Saturday, April 18, 2009

Food and Exercise 22


For Yesterday:


-16 oz unsweetened green tea bubble tea (200 cals? since the cals are only from the pearls maybe even a lil less)

-beef pho (500 cals?)

-33 oz lemon water (0 cals)

-50 oz regular water (0 cals)

-half serving of whole grain chips w/quinoa/flax seeds/etc in them (55 cals)

-1 fried shrimp (40ish cals?)

-1/2 fried zucchini appetizer with ranch (400 cals?)

-a few bites of a santa fe chicken salad with no cheese and dressing on the side (100 cals?)

-3/4 glass of Chateau St. Michelle Chardonnay (I got acid reflux halfway thru the meal and couldn't finish this grr it was good too) (80 cals?)

-small piece of my brothers ice cream cake (100 cals)


tentative total: 1475 calories





(pics are bad quality b/c they're not only cell-pics, but also from inside a dark restaurant. I need to start bringing my real cam w/ me all the time like I used to!)


Too much restaurant food makes Amanda a sick girl. After the pho (which wasn't spicy at all btw, wtf! Usually by the end of the bowl I feel kinda sick from all the heat, but this time I had to add hot sauce from home!) I felt kinda swollen from all the sodium, so I drank a bunch of water to help flush some of it out + I went for a long walk, which I'll mention below. Then I felt better. My brother picked this steak place, Traildust, for his b-day, but I've had SO MUCH red meat this week and I am not a fan of red meat in general, so I told myself if I got a salad or baked potato instead of steak I could have a glass of wine. My brother ordered the shrimp appetizer, but I remembered this place has the BEST fried zucchini and ranch, so I suggested that to my Dad as well. He LOVES zucchini, so we got that too. Normally it'd be SO worth it, but it was only OK this time. Still good, but not the mouthgasm I remember lol. My salad was pretty much one of the biggest salads I've ever seen (besides maybe from the Cheesecake Factory). But after a few bites of the salad I started to get acid reflux. UGH. A lot of the time when I get it I get it BAD and spend the next 2 hours clutching my chest in horrible pain and puking in the bathroom praying to God to just make it go away. I quit eating and drinking and eventually started to feel a little better, thankfully. Being away from home when I get it is pretty scary, b/c I don't know what to do. I think for the next couple days I'll try and take it easy and stick to mainly fruits, vegetables, and plain things like yogurt. Of course, I have leftovers too I don't want to go to waste, so I'll prob incorporate those in as well, despite not being what my body needs. 


We're going to one of my favorite deli's for an early b-day thing for me on Sunday and I think my Mom is taking me to our fave upscale restaurant one day (though if I still feel like crap I may see if she wants to postpone it a week or two), not to mention the family b-day extravaganza we're doing next Friday, so I can't say I'll entirely avoid restaurants, but I'll do what I can. I refuse to give up the UNBELIEVABLY GOOD cream cheese danish from the deli, but I think I can make dietary tweaks here and there to help my digestive system survive the overkill. 


Exercise: 1 hr walking/jogging my dogs. Bella likes to go fast, while Buster is slower, so it's too hard trying to take them at once. Nobody would go with me, though, so they each got to go on a 30 minute walk lol. My quads hurt SO BADLY from the 30 Day Shred, but I still managed to do pretty well. Mostly it's just hard going down stairs lol. I really don't see how Jillian expects people to do it every day without hurting themselves, especially out of shape people, which probably accounts for at LEAST half of her target audience. 


LOL @ this pic of my Dad with his giant 30 oz beer. He almost NEVER drinks, especially at restaurants. He probably has a couple beers a month at home and maybe 5 a YEAR when we go out. Last nite we were celebrating my brother's bday at this steak place (not a fancy place, kind of a cowboy-type environment lol with a dance floor and live band and stuff...kinda ironic 'cause on the way there we were making fun of a cowboy my brother saw at the mall, but anyway..). My Mom didn't feel well so she stayed home, but I kept texting with her throughout dinner. She told me to tell my Dad their beer is cheap there if he wanted to get one. At first he said maybe, but I didn't think he was going to, but soon after a party of 20 or so people sat in the giant table in front of us and they ALL ordered these giant mugs of beer and my Dad suddenly HAD to have one haha. SO not like him at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment