron and Mike to make it all the way together. Fucking Helen. I really do not like that bitch. :). She better get third. And I think that was so dangerous and plain STUPID to make them all do a marathon. I felt so bad for Mike not being able to run, but they really put them all in danger, especially Ron (and Mike, considering his condition). Not cool. I can't believe even Jillian hasn't run one!


Oh and out of curiosity from the hijinx yesterday I weighed myself this morning. I lost another lb. I'm not gonna officially count it since I forget the exact number, but haha HOW? Hey, I'll take it! :)


exercise:

7 min treadmill @ 4mph, 8 min @ 3.5mph, 10 min @ 3mph, & 5 min @ 2.5mph


I woke up TWO HOURS earlier than I needed to (about 30 min earlier than usual for a Tuesday, but I already have enough pts for an A in statistics, so I decided not to go anymore). I couldn't fall back asleep, so I hopped on the treadmill. I only had about 20 minutes I could really fit in to my schedule, but I kept wanting to go longer. I figured if I kept going slower it'd just be an extra long cool down lol. Tho I did jog a little during fast parts of the songs I was listening to, even at the slow speed of the treadmill. Shh. And again, it was all on a slight incline. 


K, I've blabbered on looooong enough.


XO,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment