Sunday, April 5, 2009

Food and Exercise 10

Yum Yum Yum


-a little less than 1/2 veggie omelet with egg whites only and a littttle avocado on top (100 cals?)

- 3/4 order of extra crispy pan fried breakfast potatoes and a little ketchup (200 cals?)

-black coffee (0 cals)

-water (crazy amounts, easily over 200 oz, about half with a little lemon) (0 cals)

-4 oz plain ff greek yogurt (60 cals), 1 organic granny smith apple sliced (80 cals), a few organic strawberries (15 cals), 1/4 cup REALLY DELICIOUS organic maple walnut granola (100 cals), and cinnamon (0 cals)

-about 1 serving of spaghetti marinara with 1/2 a giant meatball (about 400 cals?)

-2 small pieces of bread (tried to avoid it, but it was sooooooo good) (200 cals?)

-1 small piece lemon chicken with capers (275 cals?)

-2 plates of mixed green salad with a little prosciutto and gorgonzola (350 cals?)

-small sliver of red velvet cake (not worth the cals. too sweet) (150 cals?)


(very tentative) total: 1930


OUCH. LOL @ me thinking I did OK at dinner before actually thinking about the numbers. Oops. And I didn't even order wine or a cocktail or anything to drive the total up! But it was freaking delicious, especially the pasta. It was for our family b-day celebration for my Mom. Since it's a family-style place and it wasn't my birthday I just said I'd eat whatever everyone else wanted. I'm usually kind of controlling about that stuff and now I see why--if I'm not we all eat crap. Just Kidding. Kinda. But again, it was so good and it was a celebration. I know I keep making excuses, but I swear my life isn't usually so eventful lol. I did tell myself as long as my total doesn't go over 2,000 I won't beat myself up about it (as long as higher totals like that aren't an every day thing), but it's still nothing to be proud of. Damn restaurants! This is really teaching me how destructive they are to a "diet" (/healthy lifestyle) even when you try to make good choices. I know at most places it's POSSIBLE, but it's not easy. 


On another note: Organic strawberries are SO MUCH tastier than nonorganic. I discovered this last year, but this was the first time recently I could find organic strawberries and yummm. & as you can see, I got new granola to replace the hamster-y kind (lol) and wowowow. A little sweet, but still two thumbs up! 


I'm pretty pissed off, though. My Mom promised we'd go to the gym together today and then, like usual, changed her mind. About 10 minutes before we planned to go. I'm pissed off for me, but also for her. She always says she wants to get into better shape to feel better again, but doesn't do ANYTHING about it. Whenever she's at home she just lays in bed and watches tv or gets on her laptop. She even has me bring her water, food, etc. most of the time. No wonder she always feels like shit all the time! UGH. It's just frustrating to hear her say one thing and do another. And my Dad is the opposite. He works out a LOT, but eats like crap (and way too much) when he says he wants to change. Well, my Mom eats like crap too (mostly), but she doesn't eat very much. I know I can only focus on myself and my own journey, but my parents are older than most parents my age and I worry about them. They look and act younger, but I want them to stay that way, and to be healthy. *SIGH* 


Exercise I did do: went on a walk with my brother and two of our dogs for about 10-15 min, then I jumped on our (annoying, partially broken) treadmill for 25 min and alternated between running and speed walking. It didn't feel like I was overexerting myself, but when I was done I was dripping sweat and was bright red. I didn't get a headache after though, so that's good. That usually happens to me when I work out  like that. 


*fingers crossed for a better next week* not that this week was all bad. Or even most.


XO,

Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment